Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: BB creams?

Default BB creams?

Clinique just discontinued my foundation and the girl at the counter recommended their BB cream as an alternative. While it's coverage is more like a tinted moisturizer, I have to admit my skin looks much better since I've started using it. I was prepared to hate it for the $35-$40 price tag.

Anyone else using BB creams? Which kind and how much are they?

Yes! I just heard about them & tried the one by Garnier that I got at Walgreens for sale at 5.99. I decided to try that before investing in good ole Estee. I have only had it a day & the were out of fair (which I am) so I got the medium. I have worn it all day and I think I like it. I am going to get the fair before I wear it Out. Anyway, so far so good. I like the way it feels. Did you look on Amazon? There are several kinds. After I saw the Garnier one, I had it within an hour!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I haven't even heard of them before.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Interesting. I might have to try this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Some of the one's being marketing as BB creams in the US aren't really BB's. They're just TM's. (I'm an avid cosmetics junkie/makeupalley.com reader).

The clinique BB has pretty positive reviews.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Cool, I want to check this out as well. I didn't know what it was, so before I googled I thought it was BB cream for boob-boobs cream or something ridiculous like that. Stupid, I know.

Thanks for writing about this, I will try some if I can find it!

I had never heard of this. Bella are you using it as your foundation? From reading on Sephora they are saying it is more like a primer.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Dammit, I just placed an online order with clinique last night. Definitely would've tried it if I knew it existed. Oh well, next time...
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I had never heard of this. Bella are you using it as your foundation? From reading on Sephora they are saying it is more like a primer.
    You can use it as either. I am just using the BB around the house. I am not sure I need a foundation with it, it work svery well alone. For me,anyway.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Thanks McJag. I think I'm going to give it a shot.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Hey Bella I asked the same thing int he recommend a product thread. SillyME54 gave a great explaination, so I've quoted it here. ....
    Quote Originally Posted by SillyME54 View Post
    American bb cream sucks. Korean bb cream I way better and more advanced. It actually heals and protects the skin whereas American brands are prob just tinted moisturizers. I would def recommend Korean bb cream over American if you were going to try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SillyME54 View Post
    Yeah, I've used Clinique years ago and I just remember I didn't like it. It made me break out. I complained to my friends and they basically had similar reactions. I've also read reviews from other consumers and they've all been negative mostly so I've just stayed away from Clinique.

Korean products can be kinda hard to find when you're in the states (unless you're in larger cities like NYC or LA). I'm not quite sure where you are but if you have like a Chinatown or koreatown nearby they probably carry Korean brand bb creams. The easiest place would be online but you gotta watch out for amazon or eBay because a lot of the Korean bb creams may be fake. I did a lot of research before choosing the right one for me. Most of the creams say they're suitable for all skin types but I there are still differences in the creams. The top brands are missha, dr hart, skin 79, skinfood, étude house...there are many more but those are some of the most reputable ones. Also, Asians tend to favor white skin so many of the bb creams tend to be whitening and their shade selection is kinda limited compared to basic foundations and tinted moisturizers but since you said you are pale I don't think that would be a problem for you. I hope this helps!
    I haven't tried them yet, I'm still trying to find the right one for me - however I did see on the Garnier (UK) site that you can request a sample before buying, maybe that might be useful?
    Free Charmed.

The garnier one (in the us version) isn't a real BB, it's closer to a TM. The version they sell in europe may be different. From what I'm reading most of the ones here in the US aren't true BB's as they don't have the skin treatments that are in BB's. Sillyme54 was absolutely correct.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

What's a TM, you don't mean trademark?

tinted moisturizer, sorry.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information