Thread: Electrolysis - Ouch!

A*O

Default Electrolysis - Ouch!

I know I should not be surprised that having a needle with an electric current zapping through it inserted into a hair follicle so it fries is painful, but GOD it f#cking hurts! Is it just me? Am I over-sensitive or just a wuss?
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

It doesn't bother me, but if you find it painful, you can get a topical numbing ointment to put on before. They are over-the-counter here in the US now. The one I used to use was prescription and called Emla. I thought electrolysis hurt less than having broad swathes of hair ripped out by the roots by waxing and at least the effect is eventually permanent. I hated the idea of doing waxing forever. I had my underarms done -- it was one of the best things I ever did for myself beauty-wise!

A*O

I'm having a few 'granny whiskers' zapped on my face - Waaaaah, I'm OLLLLLLLD, it's official. If anyone makes a joke about bearded ladies you are dead OK?
    Dame Edna Everage

I've had three granny chin whiskers since I was 20. I'm to the point I can pull them out with my fingernails when needed.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

A*O

Someone told me about Emla cream - you can't get it over the counter here either unfortunately. But as luck would have it my cousin is an anaesthetist so I'll ask him to nick some from the hozzie.
    Dame Edna Everage

I have 1 granny chin whisker. I pluck it whenever I notice it. I HATE it.
    A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world. Everyone you meet is your mirror. -Ken Keyes Jr.

Bronze Member

electro is hugely painful in lower bikini area! I've done for a while in underarms, bikini and the occasional whisker, and it depends on the area!
    but pleasant... it ain't!

ReinaBikipatra

This is gross but I will tell. My whole life I have had a very thin but PLATINUM glowing blond hair that grows out on my left cheek a little in front and below my ear. Here's the gross thing. Unchecked it will grow and grow and grow! Juat because of that ONE hair, I shave my left cheek. Better safe than sorry. I read somewhere that geishas would shave their whole faces for perfect exfoliation to make heavy makeup look smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by Titania View Post
    electro is hugely painful in lower bikini area! I've done for a while in underarms, bikini and the occasional whisker, and it depends on the area!
    but pleasant... it ain't!
    I still think it's less painful than waxing. One hair at a time I can deal with, yanking out the whole bikini line --

A*O

Nah - I'd rather have 2 seconds of brazilian wax agony and have the bastards ripped out en masse, then 2 seconds of eletrolysis in a single hair follicle again, and again, and again.........
    Dame Edna Everage

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Nah - I'd rather have 2 seconds of brazilian wax agony and have the bastards ripped out en masse, then 2 seconds of eletrolysis in a single hair follicle again, and again, and again.........
    But I did it again and again ... and now it's gone forever! No waxing for me ever. I've been verrrry happy about it.

A*O

Laser is good - provided the hair has some colour (no good for whitegrey suckers)
    Dame Edna Everage

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I know I should not be surprised that having a needle with an electric current zapping through it inserted into a hair follicle so it fries is painful
    I think it hurts good. I mean, it's way more painful having a mustache and whiskers and being a girl. I've had a little electrolysis. Had my upper lip done, my chinny chin chin, my underarms, my bikini, my bum, my upper thighs, my toes. Only took two years. Never had to do my knuckles though. They drag on the ground so, no hair there...
    I have no signature. Oh my, I shouldn't even be reading this stuff!
    Lil's blog

SVZ

Default Re: Electrolysis - Ouch!

hehe...well there's something off my to do list

Default Re: Electrolysis - Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by A*O
    I'm having a few 'granny whiskers' zapped on my face - Waaaaah, I'm OLLLLLLLD, it's official. If anyone makes a joke about bearded ladies you are dead OK?
    You're not old I had a friend at school who was natural blonde and she use to get a few dark hairs coming out of her chin that she has to pluck.

I'n maturally dark so I'm quite hairy which I hate! The odd time I get the odd hair thats darker than others on my chin or neck so I pluck it. I found it embarrassing at first but when you think about it, everyone has hair all over their bodies, some peoples is just lighter than others, its no biggy!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Thread Information