Login to remove the ads!

Thread: Do your makeup like a Bollywood movie star

Default Do your makeup like a Bollywood movie star

I could watch these endlessly. Love her brows and her bone structure. It's like watching an artist paint.

How To Look Like A Bollywood Star (Celebrity Style)

Eye tutorial

How To Apply Eyeshadow Bollywood Style (Eyeshadow)

A glittery holiday look. A ton of eyeshadow and eyeliner, but it works.

How To Get The Retro Bollywood Look (Eyeshadow)

SVZ

I love watching makeup tutorials...I don't know why...maybe it's the ritual of it

I know. I can waste a whole hour watching them.

These were good.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

I loved these! Must get glitter eyeliner.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

^^Urban Decay. I have the gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    ^^Urban Decay. I have the gold.
    I was thinking aqua!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Learned something new. Cool. I will have to use it.

Oh, I have the purple metalhead color from Urban Decay. I haven't got the balls (or application skills) to wear it in public yet. I swear I'm missing the girly makeup application gene. It's why I hardly wear makeup, I look like a 9-yr-old who got into her mommy's makeup drawer.

I wore gold glitter eyeliner last weekend out. I was worried about looking like a tard, trick was to go easy. It's a fun look.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

I love make-up tutorials especially the emphasis on the eyes!

I have to say that I'm unable to follow many of these eye make-up tutorials as the ones above because I don't have much of a crease.

I follow the ones specifically created for Asian eyes. I can achieve the same results but I have to apply the eye make-up differently.
    Rock the fuck on!

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Oh, I have the purple metalhead color from Urban Decay. I haven't got the balls (or application skills) to wear it in public yet. I swear I'm missing the girly makeup application gene. It's why I hardly wear makeup, I look like a 9-yr-old who got into her mommy's makeup drawer.
    Practise! Or..... go somewhere like Bloomingdales & get a lesson
    Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    I wore gold glitter eyeliner last weekend out. I was worried about looking like a tard, trick was to go easy. It's a fun look.
    I wear glitter eyeliner a lot, I started with just a silver colour but I wore bright turquoise to the office for halloween, not many people noticed... I don't think that people actually look.

My next one is coming from Illamasqua (Illamasqua Homepage), I've heard great things about them.

It actually has written instructions under the vids for anyone that needs them...
    How To Look Like A Bollywood Star

Bollywood stars such as Shilpa Shetty and Aishwarya Rai always look fantastic with their dramatic makeup and opulent clothing. It's a unique look that always makes an impact. Want to know how to look like a Bollywood star? Never fear. As always, VideoJug has the answers. We teamed up with Naveeda, award winning Bollywood makeup artist, to bring you this guide to how to get the look.
    1. Step 1: Colours

The best colours to use when creating the Bollywood look are greens, blues, pinks and purples, and the secret is to use as many different shades as you can. Getting the Bollywood look is all about adding colours on colours.
    2. Step 2: Before you Begin

Make sure your skin is completely clean and dry.
    3. Step 3: Eyes

Begin with the darkest colour first. Dust it over the entire eyelid with a medium eye shadow brush. It's best to start with the darkest colour you're going to use because it's easier to blend than if you're going from light to dark. Once you've applied the colour, use a blending brush to smooth it over, so that you don't get a harsh line when you add the other shades.
    4. Step 4: Add Lighter Colour

Once you've applied the darkest coat, apply a lighter colour to the inside of the eyelid. Applying the eye shadow here gives the appearance that the eyes are wider, and makes them look further apart, which is important for this look.

Blend this lighter shade in with the darker colour, using a blending brush. Make sure the line where the colours meet at the top is soft, and that the colour does not stop at the brow bone. It is important to carry the colour up to the contour area.
    5. Step 5: Bring Out Colour Beyond The Eyes

With a small brush, bring the eye shadow out in line with the nose and the end of the eyebrow. Bollywood eyes are all about the dramatic look and this means bringing the colour out beyond the eyelid itself.
    6. Step 6: Apply Highlighter

Using a big brush, highlight the top of the eyelid underneath the eyebrow and blend it slightly over the colour where it meets the brow-bone. This is done using a bright, shiny, light colour.
    7. Step 7: Add Vibrant Colour

To really pick the eyes up, with a clean, medium sized brush, add a really vibrant shade of the colour you are using. With Bollywood makeup you can keep adding as many vibrant colours as you like.
    8. Step 8: Eyebrows

It is very important to go over the eyebrows. Don't use a pencil - this creates a very strong, unflattering line that looks too harsh, so it's best to use a powder and gently go over the eyebrow line. Once you've done that, comb the eyebrows with an eyebrow brush.
    9. Step 9: Foundation

Using a foundation brush, apply foundation all over the face. The Bollywood look is all about creating a heavy look, so be generous when applying it. Use full coverage foundation and blend it down to the neckline. Many people have combination skin, which means that your skin is two-tone. Go over the first coat of foundation with a lighter colour. TOP TIP: Always match your skin colour in natural daylight, not under artificial light.
    10. Step 10: Concealer

You may need to go over some areas with concealer. To do this use a smaller brush, and then blend it in with your fingers. Never apply the conceraler before the foundation, because once you apply foundation on top you're actually wiping the concealer away. You may want to apply some just below the eye to get rid of any dark circles. Pat over the areas with a large brush to get rid of any patches.
    11. Step 11: Powder

Use a translucent powder and, with a medium brush, sweep it underneath the eyes and over the face. This sets the foundation and stops any shine. Then, with a fan brush, sweep it over the face to get rid of any excess powder.
    12. Step 12: Apply Colour Underneath The Eye

Using a small angled brush, dab some dark eye shadow underneath the rim of the eye to give it some definition. You can either use one colour or blend two colours together to do this. This gives a softer, smokier look than using black eyeliner underneath the eye. Then, in the corner of the eye, apply a smidgen of the bright colour.
    13. Step 13: Mascara

Apply a coat of black mascara first to the lower lashes, and then to the upper ones.
    14. Step 14: Eyeliner

Apply black eyeliner to the inner rim of the eye. This really brings out the shape of the eye.
    15. Step 15: Blusher

With a blusher brush, apply blusher to the apple of the cheek and up towards the temple. This creates a warm glow to the cheek. Dab a tiny bit of translucent powder to a medium brush and blend it in to the colour to soften the line.
    16. Step 16: Lips

With your fingers, put some foundation on the lips to take out any deep pigment. Because your eyes are heavy, it's important to keep the lips a fairly neutral, nude colour. First apply lipliner to the entire lip - this helps the colour to last longer and gives a base for your lipstick. With a lip brush, apply lipstick the same shade as the lipliner all over the lips and finish with gloss to create beautiful kissable lips.
    17. And there you have it. Now you look like a true Bollywood Star. But if you want to create a slightly different look, watch VideoJug's "How to get Eyes like Aishwarya Rai" and "How to Apply Eye shadow Bollywood Style".

1. How To Get Eyes Like Aishwarya Rai

Hailed as the most beautiful woman in the world, and Bollywood's biggest star, Aishwarya Rai has eyes that every woman wants. VideoJug teamed up with Naveeda, award winning Bollywood makeup artist, to show you how to get them.
    2. Step 1: Colours

To create these eyes, you will need to use soft, neutral colours like browns, golds and beiges, and you will need several different shades to perfect Aishwarya's look. Because her eyes are so dramatic naturally, Aishwarya keeps them looking natural and neutral.
    3. Step 2: Outline The Crease of The Eyelid

Using a small brush, outline the crease of the eyelid with a dark colour - this helps to give the eye definition. Blend it in with a blending brush so that the line is soft and does not look too harsh. The best colour to use here is a brown or bronze.
    4. Step 3: Shimmery Colour

With a big brush, apply a light, shimmery colour and brush it onto the eyelid. Smooth it all over the lower eyelid. TOP TIP: When applying the eyeshadow to the brush make sure you shake off all the excess powder before you apply it to the eye.
    5. Step 4: Glittery Colour

Take a pale, glittery, creamy eyeshadow and, with a small brush coat this over the top of the colour you have already applied. Again, shake off the excess before you apply it to the eye. Gently dab this colour onto the middle of the eyelid, where the eyeball sits.
    6. Step 5: Earthy Colour

Using a light, earthy colour and a small brush, gently apply a layer of colour to the upper eyelid and across the browbone, so it sits underneath the eyebrow.
    7. Step 6: Ouline Crease of Eyelid Again

Using the same dark brown colour you used in step one, gently go over the crease of the eyelid once more, to redefine the shape of the eye.
    8. Step 7: Eyeliner Effect

Using an angled brush, take a dark brown colour and apply it to the upper eyelid, as you would apply eyeliner. Using a blending brush, soften this line a bit. If you wish to, you can do the same to the lower eyelid, although this is not essential.
    9. Step 8: Highlight

Using a very pale colour and a small brush, highlight the top of the eye, underneath the eyebrow.
    10. Step 9: Mascara

Apply a light coat of brown mascara to finish the look. And there you have it. Aishwarya Rai eat your heart out!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

i need to watch these; another one is hair tutorials. i dont know how to do shit!

SVZ

i was in the sephora the other day, and 20 bucks for something the size of a friggin' insulin syringe! wtf

• Thread Information