Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crest White Strips make my teeth hurt!!

Default Crest White Strips make my teeth hurt!!

Ouch, Iím using the last few of my Crest White Strips and they genuinely do work far better than every other teach bleaching kit Iíve found at whitening the teeth, but I do find I get incredibly sensitive teeth with them, even if I do reduce how often I use them to every 2-3 days.

I do want to keep on using them so Ö. whatís good to treat sensitive teeth? Iíve tried all the sensitive toothpastes like sensodyne but not of them seen to work very well. Have you ever found anything to be effective? Someone mentioned Bi-Carb to me once but I felt like I was being poisoned when I put that in my mouth!

Default Re: Crest White Strips make my teeth hurt!!

i know what you mean! i had to take a break bc i couldn't finish the whole pack (it was the seven day ones) and i started back up again two days ago and a whole new sort of pain has begun. when the strips are on i will get a random extremely sharp pain in different locations each time but it feels like i need to rip the strips off and make it stop. but just as soon as it's come it's gone just like that. i think just keep spacing it out, and keep trooping. it'll be worth it when your teeth are pearly white!

I'd mistrust any product that makes me hurt every time I use it, but that's just me. Teeth whiteners are usually not recommended by dentists
    "Sex is not, by default, depraved and dirty. Unless it's really good."
    morons.org

Quote Originally Posted by misskris
    when the strips are on i will get a random extremely sharp pain in different locations each time but it feels like i need to rip the strips off and make it stop. but just as soon as it's come it's gone just like that.
    Thats just what it feels like, couples with a dead ache afterwards, and it doesn't go away

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara
    I'd mistrust any product that makes me hurt every time I use it, but that's just me. Teeth whiteners are usually not recommended by dentists
    I think these ones contain the same stuff that dentists use, and my dentist is a useless piece of crap anyway so I don't listen to him

I have custom teeth whitening trays and gel that comes in syringes, both from my dentist. When they are through I'm going to just buy Crest strips. My teeth do get sensitive for a day-2 after bleaching but I only use it once every few months for special ocassions.
    My husband can't use any whiteners because his teeth get too sensitive.

It must eat away at the teeth or something? Teeth are porous, right?

Yes it eats away the first "layer". SO the more you do it, the more sensitive and fragile your teeth will get. I'll keep my nice ivory shade
    "Sex is not, by default, depraved and dirty. Unless it's really good."
    morons.org

My MIL is getting her teeth professionally whitened by her dentist and says that she is in serious PAIN. So, I'm not sure that any of the products don't hurt......which sucks.

Zee

I have extremely sensitive teeth and noticed this when I had my teeth whitened.

My dentist has me put a layer of rx fluoride toothpaste over my teeth like a little tooth mask. Looks like crap but eliminates the problem. No more pain!
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Quote Originally Posted by Luna
    I have custom teeth whitening trays and gel that comes in syringes, both from my dentist. When they are through I'm going to just buy Crest strips. My teeth do get sensitive for a day-2 after bleaching but I only use it once every few months for special ocassions.
    My husband can't use any whiteners because his teeth get too sensitive.

It must eat away at the teeth or something? Teeth are porous, right?
    I also have the custom trays from the Dentist and use the bleach from them. I only do this every now and then though. I have to stop as they get too white.

I have never used the crest strips though but have a friend that does and she complains that they hurt and don't work for her.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

For those who got the custom tooth whitening kit from the dentist, how much did that cost you? And others who had a whitening treatment at the dentist how much was that?
    I might want something like that for myself.
    I sometimes use one of those whitening toothpaste and that also does make my teeth sensitive.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Moomies, from memory as this was about 2 years ago, getting the mould taken and the trays custom made cost the most at about 500 or so. The bleach then was about 200. That is a sketchy estimate as I honestly cannot remember. But I do know it cost quite a bit and that the trays were the most. But now I buy the bleach for around 60 but that is a smaller kit. Hth.

The stronger the bleach concentrate, the more the bleach costs also.

my trays(3 years ago) were about half that 250.00 or so and the gel is only about 40 but I think that shit eats away your teeth over time and yes it is painful. the strength of the dental product is at least twice that of the over the counter stuff but I switched to the OTC and it still hurts!(and does not work nearly as well) I have become very suspicious of these products and have cut down their use greatly(to the detriment of my teeth as I drink strong black coffee)..if celebs have their teeth eaten away they can just get veneers...what about the rest of us???? You can get knock-off supermarket brands of OTC whitener for half of the cost of Crest and they work no worse really. But I really think they are eating away the enamel or something or why else would they be so damn painful sometimes?
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

SVZ

they don't eat away at your teeth, they're peroxide bleaches, it's usually carbamide peroxide, which forms hydrogen peroxide with water. it just makes some people's teeth sensative

if you're really short on money you can buy ear cleaning drops, which has the same ingredients

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ
    they don't eat away at your teeth, they're peroxide bleaches, it's usually carbamide peroxide, which forms hydrogen peroxide with water. it just makes some people's teeth sensative

if you're really short on money you can buy ear cleaning drops, which has the same ingredients
    well it is good to know they are just painful and not actually consuming anything.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

SVZ

i'm sure if you had enough they could eat away enamel, but it releases oxygen

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information