Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: ANYONE HAD PHOTO REJUVENATION or facial lasers

jen
    Bronze Member

Default ANYONE HAD PHOTO REJUVENATION or facial lasers

Whats it like?? Did it hurt?? Happy with results?? did it even out your skin tone... did you look any younger??
    I really like the sound of it... but it seems a little too good to believe .Any info.. would be awesome

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Whats it like?? Did it hurt?? Happy with results?? did it even out your skin tone... did you look any younger??
    I really like the sound of it... but it seems a little too good to believe .Any info.. would be awesome
    Had it. Usually you see long lasting results after 3 or so treatments. I have 3 a year, average. They are not painful or painful depending on how "strong" the treatment is (the IPL machines have different settings). To simplify things, you see results faster from "stronger" treatments, but it also hurts more (think of someone snapping you with a rubberband) or then, think of just a pinch (not really painful) when the setting is "low", but then you need more treatments to see the same results.
    I noticed results about after 3 treatments. I love IPL. It is not magic, it has not made me perfect or anything, but it has "solved" stuff I didn't even expect it to solve. It got rid of my undereye bags/circles. For some reason, it has worked at strenghtening the area below my eyes, improving circulation or the Lord knows what, but the fact is that I no longer get bags and do not longer have to hide undereye circles. Yeah! It got rid of a few small spots that only I could notice (redness), but still... good thing! I'd say it "erased" at 70% the wrinkles between my eyebrows and has improved my skin firmness. Nothing that someone has ever "noticed" dramatically ,but something that *I* notice and that makes me look now better than I looked (in terms of skin shape) 5 years before. So... it was worth it. It's not like it made me look different but it is as if he fixed some small problems in my skin and also has seemed to "stop" the skin ageing... I see old pics from 5 years ago and I look the same or better skin-wise. Its good effects are not particularly noticeable to others, but yes to me... and what is noticeable to others (and to me) is that "you haven't changed a bit". I also get all happy I went through with those treatments when I look at other women my age... I've noticed they have "changed" a lot in these past 5 years, and I haven't... they say that themselves. The only thing that can explain it (other than sunscreen and not smoking) are the IPL treatments. So.. as you can tell... I love them. They hurt a bit, but are worth it.

jen
    Bronze Member

Wow thanks a lot for your imput i apprecite it. I was hoping it strengthened the skin and its great how your under eye circles have gone. I was also wondering...like it doesnt make your skin go transparent does it? I have noticed when ive booked for appointments in beauty salons that the older woman that work there, say like 40 have been dabbling in some creams or lasers. I dont know exactly what they been doin, but they all seem to have that grayish super shiney transparent skin and i worry if i tried it out my skin will end up doing that as well.And after wards could you go back to work?? did you scab or anything hehe?

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Wow thanks a lot for your imput i apprecite it. I was hoping it strengthened the skin and its great how your under eye circles have gone. I was also wondering...like it doesnt make your skin go transparent does it? I have noticed when ive booked for appointments in beauty salons that the older woman that work there, say like 40 have been dabbling in some creams or lasers. I dont know exactly what they been doin, but they all seem to have that grayish super shiney transparent skin and i worry if i tried it out my skin will end up doing that as well.And after wards could you go back to work?? did you scab or anything hehe?
    Hi Jen!
    Actually, it is not that the skin goes transparent. It is more like the skin loses the "brown" spots and gradually reverses a big part of the sun damage you've had. So if your skin was really white to begin with, you'll start going back to your pre-tanning skin. To your baby skin tone, that is. The one you had before sun damage and tanning too place.
    Besides, once you get IPL, just to keep the good results and all that, people start using more sunblock (or else you feel like you are making up for what you've done wrong but then engaging in the same thing that first harmed your skin so much), all that makes your skin "whiten". But it is not like it whitens, it just loses that "base tan" that we all end up with after years and years and years of tanning (even indirectly). My skin was super white and now is more white, but not in a fake way. I now have the white I had when I was a kid. Get it?
    It IS possible that your skin might get grayish or whatever IF your natural skin was already of that "hue", so to speak. Some people have yellowish skin, others olive, others white-rosey skin, others white-transparent, others white-greyish. Look at your skin in the butt or wherever the sun never ever tanned you. Likely, you'll go back to that hue.
    In any case, I personally believe a nice healthy looking is skin matters more than the hue it has, because it is nicer to have a healthy nice skin and just "correct" a bit the hue with some slightly tinted moisturizer.
    Yes, it helps at toning the skin, yes. Although, as I said, it takes many treatments to see real results.
    No, it does not imply ANY sort of downback time. Mind you, I get those in the morning BEFORE going to work, and I mean... I have them, go to the bathroom of the clinic, put on makeup there (yes, you can) and go to work and nobody (not even me) can tell. When the treatment is a bit more aggressive, you might get a little redness, but nothing alarming and nothing that a soothing aloe cream, gel, sunblock and moisturizer with sunblock can not take care of. You can always use foundation, concealer, tinted moisturizer right after, so if you had any redness, you could conceal it and resume your activities as usual. No remaining pain or discomfort or inflammation neither. Personally, it actually gives me a little "glow" that makes me look nicer on that day than later on!

How much does each treatment cost? This sounds great, but I'm kinda poor

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
    these treatments are expensive where i live - i believe around $1200 per session and you'll need 3-4 depending upon your skin.
    It is true that in most places it is a very expensive treatment, and if you add to that the fact that you need about 4 (or more) to see good results, then...

I have been able to have them done because I live in another country where it is a bit less expensive even at full price, and o top of it I work in the medical field... this doc who performs it on me is someone that makes me pay a lot less than other people for it.
    If I had to pay full price, then... I guess I would not have it done or just once .

Good luck!

i'm going to go with English is not your first language, is it?
    robertmarilyn and Brookie like this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Necro'ing a thread from 10 years ago? This has got to be some kind of record.

Fucking spammers.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I reported this one yesterday. Mods!
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I thought it was supposed to be vaginal rejuvenation and the mods changed it to photo.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

^When I go back and read the OP and the replies with that in mind, I wonder how they got sun-damage on their vagina? And brown spots? Plus I think if someone tried to flick rubber bands at my snatch I'd have to punch them in the face, which wouldn't be good for getting rid of under-eye circles.
    sprynkles and Brookie like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Why are you flicking rubber bands at your vagina? Aren't you supposed to be steaming it with Asian herbs and spices?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

What the heck is going on here?
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information