Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nair burns!!

Default Nair burns!!

I was just sitting here innocently, using this free time to use Nair as well and it started BURNING ME. I only had it on for like 3 minutes and the bottle said 4 minutes minimum do not exceed 10 minutes. My underarm is killing me now.. its all red and swelled up. Damn body hair and societal standards that drive me to use this crap.

Default Re: Nair burns!!

Bummer. I've always had to leave that stuff on at least twice as long as the maximum, in order to get it to work. It can burn, it's like battery acid.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Oh man that chemical stuff is so not good for for you. Every chemical you put on you goes in you.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

I've done that before too, the week of Prom and I didn't even use it for the full time either. It sucked, everything hurt when I wore it, but my legs were all red and gross from the burns so I didn't wanna wear anything short.

I just shave regularly. It's a lot easier. I'm not that hairy, tho.

I usually shave too (the intuition plus is the best razor ever, by the way, I'm still in love with it ), but for some weird reason I decided to try the Nair. That was when I learned my lesson never to do anything chemical-related for the first time directly before a big event.

I saw a commercial for Veet(?) and it shows the girl dancing around with this Veet on her leg and then she takes a razorless razor, did that make sense?, and does a zig-zag thing with it the Veet. What is the point of the razorless razor.
    I use to use Nair years ago when I was naive and will NEVER use it again. Chemical burns are never good. Not to mention the smell seems to linger way too long.
    I went back to Intuition after getting major razor burn from some razor. I cant even remember the name but if and when I see it again Ill look away and hope it doesnt see me. HEHEHE

That sucks. I just got burns all over from Veet 3 days ago...ouchies.

I am an HR Manager at a hospital, but on the weekends I work at our Urgent Care clinic. We get a lot of women with burns to their face, legs, armpits, and especially the pubic area from using nair. Some of the burns are second degree with blisters. That Nair is nasty stuff! Especially if you have sensitive skin.

We get both men and women alot of time for burns to their private area...you can spot them walking up to the desk real slow like they just got off a horse
    So you hate your job? There's a support group for that....It's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar.

Hi! I'm New Here!

Default Well help me!

Quote Originally Posted by kitten33 View Post
    I am an HR Manager at a hospital, but on the weekends I work at our Urgent Care clinic. We get a lot of women with burns to their face, legs, armpits, and especially the pubic area from using nair. Some of the burns are second degree with blisters. That Nair is nasty stuff! Especially if you have sensitive skin.

We get both men and women alot of time for burns to their private area...you can spot them walking up to the desk real slow like they just got off a horse
    Ugh just got a chemical burn from nair about 2 weeks ago. Its a pretty big one too. I called my OB/GYN and told her about it once I noticed what happened. All she said was take a sitz bath. 2 weeks later still feels the same and she still gave the same advice! ugh is there anything else I can do for it/do you know what advice was given to any of those people who came into the ER? sure would help

My boyfriend used Veet on his underarms and managed to burn himself. Can I add he was a postman so he veeted to avoid aggravation. Or so he told me
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

I did this and then threw it away. It was agony! Never again.

I use Nair on my chin and lip. Wax, for me, is 10 times worse. All I can do, is glob on moisturizer before and after and hope for the best.

How come nobody is mentioning how vile this stuff smells? It will knock you over.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    How come nobody is mentioning how vile this stuff smells? It will knock you over.
    I ended up throwing away a towel after trying Veet because you could still smell it after three washes. And yeah, it burnt me too. I'd tried it out on my legs first and although the smell was disgusting I didn't have a reaction so I used it on my bikini line. Big. Mistake. I only had it on for a couple of minutes and it felt like I'd been scorched with a blowtorch and I spent the next few days wearing skirts, walking like John Wayne and gunked up with an anticeptic lotion. I couldn't even wear underwear as it had really, really scorched the skin at the crease of my thighs and I couldn't bear to have the leg seams touching my skin. It put me off ever using anything like that ever again and I stick to wet shaving now. It may be more of a hassle at the time but it beats the hell out of getting fried again.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information