• 4 Post By sprynkles
  • 2 Post By rollo
  • 1 Post By tulip
  • 2 Post By Mrs P
  • 2 Post By KrisNine

Thread: Breaking up with your hair stylist -- need advice

Elite Member

Default Breaking up with your hair stylist -- need advice

OK -- I know this may seem REALLY silly, but I've been going to the same hair person for about 8 years. She was wonderful and I would have people want to know who did my hair. I was always really happy. Over the last year, she has messed up my hair quite a few times. The color has not stayed true/faded after just a few days, my cuts have been wonky, etc. I keep giving her one more chance. The last time I was was very frank with her about the color and cut. Well, it was the worst yet. I went to a new place, they've fixed me up and I'm not going back to my old hair stylist.

Now, when I left my hair stylist for this one (8 years ago) -- I just left and never said anything. The new one was in a business networking group I was in and she was young and a go-getter. I have always felt bad that I left my old stylist without saying anything. Now, I'm done with this stylist and I don't know if I just don't go back or if I should write a letter. I drafted one, but I don't know if I should send it. Is it better to know or not know why someone is leaving you? She used to be so good, but now her personal drama has drifted into the workplace. I kept the letter professional and didn't talk about any of that -- it's all about being dissatisfied with the color and cut. I don't know what to do. Suggestions, please!

Why is your relationship with your hair person so complicated? I left my doctor and didn't think twice about going, or writing a note or anything. I just changed doctors.

One little thing with this -- my sister goes to the salon to get her nails done. I don't want to put her in any uncomfortable position with this stylist.

If you let her know at your last appointment that she had fucked up, I see no need to communicate further with her. I see no need to whether she knows you're unhappy or not, but that's just me.
    ConstanceSpry and tulip like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Just let it go. You've already expressed your dissatisfaction a number of times and gave her many chances to redeem herself. She knows why. I'm sure she's lost other regulars as well. Hopefully, she'll get her personal drama under control and can revert to the fabulous hair stylist you once knew her to be.
    holly, Novice, tulip and 1 others like this.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

You don't owe her anything. She offered a service, you paid for it. Now that you're no longer happy with the service, you don't pay for it anymore. She needs to sort out her own business, that's not your problem. You're a client, not her life coach. That sounds harsh but it's early and I haven't had caffeine and I know what it's like to break up with a stylist (in my case he was too fucked up on drugs to trust with my hair).
    qwerty, Novice, Sylkyn and 4 others like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I agree. No need to say anything.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

I agree. Don't say anything. If you write her a letter, she might offer you a half price haircut or something. You will go back and it will be just as bad!
    tulip and holly like this.

Elite Member

Thank you all. I sincerely appreciate the advice. I'm just going to leave it alone.
    czb likes this.

Yeah, just leave it be. I'd be paranoid about giving her a letter she'll end up posting on social media or something.
    tulip and faithanne like this.

The only time I would feel the need to say something is if I switched to another stylist in the salon. Or, if you regularly see your old stylist in your social circles. Otherwise, don't sweat it. It happens all the time.
    tulip and holly like this.

Thread Information