Thread: Beauty and Fashion Magazines

Elite Member

Default Beauty and Fashion Magazines

I am clueless as to which ones are the best. I want to suscribe to two or three...which ones do you like? I flip through Vogue at the store and it's nothing but pictures, not any REAL articles. Is it worth getting?

Vogue
    Elle
    InStyle
    Bazaar
    Glamour
    Marie Claire

...are any of these any good? I want real fashion and makeup tips...not so much celebrity gossip...although that woudn't be too bad either I guess...look where I'm at...lol

Zee

Pick up a couple at the book store and flip through to get a better idea of what magazine it is you like.

I subscribe to InStyle, Allure, and Self. Allure is basically about beauty products and looks. InStyle throws in a little bit of the celeb connection to the mix.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Marie Claire is more of an all-around women's magazine. It's in a far different realm from Cosmo though - it actually has articles on women making a difference in the world, political and social causes, etc. Glamour is similar - I actually like both of them because they feature huge galleries of near-thumbnail pics of hairstyles, fashion, etc. Big pics are always good, but thousands of small ones are good too.

My brother gave me a subscription to Flare, which a Canadian fashion magazine, and I do like it. Vogue and Elle I'll pick up once in a while, but I do tire of them. If you do read the articles, expect to hear a lot on the yachting adventures of socialites with daughters named Alexia and Anastasia. *yawn*
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Allure is very much a make-up/hair/nails mag.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I really like Allure because it does a lot of beaty product reviews, etc. It seems more full of info, and maybe a few less advertisements than some of the others.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Gold Member

If you love clothes, Lucky is pretty good.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

Elite Member

^I bought 'Lucky' and I loooooved it! I'm definitely going to subscribe to it! Thank you!

Marie Claire--I love it. I especially love their focus on women's issues around the world.
    Cosmopolitan
    Glamour--probably my favorite
    Vanity Fair--not really a woman's magazine per se, but still readable & interesting
    Jane
    A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world. Everyone you meet is your mirror. -Ken Keyes Jr.

I read Instyle - It has stuff about cloths , skin care , makeup and entertaining
    Allure - lots of advice onhair make up cloths and what new
    Lucky- The best shopping magazine , gives you lots of ideas for outfits
    These three are good if you just want advice about fashion and entertaining
    if you want more stuff about life style , Vouge is the best for all around artciles

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    I am clueless as to which ones are the best. I want to suscribe to two or three...which ones do you like? I flip through Vogue at the store and it's nothing but pictures, not any REAL articles. Is it worth getting?

Vogue
    Elle
    InStyle
    Bazaar
    Glamour
    Marie Claire

...are any of these any good? I want real fashion and makeup tips...not so much celebrity gossip...although that woudn't be too bad either I guess...look where I'm at...lol
    That's not really true about Vogue....while they are packed with pictures they have some rather "serious" pieces on fashion and the arts, especially compared to the fluff relationship/sex articles most other "fashion" mags have. For the most up to date makeup and fashion trends I would read W. For "how to" and interpretation of what is already in the stores read InStyle (kisses too much celeb butt for me) and Marie Claire.

Thread Information