Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Has anyone tried Clarisonic Mia Facial Brush or cheaper alternatives?

Bronze Member

Default Has anyone tried Clarisonic Mia Facial Brush or cheaper alternatives?

Has anyone tried the Clarisonic Mia? around $119
    What were your experiences with it?

Olay Pro X is $29.99

Ulta Dual Action Cleaning $22

Neutrogena Wave $14

I've been using a Clairsonic for about 1 1/2 years. I love it.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I used the Neutrogena Wave off an on for a few months and didn't notice any difference between that and washing with my hands. It sits in the cabinet now.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

I use the Olay one off and on, with different kinds of facial wash/peelings and notice a difference. My pores are smaller. My skin looks clearer when I use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Quotes View Post
    I used the Neutrogena Wave off an on for a few months and didn't notice any difference between that and washing with my hands. It sits in the cabinet now.
    same experience here. i plan to get the clarisonic mia2 sometime this year, since i've heard nothing but amazing things about it.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

I've heard it's on sale at QVC today, along with some Philosophy products. Sorry, I don't know the price.

Gold Member

I've been using Clarisonic Mia for about 2 months. I love it. My skin looks more clear and just glows. It does purge out any acne you have under your skin, so you have to be patient.

I have had a full sized Clarisonic for 2 years and I changed my skin for the better and its helped with clogged pores and dull skin - I love mine

i've been using mine for a month now. i have a mia 2. i started off using it every other day, for about a week, until my skin got used to it. i use it with my regular avpne face wash, not the one that comes with the brush. the first week or so i didn't notice any difference really, except that my skin seemed a bit smoother and just felt cleaner. then i definitely had some skin purging. i have pretty good skin in general but will get little 'bumps' sometimes, tiny ones, that won't even break out and eventually go away. i noticed that for about 2 weeks, starting about 2 weeks after i started using it, i had more of them and now they have definitely subsided and i only get the odd one here and there and my skin is much smoother. also, in winter i would sometimes get a bit of flakiness around my forehead and that's completely gone.

for those of you considering buying one, just get the plain mia. my mom bought me the mia 2 on amazon and it was marked down from 149 to 129 so it was only 20 bucks more than the regular mia but really the only difference is that the mia 2 has a lower speed which i never use anyway, and comes with this hard, plastic case that's a pain in the ass to open and wont fit the charger anyway so you still need to put it in a cosmetics bag. there really is no justification for the regular 30 dollar price difference.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I got the Mia2 for Christmas, so I've been using it about 2 full months now and I'm in love with it. I got the acne brush head because one, I am acne prone and two, it's supposed to be much kinder to sensitive skin, which I also have. I don't use the wash that comes with it because it's a bit strong for my face. I definitely had some skin purging, but it tapered off. I was okay with it, because I didn't have great skin to begin with so I was able to wait it out without much annoyance. It's helped with the fine lines around my eyes and the lines I have forehead and around my mouth. You can also charge this thing and use it twice a day for weeks without having to re-charge it.

The book that comes with it suggests replacing the brush head every 3 months, but I've read online that you can push that to 4 if you need to. The brush heads are around $25, so with the machine itself and the brush heads, you're making an investment, but I think it's worth it for my skin.
    What are you looking at, sugar-tits? - Mel Gibson

Question: how do you guys clean the brush heads? I leave mine in the shower and it kind of gives me the willies to think there might be mildew/bacteria growing on it.

That's one thing that annoys me about the thing - there's no way to dry it properly, and there's not a stand so that it can dry vertically. I use mine at the sink so I end up lying it back in the plastic case and leave it open for it to dry.
    What are you looking at, sugar-tits? - Mel Gibson

I'm going to buy one because my skin has really taken a beating this winter. I have pretty good skin and no wrinkles, which is great for 42. What I have noticed is how dry my skin is getting and my forehead looks kind of crepey. I'm hoping this will help with that. It's almost as if my moisturizer won't sink in.

My clarisonic has a charging stand which makes it vertical. I only charge it every few days though, and the rest of the time it's in the shower. I put it on a ledge, lying on its side, so that nothing is under the brush. It can drip and it's completely exposed to air.

I considered getting a cheaper version of the clarisonic but changed my mind after reading a bajillion amazon reviews that said the cheaper ones stop working pretty quickly. I think the clarisonic is built better so it's more water resistant. Seems like people were thinking that their cheaper devices were shorting out.

My clarisonic has improved my skin. I still have problems and it's always where I touch my face. If I could keep my flippin hands off my face around my mouth, everything would be great. Oh and cell phone germs. However, the clarisonic has helped a lot with keeping my face exfoliated so my skin isn't dull. It's smoother and products absorb really quickly since I started using it. I'd recommend it.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I've been using mia for a couple of weeks. And I love it already (I really want to say I don't know how I ever lived without it. But I wont.) I experienced some purging but nothing cystic like I used to have before. Everything cleared up within a couple of days. My face feels so much softer and smoother. Also, my acne scars are diminishing. I should mention that I use retin-a every night, so mia helps clear all the flakiness I get because of it. I use the deep pore brush by the way, not the sensitive brush that came with it.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information