Thread: Salon spray on tan (Mystic tan?)

Elite Member

Default Salon spray on tan (Mystic tan?)

I am interested in going to a tanning salon and getting the spray tan before we go to the beach. What are your experiences with these? How long do they last? Any tips for getting even coverage, etc? Should I exfoliate my entire body first? With what product?

Thanks for the help!

Silver Member

Default Re: Salon spray on tan (Mystic tan?)

I did the Mystic tan once. It was $25 for 1 session and the color looked really good. It washed off in about 2 days so if you want to prime for the beach go to a regular tanning bed 2 or 3 times. The color won't wash off. Mystic Tan is good for an event like a wedding or prom.

^So you looked like Linday Lohan?
    http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2220_1.gif

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by pierresgirl
    I did the Mystic tan once. It was $25 for 1 session and the color looked really good. It washed off in about 2 days so if you want to prime for the beach go to a regular tanning bed 2 or 3 times. The color won't wash off. Mystic Tan is good for an event like a wedding or prom.
    Oh, bummer. I thought it would last for about a week. I used to go to the tanning bed, but I don't have time to do that anymore, and it's so bad for your skin, I just thought the Mystic would be a good way to do it.

I use Jergen's natural glow for medium skin, even though I am very pale. I think that works well because it's gradual. You just apply it every morning like a lotion and by the end of the week you look much darker. It does fade fast though, but it still lasts up to a week after your last application.

My daughter did a tanning bed for 3 days. 8-10 minutes each time, and she has a really nice glow. Good for the base. Don't forget to use some good tanning lotion with some SPF.

My favourite for a nice natural looking tan is Fake Bake its the best one ive ever used, and believe me ive used lots!! its totally foolproof to do yourself and it goes the nicest colour plus it'll just fade off you and not go patchy so it'd be great for your hols. I like to put it on before i go to so im not all white!

Quote Originally Posted by loulou58
    My favourite for a nice natural looking tan is Fake Bake its the best one ive ever used, and believe me ive used lots!! its totally foolproof to do yourself and it goes the nicest colour plus it'll just fade off you and not go patchy so it'd be great for your hols. I like to put it on before i go to so im not all white!
    Fake bake? I thought fake bake refers to when you tan in a tanning bed. Unless there's a new product out called Fake Bake that I haven't heard of!

I get the mystic tan quite often, but I don't come out orange so I don't know whats going on with the celebs. When you go, make sure not to shave your legs for a day before, and exfoliate REALLY well. Then when you're standing in there, you have to move around a bit to get it on your sides or else you'll end up with white streaks. Afterwards, towel yourself off really really well. Maybe thats why some people come out orange. And put the barrier cream on very thick on your feet and lightly on your hands so you don't look "sleeved". One thing....the mystic tan fades very unevenly, at least for me, and so that I don't have weird brown and white patches, I have to go usually every 4-5 days. But it DOES look nice while its fresh.

Silver Member

I didn't look orange either. I usually use Loreal Sublime about twice a week after showering and I wait a good 30 mins to get dressed.

Flecjill- Mystic tan here is $25, how much do you pay?

^^ its $25 per visit, but i bought the package for $49, you get two free visits, and every visit after that is $10, and when you first sign up, you get 20% off any sunless tanning care products. I bought this neat little bag that had scrub, moisturizer, sunless tanning spray, and odor neutralizer in it.

My daughter does the mystic tan for prom and such and has always had good results...it just fades gradually on her.
    I bought the Dove tanning lotion last night and the jergens for my face. I used it once last night and again this morning, and I can tell the difference already. I tan very well with either the sun or tanning bed, but don't have the time for either...
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

Bronze Member

Is it better to use a tanning lotion in the tanning bed? I have never tried that before. I hate the way the Jergen's Lotion smells, it made me stop using it because I actually felt sick after smelling it.

I'm really pale. Mystic Tan didn't look bad on me, but I couldn't stand being in the booth with the spray. I practially hyperventlated from the spray. Are you supposed to breathe, not breathe?

I've tried Jergens, but it made me itch terribly. I have to be careful with the tanning lotions, some will make me itch. I use Neutrogena foam tanning.

Thread Information