Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hand Rejuvenation

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Default Hand Rejuvenation

I been wanting to post this for a while and I'm ready for the piranhas

this is not the best pics, I've seen better more up-to-date ones in brochures

Radiesse is a semi-permanent filler used primarily for cheek and jaw augmentation, and sometimes in the smile lines (nasolabial folds). It is also commonly used ("off-label") for rejuvenation of the hands to diminish the appearance of bones, tendons, and veins. Typically, results last for about a year, and can stimulate your body to produce its own collagen. Radiesse is not for use under the eyes or in the lips due to the risk of noticeable lumps and bumps.
    Hand Rejuvenation

Because our hands receive so much exposure, it is one of the first places to start showing visible signs of aging.
    Natural aging, and exposure to sunlight, causes this appearance. The more common visible signs of aging include darkened spots (a.k.a. “age spots”) and precancerous growths. A loss of fatty tissue also occurs, making our hands look bony. Hand rejuvenation treatments can help restore the hands to a more youthful appearance. Various treatment options are available, so one treatment or a combination can be used to help achieve a look that patients desire.

Who would best Represent an Ideal Candidate for Hand Rejuvenation Treatments?

Those people looking to enhance the appearance of their hands would represent an ideal candidate for hand rejuvenation treatments. Although reasons vary from person to person, the more common include:

* Enhancing appearance and boosting self-confidence.
    * Becoming less self-conscious about appearance.
    * Achieving smoother looking skin.
    * Regaining a more youthful look.

However, the prospective patient must also be aware that cosmetic surgery is designed for improvement, not perfection. Patients should have realistic goals and expectations for their hand rejuvenation treatment. Be sure to discuss your reasons for wanting to undergo this operation with the doctor during your consultation visit. This will also help determine your candidacy for the procedure.

To find out which procedure works best for you, consult a qualified practitioner who has extensive experience in performing hand rejuvenation. Sometimes, finding a qualified doctor is not easy.

During consultations, doctors can learn more about the patients and vice versa. This visit gives the doctor a chance to evaluate the current state of the patient’s skin and discuss options that will help the patient achieve a desired look. Consultation visits also give patients the opportunity to address their goals and expectations for their treatment and to ask any questions they might have. These visits also allow the doctors to inform the patient of the benefits, precautions, treatment response, adverse reactions, method of administration and other important information.
    Besides injectibles and creams and lazers there is also the possibility of something called a hand-lift, where like a face-lift, the skin is cut on top of the wrist and pulled upwards, removing some skin and re-sewing. i don't know if its practiced, but I've heard of it some years ago. sounds promising!

If you're vain enough and none of this interests you, there's always wearing SPF lotion on your hands & arms during the day and/or gloves 24/7. There are people who do this and wear long sleeves in the sun too etc. mostly its mature Asian women I see who do this and have to work out-doors like on Venice Beach and just around in public.

if you have a contentful rewarding full life where you're happy and keeping busy mentally and physically then I'm sure none of this post will interest you and I'm sorry for showing you a little bit of the dark side....

thank you for your time, now please proceed with your nice normal life

I can see having this done. I wonder if there are any exercises one can do to build some muscle on the top of hands? Off to Google.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

fgg

i'd think about it too if my hands were old lady hands.

This is one procedure I would seriously consider. I dread having old lady hands.

If you take care of your hands this will not be a problem.
    My Mother has lovely hands still with zero age spots. The only thing she did was faithfully use hand cream. No special kind-just never once went out the door without creaming her hands first. Also had hand cream by her bed and in her car.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

You can have as many facelifts as you want, but you can always tell age by the hands. Take note, Madonna.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    If you take care of your hands this will not be a problem.
    My Mother has lovely hands still with zero age spots. The only thing she did was faithfully use hand cream. No special kind-just never once went out the door without creaming her hands first. Also had hand cream by her bed and in her car.
    Unfortunately I inherited my mum's scrawny chicken claws, there's no handcream in the world that will add flesh to these bones...and if there is, I demand to know about it!

PS I'm 36

ETA; found a clinic in London who offer Radiesse hand injections for 500. I'm booking a consultation tomorrow.
    Last edited by Belt Up; January 9th, 2011 at 12:15 PM.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

you can see everything through my skin due to my fairness, its gross to be honest, so im kind of fucked too with my blue veins and shit showing through my hands. ugh

but then again, they're just hands and there's more to life then worrying about their appearance! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Belt Up View Post
    Unfortunately I inherited my mum's scrawny chicken claws, there's no handcream in the world that will add flesh to these bones...and if there is, I demand to know about it!

PS I'm 36

ETA; found a clinic in London who offer Radiesse hand injections for 500. I'm booking a consultation tomorrow.
    OMG! That will be so painful!
    That could be It, some of us inherit hand that stay plump & never show veins. My veins are small & deep, but cause great pain when it comes time for a blood test.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Lol! That's the only time mine come to the for McJag!
    I think that a lot of this stuff can be prevented by using a good SPF.
    Free Charmed.

thankfully I inherited my granmothers hands but I'm all for doing whatever it is you need to do. Sarah jessica parker has laser work done on hers, I read. That lady had some awful hands, not sure how they are now. Laser is popular here for hands. For many things
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

I hate wearing gloves when washing dishes, so my hands are a mess even when I use moisturizer. But I've been doing regular lactic acid peels, and they are much improved.

I have to wash my hands many times a day (or use the foam hand sanitizer) at my job & this has destroyed my hands & nails. I don't have time to put lotion on every time. My hands used to look nice, but not so much these days!

I saw someone get this live on Dr Oz, the results were amazing.
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

Side note: I love Death Becomes Her! I should rent that again.. it's been a while.
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information