Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My hair is turning white and I'm only 27

Default My hair is turning white and I'm only 27

Has anyone ever experienced not just a few grey hairs, but a lot? And when your still in your 20's? I think it genetic, but it's freakin me out because I've never seen anyone this young with this much. I've looked at Kendra Wilkinson's hair and am pretty sure when it changes totally it will look more like hers, but isn't her hair bleaced some though? I'm not bleaching mine, this is natural...
    www.Celebopedia.com/kendra-wilkinson/images/kendra-wilkinson.jpg

It wants to turn a plantinum white, but I still feel that I'm much too young looking for that.
    Obviously I look nothing like her, but don't you think that I'm too young for this?
    http://www.techno-imaging.com/gal03m...JamieN603.html
    Last edited by JamieElizabeth; October 24th, 2006 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamieElizabeth View Post
    Has anyone ever experienced not just a few grey hairs, but a lot? And when your still in your 20's? I think it genetic, but it's freakin me out because I've never seen anyone this young with this much. I've looked at Kendra Wilkinson's hair and am pretty sure when it changes totally it will look more like hers, but isn't her hair bleaced some though? I'm not bleaching mine, this is natural...

It wants to turn a plantinum white, but I still feel that I'm much too young looking for that.
    I have a cousin who's 17 years older than me, with gorgeous thick, dark brown hair. When I was 20 and she 37 she totally floored my by telling me she'd gone completely WHITE within one year when she was only 21! She had great dye jobs, though, because it looked totally natural. Had she not spilled the beans on herself, I would never have guessed.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

^ Really... you're kidding me? I wish you had a photo!

I am 36, but started going gray in my early 20's. Was able to keep it under control w/o dye for a few years, but not since I was about your age or so. I am now about 50% gray, and it's completely disturbing but at least there is something I can do about it. According to numerous hair dressers I have spoken to (since I get to know them so well, I'm there every 6 wks) have said it is genetic and there is basically nothing you can do.....sigh.
    Its not as uncommon as you might think, most women hide it well......

Sorry!!

i started looking for whites in the mirror a couple of years ago and i'm only 28. so far nothing but both my parents started going white in their late 20s so i'm kind of expecting it to happen any minute. it's genetic and except for finding a good colourist there's nothing you can do.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

A*O

There are women out there who spend a FORTUNE on having platinum blonde hair which is very high maintenance (dark roots, ugh) and ruins the hair anyway. I'd work it - go and get a great cut and become a goddess.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

My mother in law turned gray in her 20's. I didn't know her back then, but I've seen pictures, and they're not flattering. During all those salt & pepper years, she looked like her husband's mother in family portraits. Her hair is gorgeous now, a brilliant white, and she has it in a flattering style, but I really think she should have dyed it during those transitional years.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

My Mother-In-Law has WHITE hair - not gray, but WHITE and told me that she had been completely white since she was 21 - she's now 53.

She is a very attractive, youth looking woman and keeps her hair short but fashionable. I think she looks fantastic with that colour. In fact, it really suits her and I couldn't imagine her looking any better with any other colour.

^ Really... you're kidding me? I wish you had a photo!
    I have plenty of photos of her, but all with dark (and as it turned out later: dyed) hair. Only her childhood/teen photos have her natural hair (before I was born until my toddler years). Everything after that is dyed, but you'd never have known. I didn't.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    My Mother-In-Law has WHITE hair - not gray, but WHITE and told me that she had been completely white since she was 21 - she's now 53.

She is a very attractive, youth looking woman and keeps her hair short but fashionable. I think she looks fantastic with that colour. In fact, it really suits her and I couldn't imagine her looking any better with any other colour.
    That's interesting. I'm a short/petite person, 5'3 and look and act young. So, I have been scared if it's all over the hill now or what! And yea- it's white, not grey. Aging or genetics, I still have no idea...

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

my mom's 54 and still no grays; but she's a natural blonde so maybe thats why; she told me that she would kill for grey hair though b/c its thicker and her hair is so thin and frail that it barely grows past her shoulders.

That's interesting. I'm a short/petite person, 5'3 and look and act young. So, I have been scared if it's all over the hill now or what! And yea- it's white, not grey. Aging or genetics, I still have no idea...
    If it were me, I'd just let it go white. Knowing how great the MIL looks with white hair, I'd have no problem with white

What does MIL stand for? Oh, Kendra? Yea, her hair is fab. I wonder if hers is close to white naturally too. Not sure, but complexion wise, it's possible.
    Last edited by JamieElizabeth; October 24th, 2006 at 06:07 PM.

What does MIL stand for? Oh, Kendra? Yea, her hair is fab. I wonder if hers is close to white naturally too. Not sure, but complexion wise, it's possible.
    Sorry MIL is a Mother In Law.

Although, Kendra's hair looks pretty, too.

I think as long as its not coming out that course, wirey white hair - it's ok

^Oh, yea? Not sure yet IcePik. Thanks for the point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information