Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Share your tips and tricks

Default Share your tips and tricks

Hey i thought id start a tips and tricks thread for make up and beauty, i have picked loads of tips up from magazines, experimenting and having a really really bad make up addiction, so i thought i'd share some of mine and you can all share yours!!

Touche Eclat (aka touch your clit)

i use this mainly under my eyes, as it is supposed to, but i also use it on my lips to enhance them. After ive put on my base/foundation, i run it round the edge of my lips and so it kinda blends your lips into your base, then you can use your lipliner to draw just slightly over your natural lip line then put on your lippie/gloss. It'll make your lips look plumper.

To make your nose appear slimmer, after foundation run the Touch Eclat down either side of the front of your nose and blend. you should have your slightly darker natural colour running down the middle, this makes it look slimmer.

NEVER ! use Touche Eclat as a spot concealer, never ever ever! it highlights the buggers!

To keep eyebrows tidy i brush them using a clear mascara.

If i go out partying and have eye make up on i take cotton buds in my bag that have been pre dipped in my foundation. Then when the eyemake up starts to run just get one out and run it under your eyes.

Elizabeth Arden 8hr cream is essential !! how anyone lives without it i'll never know!

I use it on my cheek bones as a highlighter, a lip balm, a dry skin soother, a burn soother, it stops peeling, i use it on my eyelids for a sheen, its a great lip gloss, mix it with coloured powder to make a liquid blusher/eyeshadow it has a million uses, and lasts forever! Well worth the investment!

These are just a few of mine, i'll have a think of some more, but spill all yours!

Default Re: Share your tips and tricks.

They are cute tips loulou! I can't think of any at the moment. But I like the Touche Eclat idea. I love that stuff when I can afford it!

I always apply moisturizer before conceler or foundation, like my proactive or Nivea and let it dry and then wipe it off with a cold towel.

Before putting on eyeshadow or eyeliner, apply a light layer of under eye powder so that way if you make a mess and wipe it away, it wont show on top of your face powder.
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

Okay thought of one! If I have black rings under my eyes from being on the internet too late at night (I mean studying!), then I will lay down for 5 mins in the morning with green tea bags on my eyes. This really does work for me.

Me too Voodoo, they work as my fav tea and for my face
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

^^Yeah I drink it too! I love it with just a bit of honey for flavour!

I love the green tea trick as well. If you buy the large iced tea bags, make your tea, store the bags in a baggie in the fridge. They are big enough to cover the whole eye area.
    I have recently started applying foundation with a large blush brush. I love the results. I use a buttery textured makeup, I still need to blend, but it goes on very nicely!

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Never wear mascara on your lower lid if you are tired. It accentuates the circles.

If you don't use Touche Eclat or even if you do, always apply it, or a little highlighter eyeshadow (ivory or pale pink) just under and around the outer corner of your eye. It makes them look bigger.

Put a little foundation or powder on your eyelid before you apply shadow and it will last much longer.

A lighter color of eyeshadow in the very centre of your lid near the eyeline makes eyes appear bigger. I like to use a subtle gold colour.

If you can afford it, buy Christian Dior eyeshadow quads. They're pricey but the pigment is excellent, all the colours coordinate, the shadow stays on a long time and they really last. It works out to be a lot cheaper than buying four crummy eyeshadows 2 or 3 times a year.

If you are in a hurry, just swipe blush lightly over your eyelids with a large blush brush instead of eyeshadow. A model's trick that works in a pinch.

Use an eyelash comb to separate lashes. I hate clumpy looking lashes -- they look cheap and sloppy.

Apply mascara to the top of lashes first, then underneath. This makes them fuller and helps prevent clumping.

Use a proper brow brush -- it is worth the money -- to brush and train your eyebrows. Always brush upwards. Use a light brown pencil to fill them in. Dior's Blonde is fantastic, and works even on people with dark hair. Most people make their brows too dark and they overpower their eyes and face.

Lipstick lasts longer if you apply one coat, then lightly powder your lips before applying another coat.

That's all I can think of for now.
    Last edited by pacific breeze; July 22nd, 2006 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze
    A lighter color of eyeshadow in the very centre of your lid near the eyeline makes eyes appear bigger. I like to use a subtle gold colour.
    I do that too!

I bought Urban Decay pencil in Honey, when they say it doesn't budge, they really mean it.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...egoryId=C10461

I love Urban Decay, but we can't get it in Canada any more. I like their liquid eyeliner and some of the lipsticks.

Bronze Member

If you've ever had a long night of partying or whatever and have eye bags under you eyes the next morning, put two cold spoons in the freezer and then put them on your eyes. Your eye baggae will go away and they'll make your peepers wake up and look beautiful!

If you've bought eyeshadow that has too little pigment and doesn't show up as brightly as you thought it would, color bases are excellent. If you can't be bothered to spend $15+ on a color base, just use clear chapstick on your lids before shadow, it works just as well, if not better.
    2 years...

I shave my face every few days. It makes the application of makeup so much smoother.

To make a nose look more narrow, what is the best trick? Would you dust the sides with darker shades or lighter than your natural skin tone?

Darker, definitely. Lighter shades would achieve the inverse effect!
    2 years...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information