Thread: Skin Analysis

Default Skin Analysis

If anything, it was interesting.

I was in Eckerd Drugstore today, just a regular store that now sells European skin care lines. The woman behind the counter asked me if I'd like a skin analysis. I sat down and she put a wand with a green light against my cheek, nose and forehead. I looked at the computer screen.

You see the first layer and then two layers below. Fascinating and scary! It looked like a high powered microscope. She showed me which were "comodones" (black and whiteheads), dry skin, clogged pores and where the skin had good hydration. I could see where my light foundation wasn't covering because my pores were clogged.

She said that my cheeks were not getting enough moisture, and my forehead was the best part of my face. What I liked was that she wasn't selling me anything. It was very informative.

She suggested the AVENE skin line for me. She gave me samples! I love free samples. She said that I should put on a night cream that will help exfoliate overnight and that my cleanser wasn't cleaning deeply enough. She suggested that I exfoliate with an exfoliating product 3x per week.

She also suggested that I use a cleanser without water. Our water has so many chemicals in it that it dries out the skin. That's why the French make a lot of products with a high water content (using mineral water with healing properties).

I'm getting a facial next week. Whenever I get one, my makeup goes on like satin. I'm the first to say that there isn't a difference between cheap and expensive products, but after seeing that my skin wasn't what I thought it was, I'll give the AVENE a try.
    I use an organic moisturizer and MAC eye cream.

Click on where to buy and go and get your free samples.

http://www.aveneusa.com/consumers/default.asp

Elite Member

interesting chalet..i think i am too lazy w/ this kind of stuff, i need to start paying more attention to it..

Jeez, that must have been some Eckerd's you were in, Chalet. My neighborhood Eckerd's is nowhere near as exciting. We have no ladies with wands with green lights standing behind counters(wink). But that does sound fascinating. I would love to have someone examine my skin like that.

Elite Member

^^me 2! i think im paranoid of products. i try to stick to natural-like washing face with strawberries, exfoliate with oatmeal...etc. im in that phase now. we'll see how it works out lol

I feel that Neutrogena skin products are the best for me. Their cleanser is gentle, yet also makes my skin tingle. I use their acne cream, too, and it's probably just as good as prescription strength products.

Thread Information