Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Matted Hair :(

Default Matted Hair :(

Ok, I'll try to make this quick......(I highly doubt it's possible for me, but I'll try)

Last week, I got really sick. Like can't remember 4 days of my life sick. I don't know what the fuck happened!! I can't remember much but one night I was pissed because I was getting pretty weak and my throat was scratchy. I figured well, what my kids brought home from school, I now have. I woke up in my bed 4 days later. The little flashes of memories I get are of me falling down, throwing up, shivering, fighting with my mom(We don't get along, but my poor son didn't know who to call since he didn't know what was wrong.) Crying, and that's about it.

Long story longer, turns out I had a wicked high fever which made me delirious(I only thought that happened in movies) and some crazy mutant bug that has been going around.
    I NEVER get sick. I just don't. With 3 kids, my body has built up a steel clad army of anti-bodies.

ANYWAY......Being in bed that whole time, my ass length hair is one solid matte. It's horrible. I'm not even exaggerating. I can't even begin to describe how seriously solid of a mess it is.
    I guess the only way I can think of is, picture a dog with long hair that the owner neglected. It's a shell of hair on my head. a comb flees in terror when it comes close to it.
    I have tried deep conditioner(tons) the spray for getting tangles out(This is Waaaaay beyond tangled though. think solid mass)

I am a vain person when it comes to my hair. I love it. I always did everything you can think of to keep it healthy and long. If there is one thing I am super proud & stuck-up about, it's my hair. It's thick. REALLY thick. Long, and just something I made sure was always healthy. I braided it every night so it wouldn't get tangled, I used quality products to keep it shiny & happy.
    I don't want to cut it short, I DO NOT look good in short hair, but I am desperate.

You guys are my last hope. Do you have any ideas on what would help get my hair somewhat normal without having to cut it?
    ~Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

An entire bottle of conditioner and start combing at the very ends of your hair taking as long as needed to work your way up to the scalp. Good luck.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

I don't have any ideas about your hair other than going to a salon and seeing what they can do about it.

I know what you mean about getting delirious with a fever. I get it bad when my fever gets too high and I get dehydrated and I have a very low dehydration threshold. It sucks.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Quotes View Post
    An entire bottle of conditioner and start combing at the very ends of your hair taking as long as needed to work your way up to the scalp. Good luck.
    Thank you for the quick response!

My question with that is it seemed when I did that with the deep conditioner, there was residue left which made it harder to get the comb through. Is there a certain type of conditioner that won't leave a type of residue? I will admit it was only a day or 2 after I woke up, so I was still REALLY dizzy and weak. Maybe I didn't rinse it all out good enough or something.....

You might try (a LOT) of olive oil and see if that might help. Sometimes it can slick up the hair a bit more than conditioner.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Ah yes, I use olive oil as a deep conditioner sometimes (I have very dry hair) and it should work well for you.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Try a silicon based anti-frizz serum and a very wide toothed comb. This happened to my daughter once and trust me, it can be combed out
    pinkbunnyslippers likes this.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Get a jar of Queen Helene Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream ,you can get this brand or another brand in most drug stores or Target ,Walmart or what ever super store where you live , it's sometimes in the ethnic hair section , if you can't find that then get a jar of deep conditioner , it's really thick like pudding and put handfuls of it on your hair until it completely covered , put a plastic shower cap on and let is soak overnight and start from the bottom and use really wide tooth comb
    I have long curly hair and this worked when I was younger and got my hair really tangled
    pinkbunnyslippers likes this.

fgg

definitely do was AQ said, douse your hair with conditioner and then just start 1/4 in by 1/4 in combing through it all from the bottom up to the scalp.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I don't have any ideas about your hair other than going to a salon and seeing what they can do about it.

I know what you mean about getting delirious with a fever. I get it bad when my fever gets too high and I get dehydrated and I have a very low dehydration threshold. It sucks.
    Oh man...the dehydration. I won't even get into the nasty details about that but yeah, I was freakishly dehydrated. I STILL do not understand why my mom didn't take me to the ER to AT LEAST get fluids in me. I am still suffering the after effects of that. I mean, it's only been about 3 days since I woke up, so I know it's gonna be a little while but damn. I'm still super weak, and can only stay out of bed for about an hour at a time if I'm not doing anything that requires strength. Otherwise I get super dizzy & want to fall down....

Quote Originally Posted by Air Quotes View Post
    This is what I would do. Get some Moroccan oil or for that matter any kind. Put on clean hair. While in the shower start slowly combing from the ends. This is going to be like unwinding a puzzle. Put a stool of some kind in so you can sit. If at all possible you might get someone to help you. Go slow, be patient and keep going. That kind of matting will take a while but I think it can be done. Good luck!

Can you go to the doctor? Start drinking Gatoraid even if you hate it. Could you have had West Nile??
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by gardenwitch View Post
    Thank you for the quick response!

My question with that is it seemed when I did that with the deep conditioner, there was residue left which made it harder to get the comb through. Is there a certain type of conditioner that won't leave a type of residue? I will admit it was only a day or 2 after I woke up, so I was still REALLY dizzy and weak. Maybe I didn't rinse it all out good enough or something.....
    My daughter (now 9) has had almost waist-length hair for a long time. And not only would it get matted, she would run her fingers through it after eating candy. We would take turns squaring it away for her.

What I would recommend is, like Air Quotes said, an entire bottle of conditioner in the shower. Start by pulling the mass of hair apart carefully into multiple bunches (to make the task more manageable), then finger combing each bunch, then using one of those brushes that have tiny balls on the tips. Start from the bottom of the hair strands and then work your way up. I wouldn't even bother trying to rinse it all out either. When you get out of the shower, have a bottle of that detangling spray ready. Plus more conditioner. Use as much as you need to comb it all out completely. One thing I've learned from having a daughter, is that it (tangled hair) is never a hopeless cause, no matter how bad it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by gardenwitch View Post
    Oh man...the dehydration. I won't even get into the nasty details about that but yeah, I was freakishly dehydrated. I STILL do not understand why my mom didn't take me to the ER to AT LEAST get fluids in me. I am still suffering the after effects of that. I mean, it's only been about 3 days since I woke up, so I know it's gonna be a little while but damn. I'm still super weak, and can only stay out of bed for about an hour at a time if I'm not doing anything that requires strength. Otherwise I get super dizzy & want to fall down....

It sounds like you also need electrolytes. Push water and gatorade until you start to feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    You might try (a LOT) of olive oil and see if that might help. Sometimes it can slick up the hair a bit more than conditioner.
    Ohhh!!! I never thought about olive oil!!! I have A LOT of that. Extra Virgin don't ya know.... I'm doing that tonight!!!!! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Lalique View Post
    Try a silicon based anti-frizz serum and a very wide toothed comb. This happened to my daughter once and trust me, it can be combed out
    I forgot to mention that I did try that the 1st day. I used the whole $20 bottle My hair smelled really nice though

Quote Originally Posted by choozen1ne View Post
    Get a jar of Queen Helene Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream ,you can get this brand or another brand in most drug stores or Target ,Walmart or what ever super store where you live , it's sometimes in the ethnic hair section , if you can't find that then get a jar of deep conditioner , it's really thick like pudding and put handfuls of it on your hair until it completely covered , put a plastic shower cap on and let is soak overnight and start from the bottom and use really wide tooth comb
    I have long curly hair and this worked when I was younger and got my hair really tangled
    Thank you! I never heard of that, I will be on the look out....well, probably getting it overnighted from Amazon. I seriously can't go out like this. Normally I don't care, but it's sooooo embarrassing. Thanks for the tip!

Unrelated to your hair, but if you can be that ill and your mom didn't get you any help, for your own peace of mind, you need some sort of emergency plan in place in case you ever get sick again. A friend or neighbour your kids can call who can come check on you maybe?

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information