Thread: The Dry, The Spots and the Flakey

Eli

Default The Dry, The Spots and the Flakey

That was a pathetic attempt at a Y&R sort of title. yawn!

Anywa, my skin is constantly dry and sometimes even flakey. Funny because I moisturise it all the time. It's just so unclean half the time, even though i clean it regularly!
    and i remember it all started a week before christmas 2004 when we got our first REAL christmas tree (aka: pine tree) and I discovered i was allergic to it. i got a rash on my side and also around the eyes- something which i still haven't recovered from. so now quite often even though the pine tree and its remains are LONG gone, i still get an itchy face. i reckon this is partly to blame for my dry, spotty and flakey skin. anyone know how to help?
    P.S: Feel free to say "eeeeeewwwwww!' at any time.

Age, do you exfoliate? My skin got ICHIER when I started exfoliating regularly...

Lil

You are wasting your money moisturising flaky skin though - all you are doing is sticking the flakes back on temporarily. I am a big fan of oil based cleansers that you remove with a damp muslin cloth, which exfoliates without using any harsh chemicals or scratchy ingredients that can irritate your skin. Not sure where you live but the Eve Lom cleanser is the absolute best, but Liz Earle is also good, and whilst it sounds odd to put oil on spotty skin, they don't make your skin oily at all.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

how about seeing a dermatologist if you think it's got something to do with the Xmas tree allergy. Could be eczema or something.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Or you could have Psorisis (sp?). Hydrocortizone cream will clear that up.

Eli

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    how about seeing a dermatologist if you think it's got something to do with the Xmas tree allergy. Could be eczema or something.
    Oh yes I should have mentioned, the allergies gave me eczema around the eyes. Disgusting! Luckily I have a special cream for it- it is a LIFE-SAVER. I remember I ran out once and I had to wait for my mum to come home from work after she bought one at lunch, and I felt like a drug addict going cold turkey. It was unbearable! I just sat on the couch tapping my fingers on the side, waiting. And I seriously looked like one of those mental desert lizards that squirt blood from their eyes, because all around my eye-sockets was this slight redness. Freaky! I looked like a mutant from X-men.

I also have giant pores!

Bronze Member

I think you need something more than what you use in your skin. My mother was having the same problem and I see her using GOLD 24 HAND & BODY MOISTURISING LOTION - Extra Dry Skin. She uses it all the year and now I find her skin to be quite soft and well nourished. You can even try this cream, as because it is absolutely free from chemicals and so you would not face any side effects.

I have eczema and sometimes I have to take tetracyclene antibiotics. If my skin gets to inflamed it gets infected and no amount of moisterizer will fix it.
    Come on you guys, enough already. Let's ALL go and fuck ourselves for a few minutes and return to the thread refreshed and relaxed. Gossip Rocks poster A*O

Thread Information