Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Foundation or Powder that Minimises Fine Lines

Default Foundation or Powder that Minimises Fine Lines

I'll be 42 soon and the fine lines under my eyes are starting to show when I wear foundation and powder. I'm trying to lighten the usage around my eyes but it still seems to emphasise them. I'd love to wear no makeup because you can't see the lines without, but I abused my skin in my youth (acne and too much makeup to try and hide it) so I have red, blotchy skin.

Any suggestions on the best foundation and/or powder I can use to help minimise the lines? Or anything else such as eye creams that can help reduce them or fill in the crevices?
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

What type of skin do you have ? Dry , Combo or Oily ? and price range ?

I have combination skin. And really any price range, I think I'm at that age I deserve a bit of luxury where my skin is concerned. Have to make up for those early years of battering. If only I could go back and reeducate my teenage self *sigh* Piling on layers of makeup to hide acne, and sometimes sleeping in it (only on sleep overs because I was so ashamed of my acne I didn't want anyone seeing my skin). Of course, in retrospect piling on the makeup hid nothing.

I use mostly L'Oreal skin products, and have just tried the Avene eye cream for reducing fine lines, but I'm thinking maybe my makeup is the real issue. I've been using the Maybelene BB cream as that seemed to give the best coverage for the red patches, and L'Oreal Infallible foundation. I've been using various translucent powders, pretty much what's been on sale.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

Waiting to see what answer you get because I have been having the same problem for years. I end up doing half of my face and staying very, very light around my eyes. I use oil of olay around my eyes or Clinique moisture surge if I have any and then dust a little Clinique sheer pressed powder. Clinique has a fine lines serum so maybe that might be worth checking out.
    Serendipity and Bluebonnet like this.

I use Bliss eye creams. I've kinda fallen in love with their products (The Youth As We Know It) and use the night cream and the eye cream.
    Serendipity likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

^^ Sephora sends out an APB for this one above if she's absent too long..

Serendip- I love makeup and skincare, but I'm not a splurger. I do think it's most important to treat the skin well first and the makeup will look good. I'll research and do testers and on a rare occasion I'll be pleasantly surprised that something works for me. Most of the time I'm like, whatever. If I had the bank account for it I'd definitely go all Chanel, Lancaster and Guerlain. I believe the French know skincare. The Swiss too. My friend in LA is very careful with her sunscreen and sun care products and she swears by Lancaster as her only sun care.

Test the brands out at Sephora and Bloomingdales if there's one near you. You can return things if you don't like them. The one high end skin care brand that I used to use was Dior. Very gentle, very clean. Now I use Mario Badescu. I don't know how they keep their prices so low. It's the only line I keep repurchasing.

See if you can test this for eye cream. It's 195. I bet it's the bomb.

Guerlain - Orchidée Impériale Eye Cream: Reviews

The one eye cream I know I love is Bobbie Brown's Hydrating Cream. I haven't bought but I've tested it on me when I'm not wearing face makeup and it feels so different from any other eye cream. I felt the hydration.

Hydrating Eye Cream | BobbiBrown.com

Under eye concealer - Try Tarte Creaseless Concealer and IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye. Some say that if you're dry under the eye your concealer should be a liquid type, rather than in a pot. The IT Cosmetics was moisturizing and melts into the skin and not into fine lines. An under makeup serum can also help foundation and concealer not sink into find lines.

For foundation - I'm not sure what would work for you. Matte? Dewy? Get a tester of Too Faced Born This Way and Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation. The you tubers love this new Milani Creamy Foundation. Full coverage, satin finish. It's good to get products with anti aging properties. They'll have more moisture for the eye area, more than what a 30 year old would be using.

Serendipity likes this.

Serendipity likes this.

Liquid foundation for me is the same way...knocking on 49's door, and noticed in my early 40s that it settled in fine lines. I work from home for the majority of the week so don't have to wear makeup a lot, but have found that Bare Minerals' matte foundation and mineral veil powders work well. I also use their tinted moisturizer as my skin is ruddy, and like it, though by the end of the day it settles in my pores. Like a comedienne once said, have pores large enough to carry change.

My cousin is now shilling Rodan + Fields and so I bought the Redefine package from her. It is pricey and I can't tell a lot of difference so far over philosophy Time in a Bottle or Oil of Olay Regenerist products, but thought I'd try it for a couple of cycles. It does make my skin feel soft, and I do like the eye cream.

I liek her videos and she is really into anti aging skin care ^
    The Chanel make up artist I was talking to the other day said these work really well for lifting under the eye , my mother really liked them both

CHANEL LIFT LUMIÈRE Smoothing & Rejuvenating Eye Contour Concealer | Nordstrom

CHANEL LIFT LUMIÈRE Firming & Smoothing Sunscreen Fluid Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 15 | Nordstrom

I have good luck with Make Up forever concealer
    Ultra HD Concealer - MAKE UP FOR EVER | Sephora

There are also some concealer that have serums in them that are supposed to help make the under eyes look flawless Sephora
    Serendipity likes this.

Thank you so much for the replies, I'm going to give your suggestions a try. I might have to do some online purchasing since I'm in Australia, but at least I have something specific I can go on. I've been a bit tentative about switching my foundation as it's been hard to find one that works for me, there's so many out there it's hard to know where to start and didn't want to waste so much money again trying to find a new one. But now I have a better idea and appreciate the feedback.

Going to have to try the Bliss eye products and some of the great suggestions from Chalet like the IT Cosmetics. I agree that you need to look after your skin otherwise the foundation doesn't do what it should *side eyes teenage self*

Off to do some googling. I will report back when I find something that really works for me.

ETA: Thanks choozen1ne, I'll check out her videos. I'll have a look at Chanel and Sephora. So many to choose from but now I'm confident I'll find something that will work!
    choozen1ne likes this.

Shop Exclusive Beauty Products, Browse Makeup Tutorials and Reviews | Beautylish
    They ship to Australia and have amazing customer service , you can chat with them and they'll recommend what they think is best
    Serendipity likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by choozen1ne View Post
    Shop Exclusive Beauty Products, Browse Makeup Tutorials and Reviews | Beautylish
    They ship to Australia and have amazing customer service , you can chat with them and they'll recommend what they think is best
    Fantastic, thank you! I think I know where the rest of my day is going. Really excited to try something new and having somewhere to start. Thanks again ladies, you've made it so much easier for me. Googling really didn't give me anything specific.
    InigoMontoya likes this.

Keep me posted! If you find something better than Bare Minerals, would love to hear about it!
    Serendipity likes this.

I promise I will. I might start with the IT Cosmetics since there seems to be a good range on the website choozen1ne posted that I can get in Oz. They seem reasonably priced too. This sounds really good IT Cosmetics Eyelift In A Tube Fair | Beautylish The foundation IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream with SPF 50+ Fair | Beautylish and powder IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Silk HD Anti-Aging Micro Powder | Beautylish also sounds like what I'm after too.

Fingers crossed! I'll report back when I've given it a good go.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information