Thread: Order of Application for skincare

Default Order of Application for skincare

Okay, I read about application order in a magazine and thought-ah, simple-and ignored it. Now, sitting here waiting for my sunscrren to dry I am wondering... What order should I apply the following products. Okay, I wash my face in the morning. Then I apply my suncreen. Sometimes if I am feeling dry I then apply a day moisturizer. I use a good night cream so often my skin is just fine without it, too greasy with it. Then, I apply an eye cream. I allow to soak in and then apply a primer, let that dry, then a little under eye concealer, then powder foundation. My question-do you think my suncreen is being obliterated by all that stuff I apply after it. Should I spray it on after the day cream but before the primer, or after the primer? My day cream has suncreen but only SPF 20 and I am fair.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default Re: Order of Application for skincare

OK the way I do it is...

1, wash/cleanse
    2, toner
    3, moisturizer/eye cream or sunscreen (I get too greasy if I put both so I only do either)
    4, powder foundation

or sometimes if the liquid foundation I'm gonna use has SPF then I'll skip the moisturizer and sunscreen

I have powder foundation with spf of 20 so if I apply it on top of sunscreen that has spf15 then I think it's good enough... I'd recommend you use powder foundation that has some spf.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by moomies
    OK the way I do it is...

1, wash/cleanse
    2, toner
    3, moisturizer/eye cream or sunscreen (I get too greasy if I put both so I only do either)
    4, powder foundation

or sometimes if the liquid foundation I'm gonna use has SPF then I'll skip the moisturizer and sunscreen

I have powder foundation with spf of 20 so if I apply it on top of sunscreen that has spf15 then I think it's good enough... I'd recommend you use powder foundation that has some spf.
    I should do that. I just bought some Sunday so next time. What do you use? I use Stila or Lancome. I have also used MAC Studio Fix but prefer the others. I have to go face public transportation to work now so I will check back later. Oh, my primer has SPF 15 but I am only using primer in attempt to make my pores look smaller. They are not huge I am just vain.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I'm using Japanese cosmetics, the foundation is by Kanebo.
    I think Christian Dior and Chanel have poweder foundations with good SPF but ask the cosmetic ladies at the department store counter. I like Lancome, too.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by moomies
    I'm using Japanese cosmetics, the foundation is by Kanebo.
    I think Christian Dior and Chanel have poweder foundations with good SPF but ask the cosmetic ladies at the department store counter. I like Lancome, too.
    Thanks!

Thread Information