Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Your changing skin - a new regimen

Default Your changing skin - a new regimen

My point here is for you to find out if your skin has changed and what you will do for it. I finally had a facial at Mario Badescu. A basic, deep cleansing facial. I got the official analysis that my skin is now "dry and sensitive" with some broken capillaries around my nose, that I have good elasticity and good pores. I thought the skin under my eyes was really dry but she said they were good. I wanted to know the best way to really clean my face now, to get a moisturizer, an exfoliator and a mask.

I wanted their products because they are made with good things, well priced and I wanted non-commercial products tailored for my needs. I've been doing one thing right before this - switching to a cream cleanser instead of a gel cleanser.

The products are lovely. You can buy them online or in some stores. I'd find out what kind of skin you have so you can get the right ones. I was so done with buying stuff that was recommended - and was doing nothing! Even the free fancy pharmaceutical stuff was a bust.

A few tips from them - a serum moisturizes the skin 10 times more than a moisturizer. Put that on first. For mature skin they recommend that you use your finger tips to massage in the cleanser and just rinse off. If you want to use a Clarisonic type of machine, use it once or twice per week. Those are better for young skin, exfoliating and getting the moisturizer to absorb in.

The cleanser is a dream. The honey almond scrub is a huge 4 oz jar and was 15 dollars.
    They also believe in toner - one that suits your skin and will help improve your skin.

The products remind me of Kiehl's but I never felt like Kiehl's did the job.

Skin Care Products : Best Sellers | Mario Badescu Skin Care

The celebrity page shows the six degrees of separation clients - Gwyneth, Aniston and
    Laura Dern are clients.

I like Badescu products, I've used a few on and off over the years- Enzyme Cleansing Gel is a good cleanser for oily skin. They make good stuff, and it's very well priced. Nordstrom carries the line.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Good to know. I will definitely try these. I have ginormous pores though & still need to blot oily skin all day. Need to see if they have good products for that.
    Flygirl likes this.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I bought some anti-ageing night cream yesterday for 40 yrs+. I don't care, the wrinkles are coming and I need help!!!
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Thanks Chalet, I'm a skincare whore and always on the lookout for the latest miracle!

Found a UK stockist Mario Badescu Skincare | BeautyBay.com
    Novice likes this.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

I think if you fill out a survey on thier site about your skin you'll get a few free samples that are tailored for your skin. I liked some of thier stuff I've tried in the past ,it was better than the Philsopy stuff I used that did nothing

^ I really loved the Philosophy Microdelivery Peel until I switched to the cheaper Olay version but yeah, the rest of it was pretty disappointing.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Hit By Ban Bus!

I need a good zit cream. My skin is breaking out more at 38, than it did when I was 16. I am currently blaming my ovaries/hormones for this.

Add my vote for Badescu stuff! It's very good quality and so reasonably priced. I love the olive oil eye cream, seaweed night cream, and that cream soap Chalet posted. Oh and also there's a protein night cream, very rich and great for dry, aging skin. A handful of his products have peanut oil and I have to watch for that with my allergy, but 98% of it is totally fine. Oh and also--I use Badescu a lot with Reviva Labs products and they seem to work well together. Reviva is another great indie skincare line with quality ingredients (even better than Badescu imo) and some really terrific products. I especially love the eye and neck cream--two sensitive areas on me, one or the other of which frequently reacts to skin products, but not a peep out of either of them with this one.

Also both these lines are very easy to get--Amazon and Ebay have a lot too, as well as the brands' own websites.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

^^ They gave me the Camomile Night Cream. So far I like everything because it's gentle and soaks in.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    I need a good zit cream. My skin is breaking out more at 38, than it did when I was 16. I am currently blaming my ovaries/hormones for this.
    Maybe try the acne products. They are so reasonable. I had adult acne on my chin at 30 and left a lot of redness there but it went away after a year. I still need concealer with foundation there.

Acne Products | Acne Skin Care Products | Mario Badescu Skin Care

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    After battling adult cystic acne for 2 years, I think i have the answer. Diaper rash cream. Yes, I'm serious. Zinc oxide is amazing for acne and acne scarring. And diaper rash creams carry the highest concentration of zinc oxide (40%). I use Desitin Maximum Strength Original paste. My skin is smooth as glass and the scars are fading. I highly recommend it. I've been telling every person I know.
    Flygirl and lulu09 like this.

Interesting tip, I'm tempted to try it on some of my stubborn acne scars. I have some on my chin as well. Those are hard to get rid of.
    *Kat* likes this.

^You should give it a try. I just put on a layer a few hours before bed, throw on some old towel on my pillow so that it doesn't stain. I'm amazed when I wake up every single day now. I can't believe I spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars on all those expensive acne products when the solution was a tube of diaper rash cream for less than $10.

Bronze Member

I personally never suggest anyone to use this kind of chemicals on the skin, but after seeing your description which shows most of the products are made by herbal things so it makes me feel it can be use for some good purpose. I have seen some products like this on the internet they are good.
    Last edited by twitchy2.0; July 27th, 2014 at 04:19 PM.

What do you use to remove it in the morning? Right now I'm using coconut oil but was curious since the Desitin isn't water soluble.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information