Thread: Top 10 cellulite shifters

Default Top 10 cellulite shifters

Not that any of us have any cellulite of course, it's just an interesting article educating to read

1. GIVE IT THE BRUSH OFF
    Daily skin brushing can help soften and smooth out orange-peel thighs. Firstly, it helps remove surface dead cells, which makes the skin on your rear end look smoother and more even-textured.

Secondly, dry skin brushing is considered an effective way to stimulate circulation and boost lymphatic drainage – deficiencies in both of these systems are believed to be major contributing factors to cellulite.

2. CAN YOU FEEL THE FORCE?
    Endermologie: clinical trials show that a deep massage therapy can minimise lumps and bumps and reduce thighs by inches.

Endermologie is a special form of deep tissue massage that uses a machine to stretch, stimulate, deep massage and smooth the contours of body fat, thereby reducing the circumference of the thighs or other areas of the body.

3. BEANS MEANS BUMPS
    Coffee is no friend to your behind. Firstly, caffeine can contribute to weight gain and is bad for your skin because it impedes your blood circulation.

It also contributes to water retention; as it’s a diuretic, it can dehydrate your body. When you’re dehydrated, cells hold on to water – and your fat cells hold on to fluids, which, on your bottom and thighs, make your skin bulge out and look puffier and more dimply.

4. GET THE MASSAGE
    Studies show that deep mechanical massage can help the appearance of cellulite. The best choice for cellulite sufferers is manual lymphatic drainage (MLD). A course of 6 to 10 treatments is recommended.

Cheaper by far is a 5-minute self-massage. Try massaging your legs and bottom with essential oil of sandalwood; it’s very nourishing for dehydrated skin. Add a drop or two to 15–20 ml carrier oil such as grapeseed or almond oil.

5. GETTING A SKINFUL
    Certain foods contain skin-boosting nutrients that help keep the tissues between the fat cells supple, which can help minimise cellulite. It’s time to revamp your diet for smoother thighs.

So here’s what to put on your plate… essential fatty acids (good sources include fish, olive oil, flaxseed oil, nuts and seeds), fruit and veg (the brighter the better and five a day!), poultry and chicken, eggs, soya and nuts and pumpkin seeds.

6. GETTING A LEG UP
    Walk your way to firmer, sexier legs – with a little help from MBTs, or Masai Barefoot Technology trainers. Their thick, curved soles give them a platform, and make you walk in a different way to help tone the rear.

Get maximum benefit from wearing MBTs by walking as much as you possibly can, plus the extra exercise will help you lose inches and tone up your bottom even more. Find more information at www.mbt-uk.com

7. THE BIG CHILL
    The stress hormone cortisol can make cellulite worse. Sex is good for stress as it causes your brain to release ‘neuro-hormones’ – chemicals that are natural painkillers and also help to alleviate anxiety.

These chemicals are also released during exercise. If you’re sans partner, head for the gym.

8. STILL WATERS
    Water is great for skin, and it’s free! Drinking two litres of still water throughout the day can help your body burn off an extra 150 calories, according to one study.

Make sure you book in regular ‘water breaks’, keep a big bottle of water on your desk at work, set your computer to ping or send a reminder every 20 minutes or so, and make sure you have a glass or at least a big gulp.

9. BEND IT, STRETCH IT
    Follow the deep-stretching technique pioneered by movement and dance expert Marja Putkisto, to boost circulation and lymph drainage in the legs and smooth out cellulite.

Deep breathing and deep stretching are the keys to the Putkisto method, originally created to improve flexibility, posture and energy. Its devotees have noticed a reduction in cellulite, which could be due to better circulation and increased lymph flow. Find more information on www.methodputkisto.com

10. GRASS ROOTS
    One thing all the experts who’ve devoted years to studying cellulite agree on is this: the reason it looks unpleasantly like cottage cheese is because fat is protruding through the honeycomb of ‘connective’ tissue that is supposed to keep it in place.

Clinical trials show that the herb gotu kola could reduce your cellulite by strengthening connective tissue and increasing circulation. It sounds wacky, but this is one herbal remedy that’s got some science behind it!
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...220482,00.html
    Last edited by MaryJane; June 18th, 2006 at 05:26 AM. Reason: oops I forgot #10

Default Re: Top 10 cellulite shifters

3. BEANS MEANS BUMPS
    Coffee is no friend to your behind.
    This is bad news

Oh well... life's too short to spend it without coffee, that'll only mean more massages

6. GETTING A LEG UP
    Walk your way to firmer, sexier legs – with a little help from MBTs, or Masai Barefoot Technology trainers
    I've been asking myself for months if I should buy some. Those shoes are pricey! An MBT shop is going to open a few blocks from where I work, might be a good temptation
    "Sex is not, by default, depraved and dirty. Unless it's really good."
    morons.org

Agreed. I'm sipping my morning coffee right now so I'll just have to beg hubby for a massage later! It's all about balance.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

I knew most of these already, especially the one about coffee. It's just that I think coffee is worth having some extra cellulite!

In all seriousness, nutrition is key, especially not eatin all the toxins contained in over-processed foods. And sadly, nowadays, even fresh foods.

My great-grandma died at 96 without even a trace of cellulite. She didn't even know what the word meant! It was just a different time, before the invention of crisps and fizzy drinks, when people still used to eat pesticide-free veggies in their natural form. In contrast, nowadays I even see normal-weight kids at the beach with the beginnings of cellulite. And not just girls! WTF?

About massage...I've actually spoken with a masseuse who told me that while massages can bring short-term immediate improvement, they can actually make things worse the moment you stop, as well as leading to loosened muscle tissue.

Dry-skin brushing is great. If only I remembered to do it.

Thanks for sharing.

Silver Member

Cellulite has nothing to do with weight, nutrition, etc and so on. Cellulite happens in 85% of females. It is just the way some fat deposits are, and they are fat deposits you are supposed to have, like on your hips and rear.

Here is an interesting article on it :

http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/1025.html
    http://dorkdejour.blogspot.com Just Pimpin my Podcast!!

I personally can't see myself at the beach with skimpy bikini bottoms on. I admit, I have it on my inner thighs and back of my thighs. God knows how it got there. I do karate 2 times a week for an hour and exercise at home between then...I eat good food and don't drink coffee. Maybe I'm just too self concious, but I think its more that I don't wanna look "fat"

Anyways, I thought the statistics for women with cellulite were high. Atleast I'm not alone.

Meaghan.xx

It's actually not even a fat thing.. it has to do with your skin, and the fibrous striations some people have as a natural makeup in their skin that dimple the fat underneath them.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

thanks for sharing... good reminder to drink my water and stop eating all this junk
    There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
    Oscar Wilde

I actually have a pair of the MBT shoes. They do take a while to get use to.(I wear them around the house while I do housework) I have only worn them for a week so I haven't seen any results as of yet.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    It's actually not even a fat thing.. it has to do with your skin, and the fibrous striations some people have as a natural makeup in their skin that dimple the fat underneath them.
    Exactly. My friend's overweight and doesn't have a single trace of cellulite. If you look at Piggy Spice, on the other hand, you'll see tons of cellulite on the back of her overly emaciated legs.

I have no cellulite either. I have some stretch marks on my hips though, but they're white and don't bother me at all.

Bronze Member

I tend to have just a hint of cellulite when I'm at my heaviest( 120 lbs for 5'7") even if I'm very sporty and toned, but I have to say that when I have my depressed periods and lose weight(105 lbs and low fat mass) the few dimples totally disappear and I appear celluliteless and sinewy (and no ass nor boobs), so in my case is related to the fat percent in the body
    but everybody I know tell me I'm at best when I'm at 120

lookin 4 Firecrotch Lohan as i reload my gun!

i read that if you use used coffee grounds, warm them up and mix in a little water then spread in on the areas with cellulite and then wrap like suran wrap around it for like 5 mins, it works very well. never tried it but some people swear by it.
    "I was stoned. It seemed like a fun thing to do at the time. " -Jim Morrison

Thread Information