Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 166

Thread: Gag-worthy perfumes/colognes

  1. #1
    Elite Member Laurent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Out There
    Posts
    38,186

    Default Gag-worthy perfumes/colognes

    What perfumes or colognes do you think are the worst of all time?

    The worst colognes to me are Ralph Lauren Polo and Calvin Klein Obsession. Both make me want to vomit.

    Worst perfume to me is probably some of the vile ones from the 1980s like Exclamation (anyone remember that nastiness?) or one of Elizabeth Taylor's. I love Liz, but Passions was horrible.

  2. #2
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The First Presleytarian Church Of Elvis The Divine
    Posts
    253

    Default

    Giorgio and Sunflowers are both putrid.....
    How You Durrin ?

  3. #3
    Elite Member Icepik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    What perfumes or colognes do you think are the worst of all time?

    The worst colognes to me are Ralph Lauren Polo and Calvin Klein Obsession. Both make me want to vomit.

    Worst perfume to me is probably some of the vile ones from the 1980s like Exclamation (anyone remember that nastiness?) or one of Elizabeth Taylor's. I love Liz, but Passions was horrible.
    LOL...Ralph Lauren "Polo"...woooo that reminds me of the 80's. I despise that smell because all the teenage guys would bathe in it and smell up the halls with it. You could actually see the fumes wafting off the guys wearing it. Gack!!

    You're on the money with "Exclamation"

    I gag when I smell "Chantilly Lace", too

  4. #4
    Elite Member darksithbunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,129

    Default

    Giorgio makes me so very ill. So does White Shoulders.

    My daughter absolutely kills me with True Star.

  5. #5
    Hit By Ban Bus! pacific breeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    in the wild blue yonder
    Posts
    15,479

    Default

    Anything overpowerlying sweet, which includes most perfumes and colognes. I like Chanel #19, but Chance smells like insecticide to me.

    Most people wear too much scent, especially perfume. It's meant to be elusive, not in your face.

    Anything too sweet or too floral, which means most fragrances.

    Chance by Chanel smells like rancid insecticide to me. Most people wear far too much perfume -- it's meant to be elusive, not overpowering.

  6. #6
    Elite Member KandyKorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    cubicle hell
    Posts
    2,526

    Default

    Obsession for men I remember when it seemed like every guy was wearing that crap.
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

  7. #7
    Elite Member moomies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough
    Posts
    15,515

    Default

    I don't like anything too musky and ones that smell like hippie insence i.e. Patchouli.

    If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

  8. #8
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    51,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    Anything too sweet or too floral, which means most fragrances.

    Chance by Chanel smells like rancid insecticide to me. Most people wear far too much perfume -- it's meant to be elusive, not overpowering.
    same here.
    why do so many women like sickly sweet perfumes that smell like they're wearing a bakery? anything with vanilla or fruity makes me hurt right between the eyebrows.
    some of my most hated, and unfortunately very popular:
    thierry mugler - angel
    dior addict
    gucci - rush
    burberry brit
    escada - ibiza hippie
    lancôme - trésor
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  9. #9
    Elite Member Laurent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Out There
    Posts
    38,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    Giorgio makes me so very ill.
    I think it was Giorgio that was banned in restaurants in the 1980s because it was so freakin' overpowering.

  10. #10
    Elite Member dakodas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    same here.
    why do so many women like sickly sweet perfumes that smell like they're wearing a bakery? anything with vanilla or fruity makes me hurt right between the eyebrows.
    some of my most hated, and unfortunately very popular:
    thierry mugler - angel
    dior addict
    gucci - rush
    burberry brit
    escada - ibiza hippie
    lancôme - trésor
    I have worn both Dior Addict (gave the last bit away) and Brit Red LE. I do not agree that scent is always meant to elusive. It depends on the formulation, wearer and occassion. If you have to sniff like a hound to smell it, you ain't wearing enough...

  11. #11
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    Anybody remember 'Brüt' ?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  12. #12
    Elite Member dakodas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Anybody remember 'Brüt' ?
    How about "High Karate"???

  13. #13
    Elite Member Icepik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,533

    Default

    Drakkar Noir -

  14. #14
    Zee
    Zee is offline
    Elite Member Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Camping with Einstein
    Posts
    5,465

    Default

    Anything by Elizabeth Talylor- White Diamonds, Passion, etc
    Estee Lauder Beautiful. Smells great initally but oxidizes to some rancid odor. Most of the lauder scents seem to do this as well.
    Jean Nate
    Polo
    The Demeter fragrances. Why anyone would want to smell like playdough, tomato, bubble gum or curry is totally a loss for me.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

  15. #15
    Hit By Ban Bus! pacific breeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    in the wild blue yonder
    Posts
    15,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dakodas View Post
    I have worn both Dior Addict (gave the last bit away) and Brit Red LE. I do not agree that scent is always meant to elusive. It depends on the formulation, wearer and occassion. If you have to sniff like a hound to smell it, you ain't wearing enough...
    Perfume should complement you, not overwhelm you and others. I don't mind Dior Addict in SMALL doses, but most people's fragrance precedes them into a room and lingers long after they've gone. Ugh. A faint reminder is one thing; overpowering scent is something else again.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What perfumes do you use?
    By sputnik in forum Beauty and Skincare
    Replies: 334
    Last Post: August 24th, 2012, 02:05 PM
  2. Replies: 24
    Last Post: December 20th, 2006, 02:49 PM
  3. Celebrity Perfumes Reviewed
    By NoDayButToday in forum Beauty and Skincare
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: November 7th, 2005, 01:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •