Thread: Doh! Fatguy has pink hair!

Elite Member

Default Doh! Fatguy has pink hair!

The day before an important event (yesterday) I highlighted my hair with a home kit. The solution in the kit was intentionally a bold color just so I could see where I was placing the highlights--but it didn't wash out. I now have neon pink streaks of hair.

Contacted the help line and was told after about 30 mins of questioning that ultimately my previously chemically treated hair must have interacted with the new dye.

Upset, as my final question to them I asked how it was then possible that my dark blonde roots were now pink as they were unprocessed before this point. The operator responded that if anything, for this particular kit my hair should be blue from the solution (I felt she was insinuating that I was lying at this point).

I ask how this would be when my solution was neon pink?--She pauses.

I'm then connected to a manager who, after a few more questions explains that THE WRONG 'COLOR PACKETTE' WAS PLACED IN THE BOX!
    -------------------
    I'm supposed to get paperwork in the mail to get reimbursed for the initial purchase and to get my color corrected at the salon. They are requiring the dye box and 'color packette' be returned to them as some sort of evidence and a receipt from the salon that I choose.

They can only guarantee $75 towards the color correction so I'm going to be pissed if I'm not fully compensated for whatever it takes. I've got to go to work with this hair; I've a busy schedule and not much time for a salon trip; hair's nearly to my butt and if I'm to cut it I'd like at least a buck for every month it took me to grow this shit out.

Quote Originally Posted by fatguyinalittlecoat View Post
    The day before an important event (yesterday) I highlighted my hair with a home kit. The solution in the kit was intentionally a bold color just so I could see where I was placing the highlights--but it didn't wash out. I now have neon pink streaks of hair.

Contacted the help line and was told after about 30 mins of questioning that ultimately my previously chemically treated hair must have interacted with the new dye.

Upset, as my final question to them I asked how it was then possible that my dark blonde roots were now pink as they were unprocessed before this point. The operator responded that if anything, for this particular kit my hair should be blue from the solution (I felt she was insinuating that I was lying at this point).

I ask how this would be when my solution was neon pink?--She pauses.

I'm then connected to a manager who, after a few more questions explains that THE WRONG 'COLOR PACKETTE' WAS PLACED IN THE BOX!
    -------------------
    I'm supposed to get paperwork in the mail to get reimbursed for the initial purchase and to get my color corrected at the salon. They are requiring the dye box and 'color packette' be returned to them as some sort of evidence and a receipt from the salon that I choose.

They can only guarantee $75 towards the color correction so I'm going to be pissed if I'm not fully compensated for whatever it takes. I've got to go to work with this hair; I've a busy schedule and not much time for a salon trip; hair's nearly to my butt and if I'm to cut it I'd like at least a buck for every month it took me to grow this shit out.
    OMG!

Seek legal advice!!!! Fast! I feel (but have no legal training) that it is rediculous that they should limit the cost to rectify their mistake to your hair!

Also having hair that long...... oh...... the horror!!!!! (sorry, of it going wrong! having personal nightmares!!!) but don't have it cut!!!
    Can you not try to get them to agree to pay the salon direct? So that you don't have to be reinbursed? Afterall they shouldn't presume that you can afford this cost!

Bronze Member

Wow, I would be pissssssed!! It reminds me of a book I once read - some woman would walk around pharmacies changing the colour packets from hair dye boxes. It made me laugh at the time but now I can see the severity of it! I would be raging.

I see this happened a couple weeks ago, did you get anything sorted out?

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by stylin shopaholic View Post
    I see this happened a couple weeks ago, did you get anything sorted out?
    i'm curious as well.. are you still having the pink hairs?
    hope you are able to resolve this

Im curious as to why anybody, short of hippies, would want hair down to their ass?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

^^i have very long hair that is to the middle of my lower back, so almost the same..i just think it looks pretty lol

Long hair can be very beautiful, but you don't want to put "products" on it. Too complicated, as you have found out.
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

awww shit!! you have very long hair so i think its gonna take more than $75 to fix it...
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Elite Member

I wanted to wait a week before going to a salon because I didn't want too many chemical treatments in such a short time span and--guess what? It came out itself! I'll still be getting a refund check for the actual product this week.

As for long hair, I think if done right it looks pretty. I also can't stand myself with hair that I consider medium length of any kind (like boob to shoulder length)--it has to be super short or long or I don't feel right.

Thread Information