Thread: Bumps and more bumps

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Bumps and more bumps

anyone get this?

you see i have these bumps on my cheek. my left cheek only. i get the odd 'zit' you know it gets red and then you squeeze it then it goes away. but these bumps are sinister. they look like zits but they have no heads on them like whiteheads or blackheads. they don't hurt, and they dont turn red. they just exist on my cheek. i am pretty sure it's a blocked pore. but how on earth do i get rid of them? i quit putting moisturizer on them but this isn't helping. astringent. some good old glycolic acid. clinique devil's water ouchie burn toner. nothing will rid my face of these awful bumps!

they would be clogged pores though i presume. do i need to slough these off my fricking face with a pumice stone? im talking i've had these for months and months! they dont go away!

oy vey!

Do you have a habit of resting that side of your face in your hand? Or do you tend you use the phone on that side of your head? Something is going on differently over there. You're getting bacteria on that side for some reason.

And it sounds like you need a facial, cuz some stuff is in there down deep.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I know, huh?! Seriously this ^ used to happen to me as a teenager, esp. fom the phone. Lobes is right.

Elite Member

hi egolitaa, you may want to check with a derm just to be sure..also do you have them more when you are worried/anxious?
    i think stress causes skin to act up more than most other factors..

Elite Member

get a facial with extractions. try to put some natural exfoliant too, like oatmeal with honey and yogurt. lay off the moisturizer. I used to work for Zinaida Rivkin, my parents have a business across from her. anywayz, she's a crazy russian lady who has her own way, but literally cures acne. so she told me never to use moisturizer. i mean, maybe for my skin, i dunno about yours-i have i guess combo, more on dry side. so this is why i say lay off moisturizer. try! and also, i heard if you wash your face with w/e fruits you eat-it's really good. like strawberries, papaya, bananas. maybe lay off products for a few days. let me know how it all works out!

I used to get these bumps on my cheeks and my upper arms when I was a kid. If it's the samething, it's called Keratosis Pilaris. The weird thing about it is that even thought it's blocked hair follicles, it's actually made worse by dry skin and you need to use heavy duty moisturizer on it.

Hit By Ban Bus!

well i bought neostrata home facial peeling system, and the microdermabrasion system as well, and they FINALLY BROKE OUT lol. in other words they became the pimples they always wanted to be, now i can just let them heal and they will be gone.

and yes, i touch my face too much, probably on that side too, i also have a bad habit of sleeping with my hands tucked beneath the side of my head.

Thread Information