Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The 3 Biggest Lies The Cosmetic Industry Has Sold You...

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    Vitamin A (Retinol) is also excellent for your skin..
    And I've done like you, downgraded what I'm using after years of using super expensive stuff like Estee Lauders Night Repair serum. Now I use Burts Bees Carrot Nightcream, which is like vaseline with carrots shoved it. It's super cheap and my skin is better than it's ever been. After having dermabrased my face accidentally this weekend by falling off my exercise vehicle onto the blacktop I've been just treating it with that nightcream and the skin is growing in very smooth now that the scabs have started falling off. Less is more I'm beginning to find out.

SVZ

It's best to not let your wounds dry and scab over if possible, ie keep them as moisturized as possible - this increases time available for healing (Scabs create proteins that begin ending the healing phase) and potentially less scarring. Counterintuitive since all my life I was told to let my wounds dry out

I use a pore cleansing mask on my t-zone, exfoliate good then use a good moisturizer with some vaseline lightly applied around my eyes and in dry spots and my skin looks great. I get compliments on my complexion. All the products I use are inexpensive. I've tried the more pricey products and didn't notice a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Hee hee, I had an auntie who always slathered Vaseline on her face and would then hug us...
    Me, too... And I do not want to Be that auntie

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post
    It's best to not let your wounds dry and scab over if possible, ie keep them as moisturized as possible - this increases time available for healing (Scabs create proteins that begin ending the healing phase) and potentially less scarring. Counterintuitive since all my life I was told to let my wounds dry out
    i can back that up. two years ago i had surgery and i have a 8 inch scar down my chest. i have big boobs, and the scar is hardly noticeable right in the area of between my boobs. on the top and bottom where it wasn't kept snuggly warm (and probably moist, ugh, cuz of boob sweat) it's alot more noticeable.

if i had realized that i would have slathered the whole thing in something to keep it well hydrated instead of letting it dry out.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

The Vasoline thing must be true because it was told to me today by the plastic surgeon that removed the skin tags off my eyelids. He told me to not let my eyelids get dry over the next week, to use - drum roll please - vasoline on them.

Yep, that's what they all say, the good ones anyway.

Vaseline will not cause zits because it doesn't clog pores. I put some one my face a while back because during the winter I get dry flaky skin around my mouth. Overnight, it magically healed. I've been using lotion but it doesn't not work hardly at all compared to the vaseline. The only problem is hair sticking to my face or getting it on my bed sheets/pillow case.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information