Thread: Will Vaseline thicken my eyelashes?

SVZ

Default Will Vaseline thicken my eyelashes?

http://thebeautybrains.com/

Ying Yearns For Longer Lashes:
    Does VASELINE petroleum jelly really helps to thicken and elongate eyelashes and eyebrows?

The Left Brain Responds:
    Vaseline petroleum jelly, or petrolatum, as it is technically known, is a multipurpose cosmetic ingredient. It is an excellent moisturizer because it creates a barrier layer on the skin that retards water loss. It is also used as a base for many hairdressing products because its heavy, greasy consistency can help control flyway hair. Does it thicken and elongate eyelashes? I suppose that coating your lashes with any thick, greasy substance could, in theory, make them look longer and thick. But it will NOT physically increase the diameter or length of the eyelash itself. Were sorry to tell you the Vaseline is not a great solution to lack luster lashes.
    Want to know more about this miracle goop? Here are my 3 favorite facts about Vaseline petroleum jelly:
    1) According to some sources, the brand name Vaseline is a combination of the German word for water, wasser (pronounced vahser), and the Greek word for oil, elaion.
    2) Robert Chesebrough, the inventor of the process used to purify petrolatum, used a clever trick when hawking his product. First hed burn his skin with acid or a flame and then hed apply petroleum jelly to the burned area. Finally he would show the audience how his previous burn marks had healed after treatment with his miracle product. Now lets see the Right Brain try that!
    3) Despite popular misconceptions, petroleum jelly is NOT a good sexual lubricant because it is oil-based and will dissolve latex condoms. (Once again, Right Brain please take note.)

I have used Vaseline on my undereye area and lashes on and off for years, and I agree with the article. It's an excellent conditioner for eyelashes, but I don't think that it makes lashes longer or fuller.

Elite Member

i think a good mascara will help more lol..

Vaseline is a pretty good eye makeup remover.

Why the hell do you need to condition your eyelashes?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

No,
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Sometimes I will try anything. I used castor oil to try to grow my brows in more quickly because Anastasia THE QUEEN OF BROWS said it in a magazine. It seemed to work...

SVZ

There's a really good product that does grow your eyebrows/eyelashes to ridiculous lengths. I believe it's a prostaglandin, currently it's not for sale though because the FDA is investigating...too bad because the results are amazing.

You can put rogaine on your eyebrows to help grow them back in
    Last edited by choozen1ne; December 3rd, 2006 at 02:47 PM. Reason: spelling

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

i have this mascara type product thats a bunch of white fibers in a bottle and you put it on like you put on mascara and then use mascara over it! Its amazing; i'll try to remember to post its name when im at home

It makes them super long and thick, but only while you're wearing it.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by dakodas View Post
    Sometimes I will try anything. I used castor oil to try to grow my brows in more quickly because Anastasia THE QUEEN OF BROWS said it in a magazine. It seemed to work...
    Really? good to know. Thanks for sharing.

Thread Information