Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Urban Decay Revolution Lipsticks - Worth the Price?

Default Urban Decay Revolution Lipsticks - Worth the Price?

I've been lusting for Streak and Fiend, but are they really worth $22 a pop? I don't know anyone who uses them, hoping someone here can give a T&T review.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

I haven't worn lipstick since Burts Bees started tinting their lip balm.
    faithanne and MsDark like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^I love that stuff!
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I've used Urban Decay Revolution lipsticks, but not the colors you've mentioned. Have you tried switching them at Sephora? I liked the colors I had, but it's hard to say yay or nay when I haven't used the colors you're interested in, KWIM?

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I haven't worn lipstick since Burts Bees started tinting their lip balm.
    I need moar pigment. Even tried their lip crayons and they still don't have enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I've used Urban Decay Revolution lipsticks, but not the colors you've mentioned. Have you tried switching them at Sephora? I liked the colors I had, but it's hard to say yay or nay when I haven't used the colors you're interested in, KWIM?
    The next Sephora is 2 hours away, good thing otherwise I'd be there all the time. I am mostly wondering if the lippies have good enough staying power and pigment to justify the price.

i have revolution 69, a magenta-ish red. i really like it and it is pretty pigmented. it was my most pigmented lipstick until i bought one from dior's hourglass velvet creme line.

ConstanceSpry likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^^Ooh, that's beautiful! Does it have good staying power?

yeah not bad at all. and the nice thing is that it wears off evenly so even if it comes off, it leaves a nice stain on the lips.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I agree, the ones I tried were Jilted and Venom (waaaay too dark for my light coloring but I lurve it) and I tried Afterdark in the Matte version. They all were very pigmented and had great staying power, especially the matte one, but that's common with mattes. I went and looked at the colors you chose ... they are much lighter than what I have. Have you looked on the web for swatches of those colors since you can't get to a Sephora?

Here's one with Streak:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...G-Z4j-8bYKM%3A

Here's one with Fiend:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...yLuSQh_o_lM%3A

sorry, couldn't get either to imbed.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    yeah not bad at all. and the nice thing is that it wears off evenly so even if it comes off, it leaves a nice stain on the lips.
    That's a big plus right there. I hate the weird splotchy wear-off.

I agree, the ones I tried were Jilted and Venom (waaaay too dark for my light coloring but I lurve it) and I tried Afterdark in the Matte version. They all were very pigmented and had great staying power, especially the matte one, but that's common with mattes. I went and looked at the colors you chose ... they are much lighter than what I have. Have you looked on the web for swatches of those colors since you can't get to a Sephora?
    Oh yes, I am very pale and my lips are on the thin side, so too dark doesn't work for me either. I've looked at review swatches and youtube demos for most of the colors.

Here's one with Streak:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...G-Z4j-8bYKM%3A

Here's one with Fiend:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...yLuSQh_o_lM%3A

sorry, couldn't get either to imbed.
    Thanks so much for those, Nevan. Streak looks a bit too pink there. In the youtube demos I've seen, it looks sort of coral-pink instead of light pink like in the link. Fiend looks kinda too light too, hmmm. I think I am going to order some of those little lipstick sample cards off Ebay to decide on a color. Thanks for taking the time to review, Sput and Nevan, much appreciated!!
    sputnik likes this.

You're very welcome. One of your colors (I forget which one now) also comes in a sheer version, just to add to the mix. They were both very pretty but even though I'm white as a ghost (plus have blonde hair and green eyes), I still have trouble wearing light colors too. It kind of washes me out ... do you have that problem? Try as hard as I can, I can't find the perfect shade of light or medium pink for me, it looks like I'm wearing cheap Barbie play makeup. I think it's more that I'm cool toned than my coloring. I loooove that corraly pink color you chose, but I'd look like a clown.

^^Yes, I can't wear nude or baby pink, it looks ridiculous. I am very pale, blonde, with brown eyes and cool-toned. I agree re. corals, some really brighten the face, others look clownish. Medium pinks/rose colors usually work for me. I like the Ladyflower (what a name, haha) Revolution color, not sure if it's too bright in person though.

I have Fiend as well as Naked. I love them both, great staying power and have a nice texture to them.

I'm a lipstick addict and at any time will have around 20 of them in my purse, so for a brand to stick out from all of that, you know it's good. haha

My mother is a hard core lipstick lover and she really likes the 5 she has , she mostly has matte shades

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information