Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Hair smoothing serums?

Default Hair smoothing serums?

I googled the best ones but I decided to ask you guys here instead before I decide on one.

My hair is kind of fine. It's naturally curly/wavy but I flat iron it a lot and would love to find something that won't weigh it down or make it sticky and goopy. It frizzes easily too.

Any recommendations?

I really like the Garnier hair oil and it feels pretty much weightless.
    AquariusMoon likes this.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Are you looking for something to keep your hair wavy/curly, or something to make it straighter with hot tools? I use different things for each.
    AquariusMoon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    Are you looking for something to keep your hair wavy/curly, or something to make it straighter with hot tools? I use different things for each.
    I do like to wear my hair curly but it takes so much longer I usually just end up ironing it instead. Do you have suggestions for both styles?

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Have you tried any of the It's a 10 products? I use the leave in before combing out and a little more right before I use any iron and I have really happy hair.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

For both ways, I use a really good leave in conditioner ... my hair is really dry, so if you have oily hair, you might be able to skip this step for straightening.

For blow drying and flat ironing, I use Ouidad Moisture Lock leave in conditioner, then Bumble and Bumble's Repair Blowout Cream. I have used John Frieda's 3-Day straight blowout spray in a pinch when I couldn't get to a Sephora or a salon and it works okay, just a little drying and the texture of your hair feels different. Also, I invested in a T3 Feather Lite something or other blow dryer (cuts at least 7 minutes off my drying time) and an Agave Vapor flat iron (you put agave oil drops in it and the iron releases oil vapor in my hair). My sister, who has oily hair, used it and had no problem with extra oily hair for over 24 hours. I'm almost certain there is a dupe for my T3 dryer, but I've never seen one for the flat iron.

For curly hair (which is my natural hair -- spiral curls and they're dry as hell), I've been using Living Proof's Curl Leave In Conditioner and Living Proof's Curl Defining Cream. I've recently went back to my natural curly look after about a year or so of straightening it, so I'm still experimenting, but I like this combo. I have also used in a pinch a Loreal cream definer that looks like white spirals through the product container (sorry, can't recall the name). Believe it or not, my hair has gotten even more curly since I stopped straightening it. My favorite curl definer seems to have poofed from salons (I haven't looked at Ulta yet), which was Paul Mitchell's Round Trip. When my hair dries with any of these products, I just keep scrunching my curls until it's totally dry, then I just tousle it all out so that none of the curls are stiff anymore.

For BOTH, I use Living Proof's Prime Style Extender after the leave in conditioner and I really notice a difference because I don't wash my hair everyday. I actually can go three days if needed because my hair doesn't get oily (because it's so dry). I have LP's Perfect Hair Day Night Cap in my Sephora basket -- it looks interesting.

And wow, it takes more time for you to do curly hair? For me, I just put those products above in, make sure my hair is still pretty damp (which sometimes requires me to run a wet brush through), then I let it air dry. So, so easy. If I'm straightening it, I have to blow dry and straighten it (I've tried air drying and then straightening but my hair is just too curly to work) and that takes forever for me.

Hope this helps a little!!
    AquariusMoon likes this.

Your hair sounds quite a bit like mine. Mine is shorter (above the shoulders but below the chin) and quite fine. I can't wear it long because it just starts to look super thin and I swear it stops growing. I have wavy hair naturally and it takes a little work to make it look nice, not messy. Otherwise I just blow it out and use the flat iron.

Because I have been on various medicines for IBD my hair was pretty damaged. I currently use Kevin Murphy Hydrate Me wash and rinse - and occasionally I use a hair mask for deep conditioning. I style with Kevin Murphy Full Again and also Body Builder Mousse. I love these products and they define curls and give me much needed volume when I'm doing it straight. I usually follow with Davines Melu Mellow Split Ends repairing serum with works well to smooth out the frizzy bits.
    AquariusMoon likes this.

I straighten my wavy/frizzy hair (almost) every day and this is the stuff of miracles:

http://www.amazon.com/BioSilk-Silk-T...m+silk+therapy

AquariusMoon likes this.

I can't recommend a product but I can offer tips.
    A good moisturizing conditioner
    Rinse with cold water.
    Blow dry downwards with cool air.
    Use a heat protectant product

Using a flat iron should be a breeze then

My hair is stick-straight, but has lots of frizzies if I don't use this stuff my hair stylist gave (yes, gave) me. I can't do without it now. It's called Furterer and it's a type of leave-in conditioner, I guess. It is awesome.

Umberto makes a great hair masque that is amazing on thick, curly hair. I LOVE it.

Can't recommend this highly enough. I'm a 3b with a ton of hair - this stuff makes it smooth and straight for days.
    KrisNine and AquariusMoon like this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I love Kerastase. I use a few of their serums. I like the Chroma Riche for colored hair and on occasion, I'll use a bit of the Oleo Relax.

czb

wcg - i did not know what you meant by 3b so i looked it up. i think i have similar hair (kind of like howard stern's). so does the kerastase control the frizz and help with curls? i currently use l'anza kb2 (don't laugh, i know the product has been out there for a zillion years....)

^^^ My hair is also much like Stern's hair, except he has more curl on the very crown than I do. I'm so envious of his curls. They're always perfectly defined and shiny.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information