Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What kind of tooth brush do you use?

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default What kind of tooth brush do you use?

Manual? Electric? Water pik? hmm what else? Sonic?

I have an electric one but I usually use a manual brush. It's something that I'm used to so I couldn't get accustomed to and didn't quite like the electric cuz you have to brush your teeth differently than with a manual brush. Plus I like the way manual brush kinda massages my gums (feels nicer than the electric).

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Default Re: What kind of tooth brush do you use?

I use a manual Oral B soft bristle. My dentist always gives me an Oral B when I visit, so I buy that between visits. My gums are sensitive, so I go with the soft bristle.
    What are you looking at, sugar-tits? - Mel Gibson

manual. I'd love an electric but I'm cheap

I would never go back to a manual after I've had an electric brush, they are great, so little effort but such great results. Something like 9 out of 10 dentists reccommend them. My mum went to the dentist a few years ago and he recommended an electric toothbrush and her teeth have never been better. Thats when I started using mine, my teeth are healthier because its easier to remove/prevent plaque and they're also whiter!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Electric. But I'm gonna switch brands - I have the Crest Spinbrush and my dad will not shut up about this new Oral-B electric.

oral b electric bc i have a habit of overbrushing. i wear down gums bc i love that clean feeling. doing much better and don't seem to have any recession anymore so i'm happy about that. i've taken to flossing every day too which i didn't used to do. you'd be surprised to know that the dental hygenist says it's more important than actually brushing. who knew!

Gold Member

Sonicare Elite.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

I have one of those Oral-B brushes, slit in half down the length into two weird paddles, with these rubbery doodads on the side and it vibrates.. i dunno wtf it's called.

I wish i still had my electric toothbrush, that thing fucking ROCKED.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I have an Oral B 3D electric toothbrush. I absolutely love it.

I went on vacation a few weeks ago and had to use a normal toothbrush and hated it.

I have a sonicare but don't use it too much anymore since my periodontist said that it's doesn't really matter if you use them. Nothing beats having those cleanings every 6months. They give me an Oral B soft brissle brush with compact head. Said the very best thing is to use mouth wash 3 times a day esp at night. Listerine or something similar is good. I know all about this because I lost 75% of the bone in my mouth due to stomach disorder and being malnurished for almost 10 yrs. I had to get bone replacement surgery and gum grafting. It really sucks because my teeth are pretty good.

Hints that I have been told to ensure healthy gums and teeth. Always rinse your brush with hot water before brushing, it softens the brissles and it cleans better. FLOSS. ALWAYS. At least twice a day. If you can't floss, use mouthwash. NEVER IGNORE BLEEDING GUMS. Keep up on it. If you aren't satisfied with your dentist, find someone else. Go to a periodontist if you expect something isn't quite right.

Pregnancy is a bitch on the gums and teeth so take extra care of them during that time.

Hope that my problems can help others.

Elite Member

electric.... I like it better then manual though I do sometimes have to use it when I forget to recharge the electric one....

Manual. Colgate. I won't try electric for some reason.
    I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep.
    That's deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?---Jean Kerr

Quote Originally Posted by misskris
    oral b electric bc i have a habit of overbrushing. i wear down gums bc i love that clean feeling. doing much better and don't seem to have any recession anymore so i'm happy about that. i've taken to flossing every day too which i didn't used to do. you'd be surprised to know that the dental hygenist says it's more important than actually brushing. who knew!
    My mum had the exact same problem! She use to brush so hard she was wearing her gums away! Thats the beauty of electric toothbrushes, you don't hardly have to do anything, you just hold it there and it does all the work for you!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Manual. I have an Oral B electric one but I prefer to do the brushing myself. Plus I got the one without batteries and I always forget to reload it.
    "Sex is not, by default, depraved and dirty. Unless it's really good."
    morons.org

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Is Oral B that good. My dentist also gives me a brush or two when I go in for a cleaning. Most dentists and research say that small head with soft bristles are good but I like mine with big head and medium to hard bristles. I don't brush hard so I don't make my gums bleed or anything, I just feel cleaner after brushing with stiffer bristled brushes. Electric one doesn't make me feel clean (though it prolly does a better job at removing plaque etc) cuz it's more effortless.
    Last edited by moomies; March 14th, 2006 at 11:21 AM.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information