Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: What blow dryer do you have?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default What blow dryer do you have?

My blow dryer broke down a month ago. I thought I'd be fine without it at first, but I have long hair and it is not an option. I found this blow dryer quite attractive, but it's also quite expensive.

Do you have one like this? Does it really worth buying? Recommendations?
    Last edited by twitchy2.0; August 2nd, 2018 at 10:26 AM.

i don't know if this is spam but that's a good hairdryer. I gave that one (or a similar model) to my mother for christmas a couple of years ago and she adores it. it's super powerful and also very lightweight. she has wrist/tendon issues and her hair dryer was heavy and was giving her issues, this one is super light and doesn't bother her.

but even lighter and more powerful, and also way more fucking expensive, is the dyson supersonic hair dryer. their vacuums are overrated but godamn that dryer is good. a friend of mine has it and my hair guy switched to these at his salon too and they are insane.

Waterslide likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

My dream is to own one of those dyson hairdryers. OMG. My hair would be dry in a split second.

In the meantime, since my hair is thin and fine and dries super fast on its own, I have a Revlon one that works alright for my purposes...My nicer Hot Tools one broke so I bought a cheap one in a pinch and that's what I've been using ever since.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

^^^
    they really are amazing. i stay with my friend who has a dyson sometimes when i go to new york, and my hair dries in a few minutes. it took some getting used to the first time because it's got a different shape and not much of a muzzle but once you get the hang of it it's a dream.

mine's a babyliss also but not one of the super lightweight ones like the one in the OP or the one i gave my mom. it's really powerful though so it dries my hair really fast at a lower temperature without damaging it, which is great. however it's heavy as fuck. i'll keep it until it dies and then i definitely want something lighter. maybe the dysons will be a little cheaper then?
    Waterslide likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Yeah, I have had that Dyson on my QVC wish list for a LONG time. I can not justify spending $400 on a hair dryer. But I really really want it. I don't ever spend more than 5 minutes with my current $35 Conair dryer. If I had long thick heavy hair this might be a necessity.
    Waterslide and holly like this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

my hair dries pretty fast but i have to do it almost every day and i fucking hate blow drying my hair so the dyson would at least make that a very short torture session. but yeah, i can't bring myself to spend 400$ on a hair dryer either.
    Waterslide likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

My hair dryer is blue and it was free. I'm afraid that's the best I can tell you about it! I only ever really bother with using it in winter or if I'm going somewhere and want to be smoother and let my hair dry naturally the rest of the time. I keep thinking about maybe getting one of those Argan Oil dryers but I don't know whether I'd use it enough to justify the expense.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I'm very intrigued now. Off to see what is an Argon oil dryer.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

I have the black ElChim one. Most powerful one I've owned, and I got it after I saw that both my stylist used it and I think Witchcurlgirl here recommended it.

I have a lot of hair and it's long so I need power. It's not super light nor super heavy, it doesn't give me wrist problems.
    witchcurlgirl likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i don't know if this is spam but that's a good hairdryer. I gave that one (or a similar model) to my mother for christmas a couple of years ago and she adores it. it's super powerful and also very lightweight. she has wrist/tendon issues and her hair dryer was heavy and was giving her issues, this one is super light and doesn't bother her.

but even lighter and more powerful, and also way more fucking expensive, is the dyson supersonic hair dryer. their vacuums are overrated but godamn that dryer is good. a friend of mine has it and my hair guy switched to these at his salon too and they are insane.

It's my dream to have one of those. But now, I have to choose the best price/quality ratio for me, cause I have a limited budget, and Babyliss it's maximum what I can afford. But thank you for your reply!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I have the black ElChim one. Most powerful one I've owned, and I got it after I saw that both my stylist used it and I think Witchcurlgirl here recommended it.

I have a lot of hair and it's long so I need power. It's not super light nor super heavy, it doesn't give me wrist problems.
    Thank you, I'll check it.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    my hair dries pretty fast but i have to do it almost every day and i fucking hate blow drying my hair so the dyson would at least make that a very short torture session. but yeah, i can't bring myself to spend 400$ on a hair dryer either.
    Same! Maybe later because now I can't afford it.

I have a Babyliss, but it's not the one shown in the OP. I also have an old Revlon Tourmaline Ionic, & I like the Revlon one so much better! It's so much lighter & I think my hair was less frizzy when I used it. I had bought a Babyliss Flat Iron & the hairdryer came with it (it was a promo deal). Unfortunately, I wasn't impressed with that either & later ended up buying an FHI Flat Iron that I adore.

Now that I'm posting this, I'm not sure why I'm still using the Babyliss! I need to go put it in my guest bathroom & bring the Revlon back to my bathroom!

That Dyson...I'll never spend $400 on a hairdryer! Sorry! I love my Dyson vacuum though (got it on sale, plus an additional 20% off at BB&B when my old vacuum died last year - I got it for $200)

Sput, thanks. Want to try that one. I have long hair and it is thick so use a Drybar Ionic one now. It's cut down the time needed from my old Sunbeam, but can't really tell a difference that was purported other than the time. Plus, it is so freaking heavy.
    sputnik likes this.

speaking of dysons, i was in ny for thanksgiving and went to my hair guy and he has a new dyson toy, the airwrap. in 30 seconds he gave me the most natural looking, awesome waves and lasting volume. i want one now but it's even more expensive than the stupid dryer.

https://www.dyson.com/hair-care/dyso...-overview.html
    InigoMontoya and KrisNine like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information