Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's hot with hair these days?

Default What's hot with hair these days?

Every once and a while I feel the urge to be trendy - I usually lose the urge right about when I park the car and walk to the salon door.

Anywhooo

I have an appt next to get the hair do done - I need a change something fun. I have medium/dark brown pokka stright hair with longish bangs and I want highlights or something - something funky but not too young, trendy and desparate looking.

Anyone know what I mean.

I'm not even sure if I know what I mean.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Default Re: What's hot with hair these days?

I have the same problem as you, suede. Looking for a new style but not short is hard to find.

Dear God - my typing errors are scary...
    Lao-tzu

I made a change last week. I was fairly natural, dark blonde with subtle highlights, all one length only with and angle in front.
    I went full on blonde and layers. Took 4 hours & $200. bucks, $250. with tipping I'll be forced to get my roots done in a month to six weeks, blech. Now I remember why I stopped bleaching my hair. It looks really good though!

Quote Originally Posted by Luna
    I made a change last week. I was fairly natural, dark blonde with subtle highlights, all one length only with and angle in front.
    I went full on blonde and layers. Took 4 hours & $200. bucks, $250. with tipping I'll be forced to get my roots done in a month to six weeks, blech. Now I remember why I stopped bleaching my hair. It looks really good though!
    That sounds hot - I bet you look awesome.
    I love that multi color blond look but no blond for me, it would look very silly.

I was thinking dark blond and red highlights ...
    Lao-tzu

I made the mistake of saying 'I think I need to cut off some length'...well, that was the end of my hair. It's short (for me). It's above my shoulders and has tons of layers and highlights. So....now its grow out time....except for the highlights.

It is very hard Suede....though, its just hair, so if you aren't super thrilled with the result, you know its going to grow back eventually. Just ask Aliceinwonderland!

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD
    I made the mistake of saying 'I think I need to cut off some length'...well, that was the end of my hair. It's short (for me). It's above my shoulders and has tons of layers and highlights. So....now its grow out time....except for the highlights.

It is very hard Suede....though, its just hair, so if you aren't super thrilled with the result, you know its going to grow back eventually. Just ask Aliceinwonderland!
    So you like the highlights but hate the length?

I had cut off a lot of hair back in NOV - haven't cut it since.
    I loved it at the time until I saw a photo of myself - SOBS

Now i want it really long again - right now I don't care about the color upkeep and hair is easier to grow in summer in my mind because I have it up most of the time. So by fall voila - it will be much longer.
    Lao-tzu

^^Yea, I'm digging the color/highlights, just a tad too short for me. But, I have to heed my own advice and realize that it will grow back.....hopefully soon!

I think it's nice to have it a bit longer, beyond the shoulders, so you can do a variety of things with it--various updo's, down (straight or curly) etc....so I'm with you on the length thing.

Sucks....men don't know how lucky they are do they?

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD
    ^^Yea, I'm digging the color/highlights, just a tad too short for me. But, I have to heed my own advice and realize that it will grow back.....hopefully soon!

I think it's nice to have it a bit longer, beyond the shoulders, so you can do a variety of things with it--various updo's, down (straight or curly) etc....so I'm with you on the length thing.

Sucks....men don't know how lucky they are do they?
    Sounds like we had/have the same hair cut.
    I agree totally - it's either been down or in one of those comb like clips.

Men have no idea - mine just got himself a military cut - and he's like a pig in slop.

And I'm tortured until my actual appt.
    Lao-tzu

LOL my husband runs to the hair cuttery and gets his hair buzz cut. I don't like it! Good think he doesn't do it often, it's thick, looks good spiked.

Good luck with your new look, Suede
    What color eyes do you have? If their light, I think dark hair really makes them pop. Layers are a nice change and not too hard to grow out. Long bangs sound good when swept to the side or back with a calick.
    Tell us what you go for?

I want to have a slight change of hairstle too. Right now I have a side fringe and layers in the rest of my hair. But I don't like my side fringe any more, its just so difficult to make it look nice, I want more of a fringe, still a bit to the side so its not a full fringe but you know

I found this pic of Jessica Alba and this is exactly how I want my fringe...

I also want some more layers, but short ones, so theres like a whole layer of shorter hair on top so to give it more volume and lift if you know what I mean? I've looked everywhere for a pic but can't find one I've seen it on so many people in the past though!!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

I'd be careful asking for short layers when your hair is as long as yours is, Tiara. I had mine done a few weeks ago, and I don't know if its just because the hairdresser was a bit crap but it looked totally 'disconnected'. And I paid a fortune for it to be done too

I had to go straight back to my original hairdresser, and she sorted it but I had to lose some length to make it look more balanced

Just showed me though that it doesn't always pay to go to an expensive hairdresser. I can't believe it cos the OP $250. Isn't that about £150.

My hairdresser only charges £4! That's right £4!!! That's about $7 and I'm always happy with it.

Ivillage is a good trend-spotting site: http://magazines.ivillage.com/mariec...593628,00.html.

I have desperately been trying to get rid of my blonde hair and go strawberry blonde (what I was born with). Finally after like three months, the red color isn't fading.

You're so right Bella, I pay £7.95 for a hair cut and most of the time I'm really happy, the only thing they do wrong is sometimes they are not risky enough, I'll ask for a new style but they'll just trim it. But I suppose thats better than them just hacking it all off!

A friend of mine pays about £100 to get her hair cut and coloured and I think it always looks shit, you can see the scissor marks in it and the streaks are always really odd looking and wonky!

I want a new style and I saw the exact thing in the hairdressers while I was sat waiting so I said, I want it just like that girls over therem but I had a different stylist and she just didn't listen! I don't even know the name of the other girl who had cut the hair that I liked!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Tiara, that picture of Jessica Alba is lovely. I wish I could get my hair to go like that every day but it's quite wavy. Just don't forget that someone is there to make her hair lovely 24/7.

You can also have multifunctional bangs. Mine are just long enough to work sideswept (they're subtly longer on the sides than the middle) but still work dead forward.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information