Thread: Help! Dry, fly away hair - UGH!

Jon Hamm's pants

Default Help! Dry, fly away hair - UGH!

I have naturally blonde, long, very thick and semi-coarse hair. It is wavy but sometimes I flat iron it.

Here is my dilemna. By mid morning I have major fly away action going on, no matter how I style it. I live in Calif., and so the air is mega dry, which I am sure doesn't help anything. By mid afternoon I end up with a pony tail cause I can't stand it.

I think I have tried every product I can think of to tame my mane.

Anyone have any suggestions? A new shampoo or conditioner or something?
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Default Re: Help! Dry, fly away hair - UGH!

I'd give my right arm for dry air...Florida's just the opposite with the humidity and it makes your hair suck too!

Ion makes this really good lusterizing cream ( I'm not a fan of shine serums because they make your hair slimy.

Connecticut, US

I have the same kind of hair, except mine is very fine and I can't use most types of conditioner on it or it looks dirty. I have something I use, I forget the name (senior moment!) right now, but I will get it for you. After you shampoo and and conditioner, you rub a little of this through your hair. It gives it nice body and prevents it from tangling. I will get the exact name when I go home and post it on here (PM me if I forget). It would work for your hair type, as it works for mine, and yours isn't fine like mine, so it should work better.
    Keep passing the open windows.

Camping with Einstein

Have you tried Kiehls creme with silk groom? Just a little bit helps control my fly aways. Hope if works for you.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Elite Member

Hubby has dubbed me the product whore because I've bought so many hair products over the years trying to manage my frizz. We have very humid days here! I have recently been using Suave Professionals Smoothing Creme and it works better than anything else I have ever tried. We even went to Florida (known for humidity) a couple of weeks ago, and in the pics my hair looks good! Prior to that I had purchased Unite Lazer Straight Relaxing Fluid from my hairdresser, and while it smelled great (like cake batter, yum!), it did next to nothing for my hair! A real waste of $18! The Suave is cheap, cheap and works great for me!

have you tried using a dryer sheet (like for laundry?) they talk about it on tv all the time..

Thread Information