Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Lenny
  • 2 Post By Waterslide
  • 1 Post By Chilly Willy

Thread: Looking for a long lasting alternative to Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm

Default Looking for a long lasting alternative to Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm

I have pale lips which are not evenly pigmented (due to a scar) but I absolutely hate lipstick. I don't like that thick feeling and the fact you notice it immediately. I want it as subtle as possible.
    I love the Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Hibiscus and Honeysuckle but it disappears too quickly. Does anyone know something just as natural looking but longer lasting? I hear a lot about lip stains and lip tints but they are not as vastly available in Germany as in the US. However, you can buy some of the American suff on Amazon. Any suggestions?

Honeysuckle:

Hibiscus:

KrisNine likes this.

It's not a balm, but Clinique's Almost Lipsticks are really nice for sheer coverage that actually tints and I find it lasts a long time. I actually wasn't sure if I was going to like it, but I ended up loving it. To me, it's not really dark or opaque like a lipstick, it just sort of deepens the colors of your lips. The tube itself looks really dark, but it doesn't show up that way. A lot of people where the Black Honey one, but it looks terrible on me.

This is the one I wear. It does not look this pink in the tube or on my lips though.

Amazon.com: NEW! Clinique Almost Lipstick Spicy Honey: Beauty

Some of the other shades:

Lenny and KrisNine like this.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

I'm intrigued! This seems to be exactly what I am looking for but it's not available in Germany. I love when the product just enhances your own lip color.
    Has anyone tried Max Factor Lipfinity Lip Tint? It's one of the few lip tints available here but it has a felt pen tip. I wonder how this feels.

Max Factor Lipfinity Lip Tint 05 Marshmallow, 1er Pack (1 x 3 ml): Amazon.de: Parfümerie & Kosmetik

I find BB to last all day, but then I use much stronger colors than you do. The Clinique is also a great choice.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    I'm intrigued! This seems to be exactly what I am looking for but it's not available in Germany. I love when the product just enhances your own lip color.
    Has anyone tried Max Factor Lipfinity Lip Tint? It's one of the few lip tints available here but it has a felt pen tip. I wonder how this feels.

Max Factor Lipfinity Lip Tint 05 Marshmallow, 1er Pack (1 x 3 ml): Amazon.de: Parfümerie & Kosmetik
    That sucks it's not available in Germany! I thought maybe it was available there. I'll keep thinking about it though. I haven't tried the Max Factor one. Maybe Rimmel has a lip stain or tint that would work, I had their lipstick before and IMO it works better than Maybelline or Cover Girl, etc. You don't have to use as much and it doesn't disappear as quickly. I don't normally use lip stains because I find them very drying on my lips, but they must have a sheer coverage lipstick.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

How about the Maybelline baby lips?

Thanks for the suggetions! I bought the Maybelline color sensation in the shade "in the buff". The color is really nice and blends in perfectly with my natural lip color.

Bronze Member

The new NARS satin lip pencils are quite good - leave a nice finish and are longer lasting than traditional lip balms. Also the YSL glossy lip stains are very long lasting and leave a nice finish.

Lenny, I recently discovered catrice Liquid Lip Tint in Germany. They have it at dm. It seems like a lip gloss at first, because it's so wet, but it dries really quickly and feels and looks great. It's cheap, too.
    Novice likes this.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    I have pale lips which are not evenly pigmented (due to a scar) but I absolutely hate lipstick. I don't like that thick feeling and the fact you notice it immediately. I want it as subtle as possible.
    I love the Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Hibiscus and Honeysuckle but it disappears too quickly. Does anyone know something just as natural looking but longer lasting? I hear a lot about lip stains and lip tints but they are not as vastly available in Germany as in the US. However, you can buy some of the American suff on Amazon. Any suggestions?

Honeysuckle:

Hibiscus:

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    It's not a balm, but Clinique's Almost Lipsticks are really nice for sheer coverage that actually tints and I find it lasts a long time. I actually wasn't sure if I was going to like it, but I ended up loving it. To me, it's not really dark or opaque like a lipstick, it just sort of deepens the colors of your lips. The tube itself looks really dark, but it doesn't show up that way. A lot of people where the Black Honey one, but it looks terrible on me.

This is the one I wear. It does not look this pink in the tube or on my lips though.

Amazon.com: NEW! Clinique Almost Lipstick Spicy Honey: Beauty

Some of the other shades:

I hate lipstick and I'm no longer a fan of Mac's lip glass. Lipstick feels funky on my mouth and lip glass is way too sticky. These colors all look great. I'm going to try to get some this week.

my new make up crush is revlon just bitten kissable balm stain.
    they're chunky lip stain/balm pencils that you put on and they stain your lips but without that gross dry sensations some stains leave you with, and you also don't get little chunks of stain coming off your lips after a while too, which i often have when i use stains.

the colours run the gamut from super natural to pretty dark, including an awesome dark hot pink. i have 3 of them, one light that just looks like my lips but slightly darker, one that is darker but still pretty natural looking, and the dark hot pink one. they're way cheaper than the clinique almost lipstick, which i also tried but couldn't find a single shade that i really loved. also, i find that the revlon is actually more moisturising on me than the clinique. but everyone will be different. so many people swear by burt's bees and i tried a couple of different ones and it's possibly the worst lip balm i've ever tried. i think it actually dried my lips.

I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm not a fan of burts bees balm, however I do like a nice moisturising lip tint (etc), I've been wearing Dior glosses and most recently I bought a second Dior Serum Lip treatment, which is like a lip gloss with skin treatment stuff in it. I found it expensive but I wear it all te time and it lasts for a long time.

I'd like to try those Revlon things.
    Free Charmed.

Thread Information