Thread: Shower/Bath and personal grooming

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default Shower/Bath and personal grooming

Do you shower in the morning or the evening? How much time do you spend in the bathroom?

I usually shower in the morning and shampoo my hair so I can style my hair, do makeup (if I feel like it...) etc etc before I get ready to face the outside world.

But today, I haven't showered yet and just seemed like I had more time to do other things instead of spending an hour in the bathroom. I took my dog out for a longer walk, made brunch and I think I'll go clean up the apartment.

When I was growing up in Japan, I always had a bath in the evening. Showeing in the morning seems to me like more of a Western lifestyle which I've gotten used to.

How does your personal grooming fit into your daily routine/schedule?

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I take a shower whenever I think of it. I prefer taking one before I go to bed, so I can just roll out and go in the morning.

It takes 10-30 minutes, depending on whether or not I'm shaving or deep conditioning my hair.

SVZ

i shower in the morning and at night. i feel dirty if not. i spend like...45 - an hour in the bathroom most of it's just standing around looking at flaws or singing

I have two kids a 3 and half year old daughter and a 6month old daughter. So we get up and I give them breakfast. Then a couple hours later when baby is napping I can jump in the shower. I don't wash my hair everyday (too drying), but every couple days. I usually throw it up in a ponytail. It's half way down my back so it's too long to have down all the time.

I try to not spend more than 10-15 min in the washroom. I usually don't even wear make-up. Just face wash, scrub, moisturizer, a little aquaphor on my lips. Done. In the summer however I was showering twice a day. In the morning once, then afternoon, occasionally also a third shower in the evening before bed. I like to be clean. Also shaved underarms and legs are important to me. Now you know a little too much information about me.

I shower in the morning and at night and wash my hair both times. I know I'm probably drying my skin and hair out all to hell and back, but I feel filthy if I don't.

I shower in the morning usually, it wakes me up. I try to shower every day. I have this sort of fear about being stinky, and I'm always paranoid that I do if I happened to be running late and didn't have time for a shower that morning.

I take usually about 20 minutes in the bathroom (that includes brushing teeth, shower, and getting clothes on-I do hair, makeup, deodorant, etc. in my own room), but it's also a community bathroom b/c of the dorm situation. I can't exactly linger in there for long, there's always someone waiting for the shower or sink.

I shower in the mornings, too, and it never takes me longer than 30 minutes. But, on the weekends, I spend an hour in there, shaving my legs and just relaxing under the hot water.

Basically, I wake up, hop in the shower, do my hair/make-up while I have a random movie in the background and then come on here, usually by 7AM.
    I saw a film today, oh boy.

I shower every other day and bathe the days I don't shower. I wash my hair every other day, unless I am around smoke or smelly things ( the scent lingers n my hair). I spend 20 min in the shower washing my hair and shaving all the hair off my body. Then I squeeqie down the walls, hop out and dry off, comb out my long hair, apply skin cream and let my hair dry naturally.

The days I bathe, I like to use some bubbles in my bath water, then I play with the bubbles and drape them on my arms like a long dress ( bubbles look cool all irredencent and sparkly) and I lay back in the bath and enjoy the piece and quiet until one of my kids knocks on the door and disturbs my spa-like retreat. I really LOVE my baths!

Total time in the bathroom 30 minutes on a good day. Up to an hour in the bath with my rubber ducky.

I used to shower at night when I had to commute to work because I am not a morning person and can't seem to do anything quickly and efficently in the morning. Now that I work from home I can ease into my day (I'm lucky.) I now take a shower in the morning and usually another shower at night because with four dogs I always smell like them by the end of the day. Also, thanks to my genetics I have to shave twice a day because I can't stand stubble. I'm really pale with dark hair and it shows up on my legs by the end of the day! I have like five o-clock shadow all over my body! Except my face. Attractive, huh?

I have really long hair and have to wash it at least every other day. Fortunately, I shower really quickly. But when I take a bath- I make it an event!

Oh, you know what's weird? Even though I'm home alone, I still lock the door to my bathroom. Anyone else do this?

Lil

Quote Originally Posted by provence View Post
    Even though I'm home alone, I still lock the door to my bathroom. Anyone else do this?
    I rarely even shut the bathroom door, unless we have visitors. We don't have locks on any of the loos either so visitors have to sing (keep meaning to sort that out but never get round to it).

I shower and wash my hair every morning, and it I am going out in the evening I'll do it again.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

I just started to break myself of that habit this summer. I used to close the door no matter what. Now I'm at about 50% when people aren't home. It felt so weird at first.

SVZ

omg me too! i can't do it

I know ALOT of people are against baths, saying its dirty and whatnot but i have been a bath taker all my life.....i LOVE my baths before bed to calm the body. BUBBLES!

Default Re: Shower/Bath and personal grooming

Quote Originally Posted by esmereldagrubb View Post
    I know ALOT of people are against baths, saying its dirty and whatnot but i have been a bath taker all my life.....i LOVE my baths before bed to calm the body. BUBBLES!
    My husband very rarely bathes. He says the 2 nastiest things on your body hit the water first-your feet and your ass. If he does take a bath, he will rinse off with the shower before he gets out.
    I on the other hand, LOVE baths! I always shower in the a.m. just to save time, but at least 4 nights a week I take a long, hot bath. I am addicted to bath salts and use an entire container in about a week...good thing it's the cheap stuff from Wal Mart!

Thread Information