Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Frizzy, fly away hair

Default Frizzy, fly away hair

I am looking for a product that I can add to my thick, wavy blonde hair that I can let air dry and still eliminate the poof and frizz. I have products that work if I apply them and then blow dry my hair straight or flat iron it.

I'd like to be able to air dry my hair and have the natural wave but eliminate the frizz and flyaways.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

I have the same problem. I started a thread about this before I went to Hawaii because I didn't want to look like a frizzy mess. It is my dream to find something like you mentioned. I have found what I need for the blow dry days, but I can not leave the house if I let my hair air dry lol, and that sucks!

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Mousse? I don't know, I'm not up on styling products. I have been using Moroccan oil, the light version. It's got 'cones but it smells great and leaves my hair pretty soft, cuts down on the frizziness some.

Biosilk Silk Therapy. A little, and I do mean very little, goes a lonnnnng way. Works like a charm though.
    smileznlaughs likes this.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

I use Oleo Relax by Kerastase. It's good for both blow drying and leaving it natural. It's expensive, but you only need a little bit.

Start with a smoothing shampoo and conditioner. John Paul Mitchell makes one, as well as a smoothing daily treatment. Deep condition or oil treat once a week. No hot water on your hair, use lukewarm or tepid.

For styling, a minute amount of pomade smoothed with your palms very lightly over your dry hair will help keep frizz down. Use too much and you will get a flat, limp result. John Paul Mitchell also has a very nice lightweight ginger smoothing spray that mists any flyaways and frizzies.

The best thing for frizzy hair is a quick zap with a good quality straightening iron. I know you want to keep your waves, so you might try a higher end hair dryer with a special diffuser attachment.

I like Moroccan Oil a lot. I started using it recently, and it really helps keep my hair from getting frizzy.
    "I'm not allowed within 200 feet of a school. Or a Chuck-E-Cheese..." Alan - The Hangover

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy Alexander View Post
    I like Moroccan Oil a lot. I started using it recently, and it really helps keep my hair from getting frizzy.
    I had just read that some Indian women use almond oil. They put it on the hair & leave for hours, even over night & sleep on a towel.
    Yesterday I found some for $7 at a grocery store . Supposed to add deep down shine.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I have the same hair, just in brown. It's a bit hit and miss on how frizzy my hair gets (I'm from the prairies, so when I moved to London, UK, my hair was total trash) but I use shampoo/conditioner/mousse for curly hair and I'm guessing that same Paul Mitchell Smoothing Serum that's already been mentioned.

Oh but I also just bought Bed Head's After Party. Totally does the trick. Smells a bit funky, had to buy it online since apparently hard to find but bonus, the bottle is hot pink and looks like a huge.......well you know:

I have naturally thick, curly hair. I use this product when I want major curl or just waves...

Quote Originally Posted by Polyester Pam View Post
    I have the same hair, just in brown. It's a bit hit and miss on how frizzy my hair gets (I'm from the prairies, so when I moved to London, UK, my hair was total trash) but I use shampoo/conditioner/mousse for curly hair and I'm guessing that same Paul Mitchell Smoothing Serum that's already been mentioned.

Oh but I also just bought Bed Head's After Party. Totally does the trick. Smells a bit funky, had to buy it online since apparently hard to find but bonus, the bottle is hot pink and looks like a huge.......well you know:

I had to quote this just for the picture!!!

Andrew Barton SOS Help Me Leave In Conditioner is wonderful, smells good too.
    Free Charmed.

I have that bed-head stuff too! My mum bought me it for Christmas hee hee! It's actually really good.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I have the same problem. I use this bed head mousse and also a little biosilk when I don't flat iron it.

See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

What has made my life sooo much easier is a semi-permanent product my daughter (hairstylist) puts on my hair about every 3 months. It's called Perfection by Pravana. Takes about 3 hours and smells terrible It makes my hair smooth and makes the ends heavier so they're not frizzed and wispy. When we're done, every single time, she says "ok mom, now you can whip your hair back and forth, whip your hair back and forth"

I rarely use a flat iron and without this stuff, my hair is pretty curly if I let it air dry. Downside is that for the first couple weeks, my hair too smooth and shiny and really flat. However, she and I figured out that if she doesn't apply the product all the way up to my scalp and leaves a tiny bit of untreated hair toward the root, it doesn't lay so flat. You have to use shampoo with no sulfates or whatever it's called. They say you have to use the Pravana brand shampoo but you don't, and it's not good anyway IMO.

It's truly a wonderful thing for me, with frizzy hair in a humid climate.

edit: I still have my natural wave. I can flat iron it perfectly straight if I want but the wave is there if I want that. It's so nice at the lake and the beach because when my hair air dries, it's not a frizzed up mess.

I don't know how much it costs because she does mine for free.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Some people gots all the luck! A daughter AND hairdresser.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information