Thread: Injectable fillers: experiences?

Bronze Member

Question Injectable fillers: experiences?

I am considering having hyaluronic acid injections to fill out some specific spots in the undereye area and fill in a few small depressed acne scars. I know it is not a permanent, even if it worked right (nor I look for something permanent, in case I didn't like the result).
    Did you use injectable fillers to plump up hollow areas or fill in small lines? and/or small depressed acne scars? or anything else? How was the result, the recovery time, the bruises -if any- etc.? I know it is a very personal thing, but how long did it last?
    And did they create weird lumps or not? (if they did, did those lumps go away along with the hyaluronic acid being reabsorbed by the body over the months?).
    Can you share your experiences?
    Thanks

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

omg I want to do the same thing under my eyes and laugh lines as well b/c the wrinkles are very aging there. Any advice from anyone here would be appreciated but I know there's this site too: http://www.yestheyrefake.net/

holy shit i thought you said you were getting hydrochloric acid injections under your eyes.

I haven't actually heard of the injectable filler you are considering my only suggestion is to continue to research it thorougly and make sure that if you do choose to go ahead with it that the injector person is appropriately qualified.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

have you tried laser resuirfacing for the pockmarks?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    holy shit i thought you said you were getting hydrochloric acid injections under your eyes.
    I read it as hydraulic acid.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

You guys know hyaluronic acid comes from animal parts??
    Just thought I'd throw it in there, some people mind that kind of thing.

Some brands do and some claim to be non-animal based. They're produced by bacteria!

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

I've never heard of that... i've only read about it being produced by animal sources. I would just be pissed myself if I had a certain sensitivity about animals and animal testing and I found out afterwards that some substance which I may have thought to be some obscure chemical is actually directly taken from animal bodies.. Just saying, some people might want to ask.

I had injections in my knee for osteoarthritis (no, I'm not old, I just feel like it!) and made damn sure that it wasn't animal based!

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Bronze Member

Smile

Hi there!

I have considered laser resurfacing... but it is more expensive than the other option and requires downtime... and I can't take days off from work (nor have the money to do it, anyway).

As for hyaluronic acid, I talked with a doc, there are two types. One (Hydraform) is made out of animal parts, yes, and that's why I wouldn't go for it (I am an animal activist), the other, Restylane, is made out of some weird type of reaction (not a chemist, sorry ) that I don't understand, but the point is that it is synthetic, based inded on bacteria, although it acts as the normal, natural hyaluronic acid when injected. I would go for that one, NOT the animal-based one.

IF I get the money to try it, I will update you!

Shit, in that case I don't understand why they don't use synthetic, period. I mean, I am not a passionate animal activist or anything, I know that on mostly american boards like this one there are a lot of people who are more vehement about these things, so I thought I'd put it in the discussion...
    I just remember hearing that they make it from rooster combs, and I found that a bit off putting.
    Twitchy, did you have pains? Does it help with that kind of thing?

Rooster combs and pig umbilical cords!

It did help with the pain and that kept me sane while on a waiting list for surgery. Stupid non-lubricating knee.

I find it fascinating how so many things have different uses.

My guess is that synthetic stuff costs more to make and would eat into the profits?

Bronze Member

Unhappy

The doc said that Hylaform (I said Hydraform, that was wrong, sorry) and Restylane are almost identical, but that in some ways in some people (!) one can last longer than the other or look better. He says there's not a huge differnce, but that people sometimes react very differently to slightly differently fillers. I still think, me too, that if they are basically the same and unless the differences in terms of results AND safety were too huge, that it does not make sense that something that can be done synthetically should be done out of parts of roosters bred for that reason, geez!
    I just wish investigation kept on going the synthetic route . I would feel like crap having something injected that I know came from roosters bred for that ... so shallow... it would feel awful and cruel from me. I mean, they'd die to satisfy my vanity? that's horrible!
    I could only feel ok with it if I had a true deformity and that it was a matter of health that I needed that version and not some other type of Hyaluronic acid. Still... it sucks that they make the Hylaform that way. It should be prohibited

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
    my advice? by the damn numbing cream to slather on at least an hour before you go in if your having anything injected into your face!
    Thank you for the great advice!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
    my advice? by the damn numbing cream to slather on at least an hour before you go in if your having anything injected into your face!
    yeah i do that for my lazer hair removal around my bikini area, but i dont really need it anymore, i sorta like the pain...and I've been looking into Restylane for a while as well. but I need something for under my eyes; they're so saggy and wrinkly - they need some serious plumping...

Thread Information