Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What men find beautiful

SVZ

Default What men find beautiful

It`s a question that has baffled women for ages. What do men consider beautiful in women? Most of us believe men only see looks as beautiful simply because the media believes it is true. They show us busty females with perfect bodies plastered across our television screens, billboards, and posters, or skinny little models posing in barely there undergarments and designer clothing and we automatically think; "The woman of every man`s dreams". But ask any guy and you may very well be surprised to learn those perfect bodies and skinny models are far from his dream girl.

Recently, an online survey discovered that men preferred women with an average size body and curves to those whose bodies bared more bone than fat; like the models we see on the runways.

However, even while an average size body did turn their heads, it was actually a woman`s personality that men considered beautiful the most. They also think that a woman with self-confidence is beautiful. Kind, caring and sincere were three other attributes that were also considered beautiful in a woman as well as a woman who is willing to listen to him and engage in conversation with him.

And what did they find beautiful as far as looks? When it comes to physical attributes, the eyes have it. Men also confessed that women with natural average-sized breasts were more beautiful than women with breast implants. And when it comes to women`s fashion they think we look beautiful in casual clothing verses neat. And what underwear did they find beautiful on a woman? Surprisingly, average and feminine beat out the skimpy erotic panties found on models in adult magazines. Even more surprising, the surveys found that men thought women with a barely there, natural makeup looked more beautiful than women who wear a lot of makeup.

So what gives? Apparently guys are finding out that there`s more than meets the eye when it comes to a woman being beautiful. Men would rather get to know a woman and discover that she is beautiful naturally instead of just judging her from the way she looks and finding out that she`s really an ugly person on the inside. They’re discovering what we’ve known all along, that true beauty lies within.

And what about all of the wonderful mothers and grandmothers out there? Well smile, because while they might not admit it, a survey found that the men in your life secretly think you’re beautiful too!

So does this mean that we`ll be saying adios to those perfect and skinny bodies in the media too? Probably not, since the media knows that there`s still a whole new generation of young men who are willing to believe that age-old tactic of "Sex sells". Still, we have begun to notice that more and more average and curvy size women are making their presence known in Hollywood and we`re loving it!

http://www.carefair.com/Men/What_Men...iful_1037.html

My Grandfather hated that women wear makeup. He said it means they must have a lot of ugliness inside to hide. Especially if they wore a ton of it.

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    My Grandfather hated that women wear makeup. He said it means they must have a lot of ugliness inside to hide. Especially if they wore a ton of it.

My beau says that too.
    Thank God, because I really hate the look myself.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Well, I take this with a grain of salt because in my experience a LOT of men say these things, but they go for the heavily made up bottle blondes with big ta tas. Just an observation.

My ex husband said he liked me better without makeup. When we broke up, his sister said he always told me that because when I wore makeup, more men would take notice of me. Maybe when men settle, they don't want to feel they still have to compete? Or maybe some just grow out of wanting the flashy bimbos?

Possibly. But a man who is insecure because his wife wears makeup has bigger problems than you obviously wanted to deal with, anyway. lol. I think way too much makeup is what some -- certainly not all -- men object to. Most women look better with some makeup.

When I wear no makeup, I've had those very same guys ask me if I'm sick or something. I don't need much foundation, especially in summer, but without a little lipstick and mascara, I kind of fade away. And I bet a lot of the "natural" women they are talking about are carefully made up to look that way!

I concur with the things pointed out in the original post. I find average sized women attractive, no implants at all. I don't care if they are smaller than my man boobs, I don't like silicone parts. But really I'm not particular that a woman has to look like some model or fitness queen. I've been attracted to plus size women just as any other size.
    Specifically, I do find long hair very sexy, not that I don't like short hair on women that can do that. I like full and rounded cheeks, as well as a great smile. I particularly find sexy women that look naturally beautiful without tons of makeup.

Personality traits also I agree with, confidence, kind and caring, a great personality does wonder for a person's beauty man or woman.

I like that saying! It's a good one.

Silver Member

This article is supposed to sound good, but it doesn't. What is an average sized woman? Obesity is quite a problem these days and "the average woman" might not a have a very healthy body type. Healthy weight is what should be seen desirable (at least in my opinion). Is the average woman of a healthy size? When there's no pressure left to look a certain way, doesn't this make it acceptable to be overweight?

Apparently guys are finding out that there`s more than meets the eye when it comes to a woman being beautiful.They’re discovering what we’ve known all along, that true beauty lies within.
    Yeah right, as if women knew this! Women themselves buy into that narrow concept of beauty that media is blamed for. Take a look at any women's magazine. Do you get the impression that "we’ve known all along that true beauty lies within".

And the site where that article is from - it makes the message sound very hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    Well, I take this with a grain of salt because in my experience a LOT of men say these things, but they go for the heavily made up bottle blondes with big ta tas. Just an observation.
    This is true. Do you think it's because they're truly attracted to the bimbo type, or maybe it's because they want to be seen with the bimbo types because that's what society seems to value? Are these men who are looking for trophies vs real relationships? I don't know, just speculating.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Fuck that (not your grandfather, Darksith, just the general idea). I view makeup as an art by itself, not just to make someone look more attractive. I've also heard that kind of remark a lot, so I guess what bothers me is that people (not just men) feel that women have an obligation to look their best (hence, wear flattering, "natural-looking" makeup). Fuck that. I'm just as comfortable in loads of bright, outrageous makeup as I am with none whatsoever, or with just a bit. It's what makes you comfortable, not what other people think is more alluring.

*rant over*
    2 years...

Men separate love and sex more than women do. Women seem to have one list of required attributes. Men have two lists. Attributes of women they could fall in love with (hence the "kind and sincere"). And the list of attributes of women you have no intention of falling in love with for more than one evening......obviously, this list has more physical attributes than "inner beauty" and "character".

If I want a "brief affair", her character just isn't that important, and "perky breasts" suddenly become of greater interest. If I want a long-term relationship, then I don't notice the "breast sag" because that is so much less important than a sense of humor and her kindness and understanding and integrity, etc.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Thanks for that, I agree 100% and call BULLSHIT whenever I read one of these dumbassed articles in the chick rags. It's all about trying to make women feel good, just like the mens' magazines always saying women don't care if your dick is 2 inches long. These men who say they don't like makeup on a woman are liars. What they like is the idea of natural beauty which typically takes hours to achieve in the salon or in front of your own mirror. Yep, all men like the natural no plastic/no makeup look, or at least that's what they tell their gullible wives and girlfriends. They love to think we just magically wake up looking like centerfolds with no assistance from cosmetics, surgery, fake tans, hair color, or push up bras. They'll tell their women they hate all that junk on a woman, that they prefer no makeup and jeans and a t-shirt on a girl. Then watch them break their necks gawking at the trim, fit girl with the fresh blowout, nice rack, and glossy lips. This shit is just put out there to make frumpy chicks feel better about themselves much in the same way we have to endure the lame articles that come around every Mother's Day exhalting the value of stay at home moms(excuse me, domestic engineers) who should be earning $130,000 per year for their services. It also bothers me that when people, especially women, speak of wanting to see more 'average' sized women represented in the media they seem to overlook the fact that nowadays the average American woman is overweight, not merely non-anorexic or healthy. I do believe that men prefer women a bit heavier than women think they do and that men prefer a curvy shape. However, the descriptor curvy is abused as a euphemism for chunky or fat when it means nothing of the sort and it lets too heavy women delude themselves into thinking, "Yeah, men like a woman with curves like mine". Believe me, I want us all to feel good about ourselves regardless of our weight, chest size, bank accounts, or social status, but blatant pandering like this is embarrassing.
    Last edited by crumpet; January 3rd, 2007 at 02:20 PM.

Hit By Ban Bus!

i agree crumpet. where was this article again? woman's world or something?

i dont wear alot of makeup, but when i do my boyfriend loves it. and it's not because i am more 'confident', in fact i feel weird in makeup and don't act any better than if i wasn't wearing any. and i dont think guys specifically like skinny skinny women but they dont like chubby. i really do think women seem to think bone thin is more attractive than men do.

In my experience, men like women in all shapes, sizes and colours. The majority of men are not interested in stick figures -- curves, not obesity, are always in style. In fact, men are biologically predisposed toward curvy women because it indicates fertility.

Just be confident in who you are, and men will always be interested. I've known women who were far from gorgeous, but they never had any trouble attracting men because there really isn't anything sexier than confidence and self esteem.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information