Thread: Concealing acne scars

Default Concealing acne scars

I have a few red acne/blackhead scars on my cheeks which are getting me down cause i don't know how to cover them up. Whenever i put foundation they just show up through it and when i put concealer it just looks all cakey.

I've heard that green concealer covers them up, but does it really work? Also can someone recommend me a good foundation that leaves skin matte and flawless?

Thanks in advance!

Hit By Ban Bus!

if someone figures out a good makeup that would be great for me too, i have the same problem. my zits always left an impression in my cheek area.

anyways, i just wanted to say that the girl at the cosmetic counter gave me some free samples of "neostrata 10% glycolic acid SPF 15 daytime ultrasmoothing cream"... now i live in canada so i dont know if you can get neostrata in the states. but i've been using it for THREE days and i am noticing a serious change in the scarring area. i also have big pores on my cheeks too. and what is see happening is the skin is very pink. shiny, and the pores and scars seem to be really losing their depth. so when i apply my makeup, and i use maybelline mousse & a tad of clinique gel moisturizer all smooshed up and applied with a foundation brush, it looks fantastic. almost dewy and very fresh.

this is all i can offer, i hope you can try it out.

Elite Member

hey pinkcadillac, i apprenticed for a little while with a make-up artist last year and she worked on a set w/ a performer who had acne scars. have you tried the MAC full-coverage line? it is a heavy foundation that worked well from what i saw, much thicker than their other foundations. also cinema secrets has a good line that i like. their foundations are wax and cream-based, so they don't dry out your skin, they protect and cover really well and it is like wearing a comfortable moisturizer all day lol

I use this on my larger pores near my nose and on my chin which has a pinker tone due to some adult acne scarring.

It's an underbase and thick. Then you can put a sheerer foundation over and you'll look flawless.

http://a248.e.akamai.net/www.cliniqu...q_647G_250.jpg

I'm also a MAC fan, so I'd try that too.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkCadillac View Post
    I've heard that green concealer covers them up, but does it really work? Also can someone recommend me a good foundation that leaves skin matte and flawless?
    I use Physician's Formula green color corrector powder and I love it. I know they also make a concealer, but I haven't tried that.

What I can say about green tinted products is that they are FABULOUS if you want to tone down the red/pink in your skin. I have very fair skin with pink undertones and it takes that away a lot of that. If you don't have a lot of pink or red in your skin don't use it everywhere, otherwise it will make your skin look green.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by Egolita View Post

anyways, i just wanted to say that the girl at the cosmetic counter gave me some free samples of "neostrata 10% glycolic acid SPF 15 daytime ultrasmoothing cream"... now i live in canada so i dont know if you can get neostrata in the states. but i've been using it for THREE days and i am noticing a serious change in the scarring area. i also have big pores on my cheeks too. and what is see happening is the skin is very pink. shiny, and the pores and scars seem to be really losing their depth. this is all i can offer, i hope you can try it out.

Thanks for the tip, Egolita. Sounds like a great product, so I just went and ordered it from amazon.com to give it a try

Hit By Ban Bus!

i've been using the neostrata for two weeks now. the pink blotches on my face are gone. and my skin feels really smooth. i think it's kind of like a layer of icky dead skin has been removed. unfortunately now that i've become obsessed with my skin, and after buying a magnifying mirror, i spend all my free time going over all my flaws and am bordering on insane.

SERIOUS ADVICE FOR YOUNG PEOPLE! start now man, don't be like me and at 36 start freaking out for never wearing moisturizer, washing your face and popping any zits on it. gah!!!!! i look like a baby james woods. well, maybe not that bad, but i almost feel like it. i've started asking close friends and family to observe pores and marks on my face. they think im nuts. lol.

Bronze Member

thanks guys for all the tips. i rarely if ever wear foundation because of my acne and pores so i'm going to have to try one of these.

If you just want a covering makeup and not a moisturizer/cream type thing I highly recommend L'oreal bare minerals powder. It goes on sort of heavy like a powder but is really lightweight once its on. I have roseacea and it covers it completely-you don't even need to use foundation beforehand.

Thanks guys, i'm definately trying some of these!

OK, thanks to egolita I tried the neostrata moisturizer and it is FABULOUS. My scars started to fade noticibly after a couple weeks and I find I don't have to wear makeup as often anymore (used to use tinted moisturizer). So a BIG thank you to her and a big reccommendation to everyone else with the same issue.

Bronze Member

Hmmm...I will look into this Neostrata stuff Thanks for the recommendation and I am glad you found something that works for you!

Hit By Ban Bus!

isn't it great? i just bought their at home peel & dermabrasion kits. i also have to say i have not been wearing foundation either lately. my skin is looking so pink and rosey on its own!

I worked with two women who both had acne scars and had them lasered - their faces were a bit red for a week or two but it noticeably improved the look of their skin

one of my gfriends went on accutane and it caused serious scars including pock marks and deep craters. She went in for tri weekly microdermabrasian and glycolic acid treatments and they disappeared.

Thread Information