Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Seeking lip product

Silver Member

Default Seeking lip product

About 30-40 years ago, there was a product on the cosmetic market (not high end; something like Maybelline or Revlon that you could buy in a drug store) for lip conditioning. It was double-ended. One one end was a sponge wand that applied something waxy to your lips. When it dried, you could roll/rub it off, and it removed all the dead skin. On the other end was a sponge wand that applied a conditioning gloss.

Does anyone remember this? If so, do you know if there's a comparable product on the market today? It worked better than anything I've ever used for dry flaky lips.

Doesn't ring a bell with me but I bet someone here knows.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Bronze Member

The best lip balm ever is Purol from the Netherlands. You have to order it on line.

I do not remember that product, but Tarte used to have (still has?) a sugar scrub that would exfoliate your lips. You slather it on and then wait a few minutes and rub it off with a Kleenex. I think I got it for free with a purchase...

Avon makes pretty nice lip conditioner in the same vein as Chanel's lip conditioner, but it doesn't exfoliate. I stopped using both of those and just use Rosebud salve when I have it or now Burt's Bees grapefruit lip balm (the only one of their products I will use...their lip glosses and tinted balms do not work on my lips for some reason).

I would be interested in the product you're describing though.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Clinique makes one in a pot style. Nice colors - one side scrubs, the other side is gloss.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Silver Member

Thanks for your responses. The Clinique one sounds good.

That doesn't ring a bell. Lip scrubs and masks are reallllly popular right now so it would be really hard to find something that long ago. The good news is there are tons of high end all the way to drugstore stuff that works well on the market now.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

I googled this yesterday because I was curious. I couldn't find anything like it, but I did find out that you can still buy those little tins that slide open that had lip gloss in watermelon (my favorite), strawberry, root beer, etc. I was so excited. I thought they stopped manufacturing those eons ago.

"AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Oh my gosh I remember that stuff. I used to get the vanilla. Wow, thanks for the flashback.
    Waterslide and Daphodil like this.

^ They all smelled so good! I also liked the bubble gum and cotton candy and all those sickeningly sweet 80s girly scents. I'm considering buying one or two if only to smell them. lol But they probably work, I'm sure they're mostly made of vaseline anyway. They've caved in to the 21st century pressure though, because the site offers one in pumpkin spice. I think I can do without that one.
    Brookie and sprynkles like this.

I used to have a few of those as well when I was a little girl. For me, I can't deal with lip products that I have to dig my paws in to. It has to be in a tube or lip gloss like. Not only is it gross (to OCD me) to put unclean hands into something you're going to put on your MOUTH, but after you use it, you're constantly looking for somewhere to wipe your fingertip off of the excess product. #FirstWorldProblems
    Waterslide likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

I just threw out one of those little tins the other day. I found it down the back of a drawer. I don't know how many years it was back there.
    Waterslide likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

If you're just looking for a great lip balm, I can't recommend Shea Moisture enough. It's in a tube, comes in several variations, is thick, stays on, isn't goopy or sticky, and has no flavor or scent. It just works. Found it at Ulta - also bought several more tubes on eBay.
    Nevan likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

And then a flashback of a sweet-smelling, somewhat gritty lip gloss popped into my head. I think it was this. I can still smell it.

https://www.tintecosmetics.com/bubbl...kissing-potion

Yup. I saw that one too when I was at that site. I considered buying some of the balm but I'm like Nevan. I don't want to dip my paws into stuff anymore. I used to love that Kissing Potion.
    Waterslide and Nevan like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information