Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP!! Serious skin problem!!

Default HELP!! Serious skin problem!!

Ok, I am SERIOUSLY breaking out. I am at the end of my rope and don't know what to do. I'm 33 and feel like I'm in puberty again, and my face wasn't this bad when I was in puberty!! I went in for an emergency facial on Saturday and it didn't help. If anyone has any advice, I'm ready for it. I'm about ready to go buy Proactiv. Specifics are below:

-My skin is dry opposed to greasy.
    -Main problem is forehead, you could play connect the dots. Chin is also having flare-ups, and the right side of my cheek, which has never had a pimple, EVER!
    -Occurring for 4-6 weeks.
    -Not pregnant, the monthly bill just ended.
    -Use Mary Kay moisturizer, oil free. I eased up on the moisturizer because I thought I was using too much and clogging my face, but that was over a month ago, and it did not help.

I have to do something fast, or I'm going to have to get a new haircut with bangs!!

I'm a big believer in dermatologists, mine is a lifesaver.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I'm a big believer in dermatologists, mine is a lifesaver.
    Ditto. Only a derm can sort this one out. Adult acne is a bitch. I had maybe four pimples my entire adolesence, then I hit my 30's and things went haywire. According to my derm, it's quite common in women. He saved my life and now I'm pretty much back to normal with very little residual problems....except for the whopping big zit right between my eyes that appeared during the night while I was blissfully asleep.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

See a derm and get a cream-based form of Retin-A (tretinoic acid). I never broke out as a kid (minus the occasional hormonal flare up) but when I hit 40 last year my face went crazy. For me, it was my cheeks that broke out. Retin-A quickly cleared it up and my skin has never looked better. As a bonus, it gets rid of fine wrinkles and mild sun damage too!
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Could it be something hormonal? Or something in the diet or the environment...

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Yeah, I've been eating healthy and exercising. I've lost 5 lbs this month.

Maybe I'll just be fatter and eat whatever I want with clear skin!!

Smear a chicken drumstick on your face!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Sounds hormonal to me too. I agree w/the previous posters and see a Derm if possible, they're the ones that can give you the good stuff.

A*O

If you are on a health kick it COULD be toxins working themselves out of your system or maybe even a weird allergy. I once had a similar breakout on my forehead, all along the hairline, and it was some kind of bacterial thing which antibiotics cleared up. Go and see your doc or a dermatologist. I'm sure it's nothing serious, but if it's making you unhappy you need to consult an expert.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Bronze Member

If the air in your house/office etc. is not fresh, then that could affect your skin. Stress is also horrible on skin! I would recommend seeing a dermatologist. I had problems when I was younger, and I tried so many different remedies, but it only cleared up after I started seeing a dermatologist.

Update. Forehead clearing up, now everything has moved to my temples, where I have never had a zit in my life!!

How much to dermatologists cost? We have insurance, but I'm quite sure it wouldn't be covered.

Here's the conversation I had yesterday with my 7 year old son, Jake.

Jake: "Oh my God, Mom! What is that on your nose?"
    Me: "It's a zit."
    Jake: "A zit?"
    Me: "Yeah."
    Jake: "I thought only teenagers got zits?"
    Me(Deadpan): "Yeah, that's funny."

How bad it is when your 7 year old is noticing your complexion?

KD
    Elite Member

I would think a derm would be covered, although Retin A may not be. Most insurance only cover Retin A up intil 30 or in a few cases to 35 as it is said to help with wrinkles, so after a certain age they think people would buy it for purely cosmetic purposes.

Silver Member Green-eyed-hottie's Avatar

Try Proactiv... I use it and my skin is better than ever before!
    But maybe u should see your doc first... just to make sure everything is OK
    "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way"

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Ok, I am SERIOUSLY breaking out. I am at the end of my rope and don't know what to do. I'm 33 and feel like I'm in puberty again, and my face wasn't this bad when I was in puberty!! I went in for an emergency facial on Saturday and it didn't help. If anyone has any advice, I'm ready for it. I'm about ready to go buy Proactiv. Specifics are below:

-My skin is dry opposed to greasy.
    -Main problem is forehead, you could play connect the dots. Chin is also having flare-ups, and the right side of my cheek, which has never had a pimple, EVER!
    -Occurring for 4-6 weeks.
    -Not pregnant, the monthly bill just ended.
    -Use Mary Kay moisturizer, oil free. I eased up on the moisturizer because I thought I was using too much and clogging my face, but that was over a month ago, and it did not help.

I have to do something fast, or I'm going to have to get a new haircut with bangs!!
    Ok, here is my take:
    _stress, hormonal changes or even a new diet can provoke this outbreaks.
    -go to the doc, see if you can see a dermatologist but don't worry that much, it could be toxins getting out of your body if you are on a new diet and/or do loads of workouts lately.
    - stop using moisturizer!they have-many- too many bad chemicals and they DO clog pores.Use royal jelly,petrolleum jelly, wash your face with camomille infusion, apply some fast dry stuff on a growing zit and try be more relaxed.
    Hope it helps. If outbreak continues, it's definitely hormonal/stress related.Then go to the doc.
    ----------------------

Respect is given when respect is deserved.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Not all moisturizers are comedogenic. Choose one that says on non-comedogenic on the label (meaning it won't clog pores) and that is for acne prone skin.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information