Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are high end highlighting bleaches better than the cheap bleach powder?

Question Are high end highlighting bleaches better than the cheap bleach powder?

hi i was wandering if anyone could help me? i currently bleach my hair with a high lift bleach mixed with 6% cream persoxide my natural colour is dark/medium blonde like a dark sand colour i used to call it a mucky mixture as in the summer i get streaks of blonde with some steaks of copper i am fair skinned with freckles i have tried going dark a couple of times and i just do not suit it i suit red but prefer blonde anyways sorry for going off track there, after my hairs been hi-lighted i put a toner on its wella colour touch pearl ash blonde 8/81 which darkens it down a little but puts an ash tone to it which i like i am growing my hair now and it is getting thicker by the week as when it was short i had to style it everyday straightners etc and my hair around the front of my head had thinned out. i am noticing that with just a regular highlift bleach my hair is becoming a little coarser even though i do a deep conditioning treatment once a week. i have been looking for a more expensive bleach powder and i have come across a product by tigi its true light lightner bleach powder in a white and purple tub and there is the developing cream to go with it also another product that is less harmfull and has a silver tone to the bleach to elliminate any brassy yellow tones an indola white bleach powder with conditioning agents in and it lifts 7 times with just a 6%. has anyone used any of these products? surely they must be better as they have conditioning agents in it and better technology than just a cheap hi lift bleach well thats what they say on the containers? i usually just get my roots done but the last time it was done 4 weeks ago it didnt go as ashy as i like and is a little more brassy my hairdresser had also used some different foils pre-cut color track foils which i think are thinner they were ok with my longer layers but not so good with the shorter layers they seemed to slip (since this i have bought the foil i prefer the foil is thicker and on a roll with a dispenser to cut the foils into size) i am going away for easter and want my roots doing before so if i used one of the high end bleaches with a 6% on my roots and just went over the ends to lift the brassy tone out plus the toner i use will that be ok? i have been using the same bleach for 6 years my hair lifts so quickly and i am lucky to be able to get such a high lift with just a 6% peroxide i just dnt understand whats happened this time? it was left on long enough we didnt do anything different than we usually do other than the foils but as my hair is getting longer i think its best to use a better product with conditioning agents in etc the ones iv looked at lift 7 stages with just a 6% peroxide. i am so fussy about my hair i hate trying new products i was a medium brown 14 mnths ago and gradually iv gone lighter as i wanted to be a light ash blonde highlights with my natural colour too but this time soemthing went wrong. i appolagise for the essay i have wrote lol i am a hairdresser myself and have never had a problem with the bleach i have always used im just nervous as its change but i guess i wil just have to try it and see what happens? im thinking it will be ok. well hoping!
    josaphene x

egads, paragraphs and periods are your friends.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Did you mistake this for a hairdressing forum?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

tl;dr
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Keep doing what you're doing.. it looks like you have nice beautiful blonde hair.
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

I get my highlights done at the salon, have no idea on any do it yourself jobs, I'd be afraid my hair would fall out.

Quote Originally Posted by MsChiff View Post
    Keep doing what you're doing.. it looks like you have nice beautiful blonde hair.
    really?
    if that's her picture in her avatar, i think it looks white and fried.

get thee to a salon and stop torturing your hair.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

oh deary, we must train you in the ways of GR
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I could only read the title. The wall of words gave me an instant headache.

It doesn't look like you're highlighting anyway though. You're a one color blond, if that's you in your avatar, so I don't really understand the question. Personally I don't like the platinum blond look. It looks fake and over processed on everyone. See Gwen Stefani as an example.

If you come back please make the post easier on the eyes.

I clicked on this but fuck it - I'm not reading that diarrhea-like paragraph.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Um.. hello.. sarcasm cough cough (are you guys slipping?? )
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Um.. hello.. sarcasm cough cough (are you guys slipping?? )
    apparently I am. ** runs to bleach hair (and mustache) **
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

headache from that. Stop and take a breath.

Quote Originally Posted by josaphene View Post
    hi i was wandering if anyone could help me? i currently bleach my hair with a high lift bleach mixed with 6% cream persoxide my natural colour is dark/medium blonde like a dark sand colour i used to call it a mucky mixture as in the summer i get streaks of blonde with some steaks of copper i am fair skinned with freckles i have tried going dark a couple of times and i just do not suit it i suit red but prefer blonde anyways sorry for going off track there, after my hairs been hi-lighted i put a toner on its wella colour touch pearl ash blonde 8/81 which darkens it down a little but puts an ash tone to it which i like i am growing my hair now and it is getting thicker by the week as when it was short i had to style it everyday straightners etc and my hair around the front of my head had thinned out. i am noticing that with just a regular highlift bleach my hair is becoming a little coarser even though i do a deep conditioning treatment once a week. i have been looking for a more expensive bleach powder and i have come across a product by tigi its true light lightner bleach powder in a white and purple tub and there is the developing cream to go with it also another product that is less harmfull and has a silver tone to the bleach to elliminate any brassy yellow tones an indola white bleach powder with conditioning agents in and it lifts 7 times with just a 6%. has anyone used any of these products? surely they must be better as they have conditioning agents in it and better technology than just a cheap hi lift bleach well thats what they say on the containers? i usually just get my roots done but the last time it was done 4 weeks ago it didnt go as ashy as i like and is a little more brassy my hairdresser had also used some different foils pre-cut color track foils which i think are thinner they were ok with my longer layers but not so good with the shorter layers they seemed to slip (since this i have bought the foil i prefer the foil is thicker and on a roll with a dispenser to cut the foils into size) i am going away for easter and want my roots doing before so if i used one of the high end bleaches with a 6% on my roots and just went over the ends to lift the brassy tone out plus the toner i use will that be ok? i have been using the same bleach for 6 years my hair lifts so quickly and i am lucky to be able to get such a high lift with just a 6% peroxide i just dnt understand whats happened this time? it was left on long enough we didnt do anything different than we usually do other than the foils but as my hair is getting longer i think its best to use a better product with conditioning agents in etc the ones iv looked at lift 7 stages with just a 6% peroxide. i am so fussy about my hair i hate trying new products i was a medium brown 14 mnths ago and gradually iv gone lighter as i wanted to be a light ash blonde highlights with my natural colour too but this time soemthing went wrong. i appolagise for the essay i have wrote lol i am a hairdresser myself and have never had a problem with the bleach i have always used im just nervous as its change but i guess i wil just have to try it and see what happens? im thinking it will be ok. well hoping!
    Wait... you are a hairdresser and you are asking for bleaching advice from non-hairdressers. Why not ask a colleague?? My non-pro advice would suggest that you shave your head and start again. It looks fried.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information