Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone recommend an eyeliner?

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default Can anyone recommend an eyeliner?

I want to try and line the bottom eye lid (like close to the inside of the eye lid, you know what I'm talking about?) for that smokey eye effect but the eyeliners (pencil) I've tried kinda melt off there after a short while.

Does anyone know a good brand? Looking for a long lasting, water proof (if there is such) eyeliner.

And also, do you prefer liquid to pencil?
    Last edited by moomies; November 5th, 2006 at 12:47 AM.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Mooms - no liquid inside the eye!

Seems like you want a Kohl look. I don't know where to get authentic Kohl, but I use MAC waterproof black pencil eyeliner. Sticky and it dries. Highly pigmented.

There are liquid eyeliners that I love but I only use it for the top of my eye......They have a felt tip like a thin marker, Lancome and Chanel. They are really for a night time or 60's look (that's the way it goes on me).

Edited: L'oreal makes a kohl pencil and a liquid felt tip liner. Much cheaper than Lancome and Chanel. I'm going to buy it to see.
    Last edited by Chalet; November 5th, 2006 at 01:58 AM.

I like Urban Decay eyeliner but you can't buy this cosmetic line any more in Canada. I love their grey liner -- it's looks like a very delicate blue on me and makes my eyes really pop.

I still have some bottles of Urban Decay nail polish Their cosmetics had pretty colours.

I'm gonna go to MAC and try their eyeliners then. Thanks Chalet.

For the upper lid, I think liquid does a nicer line but pencil is so much easier for me. I need more practice with the liquid liner.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I used to always use pencil but the Urban Decay brushes are so delicate, it's hard to screw up with them. MAC pencils are good, too. Never tried MAC liner yet.

A*O

MAC are pretty good for most things but as Chalet says you need to make a distinction between a pencil/liquid eyeliner that goes outside the lashes, upper and lower and what you want which is something inside your lower lashes which can only be achieved with a kohl pencil. I suggest you go to the Smelly Department of your local dept store and speak to some of the snooty cosmetic bitches there.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I like Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner, which I use on my upper lid. It really makes my eyes pop. The only problem with liquid eyeliner is that does require a steady and practiced hand. If I am in a hurry in the mornings, I just skip the Bobbi Brown, or use pencil. I am scared to use liner inside my bottom eyelids because I wear contacts, and don't want to get an eye infection.

Elite Member

I am an undereye liner addict. i only line the bottom of my eyes. I use Lancome waterproof. Plus, they have a brush at the end exactly for smudging liner/shadow to get smokey eye. it stays on all day. i used to wear liquid but pencil is sooo much easier and less messy

Oh that sounds good too, I'll need to check out Lancome as well!

sephora eyeliner pencil. go to sephora.com and check out their sephora line. they're cheap and i find them to be just as good - if not better - than pricier brands. and they come in every colour under the rainbow, lots of different greys in case you don't just want to go with black, but also browns, dark greens, dark purple.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by ediebrooks View Post
    I like Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner, which I use on my upper lid. It really makes my eyes pop. The only problem with liquid eyeliner is that does require a steady and practiced hand. If I am in a hurry in the mornings, I just skip the Bobbi Brown, or use pencil. I am scared to use liner inside my bottom eyelids because I wear contacts, and don't want to get an eye infection.
    Yes! I just posted about the Bobbi Brown eyeliners in the pot. I have two, purple and brown. Moomies, you should try it in the store to see if you like applying it with a brush. They'll show you how. It's a great product if you want something more than a pencil.

Yes, I really like it;it makes my eyes look huge. I use the Espresso shade. Chalet, how does the purple look? I never thought of using purple eyeliner, though I wear purple eyeshadow a lot.

^^^^
    purple liner or shadow is great with brown or hazel eyes.
    i have hazel eyes and dark purple and certain shades of grey are the best colours for my eyes.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hey ladies...so I went shopping for an eyeliner today. Went to both MAC and Lancome to try their eyeliners... I found that Lancome's liner was longer lasting. Then I got suckered at Lancome cuz the makeup artists were giving free makeovers and ended up buying $80 worth of stuff and it was only an eyeliner, lip liner and a lip gloss. I've never spent this much money on only 3 cosmetic items...

Those ladies at the cosmetic counter can be very persuasive. They can make you think you can't survive if you don't buy their products. But it's ok to splurge every so often. Besides, every chick needs a good eyeliner.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information