Thread: Tattoo Removal

Default Tattoo Removal

I'm thinking about getting a few old tattoos removed. As I've aged, they've lost their meaning and are now just ugly "art" on my upper arms. Has anyone gotten a tattoo removed via laser? If so, how much did it cost? And how many sessions did it take?

I realize that the size and ink colors in the tattoo make a difference in the removal process, but I would love to hear from anyone who has had an experience with this!
    Gee, your hair smells terrific!

SVZ

Default Re: Tattoo Removal

I haven't had any experience with it, but your skin is a big variable as well. I think the lighter your skin is the better chance you are of having good results and less scarring

I would like to get one removed as well. It is only small but I wish I never had it done cause I can't cover it up all the time. It is on my ankle and does not look good for job interviews that require an office like skirt.

A*O

I heard that black tattoos are the easiest to remove with laser. The worst colour is green which is almost impossible to remove completely.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Child
    I would like to get one removed as well. It is only small but I wish I never had it done cause I can't cover it up all the time. It is on my ankle and does not look good for job interviews that require an office like skirt.
    If it's small, Voodoo, you can cover it up well enough with concealer and powder. That is, if it's just the office factor you're worried about and not regret about having it in the first place. The pain and money involved would definitely be smaller that way...

I've got a tattoo on my left ankle that I wish I'd thought harder about before having it done.

It's beautiful and at the time I got it, I thought I'd love it forever. I still do like it, but I wish it were someplace else, someplace where I could cover it up. When I got it, I was in an industry where body art was no big thing. Now that I'm in a completely different field, I feel like it stands out in a bad way. No one has ever made me feel that way, but that's what I perceive. It makes me self conscious.

I have very fair skin and the tattoo has lots of blue, red and purple. I wonder how successful removal would be for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz
    If it's small, Voodoo, you can cover it up well enough with concealer and powder. That is, if it's just the office factor you're worried about and not regret about having it in the first place. The pain and money involved would definitely be smaller that way...
    Yeah I might try some of that concealer stuff they rave on about. It's only small and black and red so hopefully the concealer will help.

I plan on getting extensive cool tattoos, but on places even a short sleeve shirt would cover up:
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I got my two tattoos in places that are easy to cover up, because while i love them, I don't always want them visible, like at the law firm where I work.
    Keep passing the open windows.

My sister is just lucky she plans to go be an artist and not anything horribly mainstream. 2 months after her 18th birthday she already has 2 fairly large tattoos, one of which is nearly impossible to cover-on the back of her neck and she has short hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgow53
    I got my two tattoos in places that are easy to cover up, because while i love them, I don't always want them visible.
    Same here!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

damn. Green is the hardest. I got a lotta rose tat on my upper thigh. I had one, hated it, got it covered with another and well, there is more green then anything else. bummer.

My tat was done with black ink and even though I don't think I would ever want it removed I am glad to hear black is the easiest to be removed.
    God help me to remember that it takes 42 muscles to frown and only 4 to extend my middle finger and tell them to bite me!

Quote Originally Posted by A*O
    I heard that black tattoos are the easiest to remove with laser. The worst colour is green which is almost impossible to remove completely.
    That's exactly what my sister said. She's looked into it for herself. I've begun considering it for the same reasons that the original poster stated, and like Voodoo said, it's on my ankle so difficult to cover up.

I don't hate my tattoo, but I no longer enjoy it, and it's beginning to mildly embarrass me. I have a feeling this will get worse.

Mine has a lot of orange in it, & I don't know how that responds.

ETA: My sister also said that you go about once a month or every six weeks, and that each session costs about $75 (around here). Like A*O said, the black apparently is the first to go, and then you just keep going until it's all gone.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Wink Re: Tattoo Removal

Tattoos here too! And, like all of you, I have thought about getting them removed, so I was really excite when I read this, don't know if it works though, but would be great if it did.
    k-bubbles

Thread Information