Thread: Does Mederma Really Remove Scars?

SVZ

Default Does Mederma Really Remove Scars?

http://thebeautybrains.com/

Mandy on Mederma:
    Does Mederma (http://www.mederma.com/) really help make scars less noticable? Enough to make it worth purchasing

The Right Brain’s Reply: According to Merderma’s website, many doctors recommend their product. But we’re not convinced. Especially considering the article we found from the Dermatology Times which references a dermatologist’s study that indicates “There is no convincing evidence that it works. Additionally, it is extracted from onions, and fragrance is added to it. When fragrance is added, there is at least the possibility that the patient could develop an allergic contact dermatitis.” Hmmm. we didn’t realize the stuff comes from onions!
    But we suppose the bottom line is, depending on which doctor you want to believe, Mederma may or may not be worth a try. At least it’s easy to use and not that expensive.
    Finally, if you’re interested in other types of scar treatments, the data we’ve seen indicates that silicone patches are effective. But even their effectivity varies depending on the type and age of scar. What’s a gal to do??

Mederma doesn't work. It did nothing for my breast reductions scars, even though they were new. The women on my board have had success with steroid injections in the scars, emu oil, and vitamin E.

one of my girlfriend's used it on her breast reconstructin scars and it worked wonders! It was amazing. Id say mederma improved them by 70-80%. However, she is fair skinned so I dont know if that has something to do with it. It doesnt "remove' scars it just softens and blends them a bit better, or at least it appeared to on her

I had always heard Vitamin D and Aloe.....but guess everyone is different?

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Not surprised. Remember last year when I had surgery on my arm in multiple sites and I used/rated a number of products including Mederma? Best moisturizers for scars?
    I found it wasn't a good choice at all for me.

Last weekend I fell off my new exercise equipment and ended up face down in asphalt, scraped my chin and upper lip, ending up with a huge scab the size of a quarter under my nose and the same size on my chin. All week I've been rubbing in my facial miracle cream - Burts Bees Carrot Day Cream and today, just a mere 5 days later, both scabs are gone and new healty pinky skin is starting to regrow. I would recommend it to anyone, if you don't mind a skin cream that smells like play doh that is..

Burts Bees Carrot Day Cream

I've never heard/seen this, where did you buy it?

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Hit By Ban Bus!

I'm using natural healing products to help my acne skin and my milia problem under my eyes .I had experienced good results using their products cos of the visible improvement of my skin condition . They have good informative site. You can check it out here
    http://www.google.com.sg/search?q=na...en-US:official

Good Luck!

You can get Burts Bees at CVS and some Targets now.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Thread Information