Thread: Fading Scars

Default Fading Scars

Has anyone successfully gotten rid of scars? I have a small one from a bad cyst, and desperately want to get rid of it, or at least make it fade. What are the options? And am I just being impatient? I've never had scars before and have no idea if or when they fade. I could google it, but I want to hear real experiences, not beauty column advice. Thanks!

How long have you had it? I've had a few scars from various things and a minor burn I had took over a year to fade completely. But my skin does seem quite bad for healing! The only scar I've had that remained was from a bad cut I had on my eyebrow when I was a kid that required stitches.

vitamin e oil is good for fading scarring. jamieson makes a good product. i don't know where it is but keep scars from the sun at all times. it will probably fade with time but the oil is very beneficial.

I second vitamin e!

Vitamin E is good. I think Mederma is good, but I can't stand behind that 100% yet. I used it on a scar on my youngest and it faded very nicely, but that could be because he was only 9 or 10 at the time and baby skin just heals better or it could be because of the Mederma.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Egolita recommended NeoStrata lotion a few years ago, so I tried it and it really did work. Unfortunately for me it has to be Proactiv every day or my skin breaks out, so I had to stop using the NeoStrata, but it did work very well

Mederma works well for me. You just have to use it religiously per the directions, but I had good results with it. The scars didn't completely fade but they were about 90% less visible.

Silver Member

I'm using glycolic acid, the brazillian peel from Sephora. I'm part east indian, part irish, and I scar/darken like a bitch. I had a cyst removed by a derm and it took about a year to fade to nothing, but cystic acne, the odd bout I had, only glycolic, and the strongest, helped. Natura Bisse extreme peel is amazing, pricey though. I'd rather see a proper board certified plastic or derm for what you would pay for a bottle. Hope that helps.

if it's on your face or any part of your body that is exposed, the most important thing is to keep it out of the sun, especially if it's recent.
    i got a mole removed by a plastic surgeon. it was right above my eyebrow. i had to wear a little strip of flesh coloured bandage right on the scar for a good month after the procedure, and then wear sunscreen religiously. you have to know there's a scar and be looking for it to even see it anymore.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

mederma mederma mederma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Bio oil also helps with scars and stretch marks. I definitely recommend that but not sure if its available in the US.

Thread Information