Thread: Help with eye and hand lotions

Elite Member

Default Help with eye and hand lotions

The skin around my eyes is so dry lately. Usually, I use my normal skin cream on them. Since I've started using Finacea to deal with rosacea (great stuff!) my skin around my eyes has become much drier.

Since I've put my hands through hell lately, baking and gardening, my cuticles are a bloody mess and the skin is extremely dry.

Here's the thing - I can't stand any scent. In Europe, I found a chamomile hand cream that worked really well and only had a slight scent that quickly dissipated. I've bought some Burt's Bees hand cream that turned out to smell too strong and only seemed to only sit on top of the skin, never really going into the dermis. Any eye cream with a strong odor is going to drive me nuts, since it will be closer to my nose.

I could go to Sephora and load up on free samples but that's a little tedious. If I could find a reliable product I could get on line, or from the pharmacy, I'd be a lot happier.

Any suggestions?
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Bobbi Brown eye creams are pretty decent - I'm trying out a couple of samples that I got with my recent order.

I'm using Shea Moisture Olive & Marula Baby Lotion all over and I love it! Has avocado and shea butter in it, slight smell. Got it at Walgreens. Have you tried using oils on your hands for moisture? Argan oil, avocado oil, shea, cocoa butter, almond, sesame. Coconut oil is really moisturizing.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Elite Member

I've tried Shea butter and really liked the feel of it. Maybe I could look for some for hands.
    CHILLY FREE!

If you want heavy duty hand cream try that Neutrogena stuff with the Norwegian flag - but it's pretty greasy when you first put it on so you need to be careful where you smear it until it sinks in. It's hardcore though and I only use it in the dryest coldest part of winter so it might not be good for everyday.

I'm currently using Aveeno Intense Relief which is odourless and pretty good because even after I wash my hands with our terrible soap (at work) it still lingers slightly, meaning I don't have to apply hand cream a million times a day like I normally would.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I am currently using two different topicals for rosacea (I use the azelaic at night and metrogel during the day) I am a big fan of the Yes to Cucumbers Calming Night Cream. I pat the lotion on under my eyes before bed at night and then use (mixed with spf depending on the day) over the metrogel for during the day. It's not stinky or irritating.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    If you want heavy duty hand cream try that Neutrogena stuff with the Norwegian flag - but it's pretty greasy when you first put it on so you need to be careful where you smear it until it sinks in. It's hardcore though and I only use it in the dryest coldest part of winter so it might not be good for everyday.

I'm currently using Aveeno Intense Relief which is odourless and pretty good because even after I wash my hands with our terrible soap (at work) it still lingers slightly, meaning I don't have to apply hand cream a million times a day like I normally would.
    It's washing that kills my hands. They get torn up in water alone. Thanks so much! I'll try the Aveeno.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    I am currently using two different topicals for rosacea (I use the azelaic at night and metrogel during the day) I am a big fan of the Yes to Cucumbers Calming Night Cream. I pat the lotion on under my eyes before bed at night and then use (mixed with spf depending on the day) over the metrogel for during the day. It's not stinky or irritating.
    Yay! Yes to Cucumbers is on sale on Amazon. I'll give it a try. TYSM!
    CHILLY FREE!

Hit By Ban Bus!

You can use coconut oil or sunflower oil to hydrate your dry skin. Oil is the best moisturizer for the skin. It will leave your skin hydrated and rejuvenated; you can use this in the evening. Coconut oil has Vitamin E which is good for the skin, it prevents skin aging like wrinkles, cracks and dryness.

Bronze Member

There are some lotions for the eyes which helps to make your skin better, actually when you have acne or use some oil control product so these kind of things are common.

Thread Information