Thread: Retinol

Default Retinol

Anybody use a product with retinol in it? supposed to be nicer to your skin than retin-A.

Chick at the drugstore was trying to sell it to me. I was like what is it for and she looked at me and says 'Well big pores for instance" while pointing to my head. I wanted to cry.

Does it work?

***oh shit this might need to be moved to beauty and skincare IM SORRY!

I was about to make a new thread, and this one popped up.

Anyway, I have tiny lines around my eyes but I think they are getting worse. Am I going through a "worse before it gets better" phase?

I bought the CVS brand, Retinol Deep Wrinkle Serum. First, my eyes itched and were dry, but now, nothing. I've been using it for about a month now.

Has anyone used a good product for wrinkles?
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

I'm using retin-A. Doctor said with any retinol product it will take 6 months of continuous use to see good results. Good Luck!
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Wow! That's a long time. I remember using L'oreal wrinkle cream (I cannot remember what type, but it's in a red pump) and after 1 bottle, I noticed a difference on my nose. I guess I will go back to that.

The stuff I use now is used daily. Sometimes morning and night since I wash my face twice a day.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Vouch for retinol. Cosmetic creams will plump up skin temporarily, giving the appearance of less wrinkles, but retin-a will cause new collagen to form over time. If your skin can handle it, it's better than any cream out there.

The Thing About Retin-A: It Works

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/30/fa...pagewanted=all
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

czb

i used retinol for years and it definitely does work. however, my current derm took me off it since it is pretty toxic (teratogenic) and put me on something else that works well.

I've been using Retin A for two months. I've noticed a pretty significant difference already in fine lines. I still break out on my forehead and my skin isn't quite as perfect as I'd like. Still, it's better than anything else I've used.

Is there a way for your derm to prescribe it and insurance will cover it?

Mine offered it to me. Insurance companies seem to balk a bit at women over 30 using this because it is also used for wrinkles (cosmetic rather than medically necessary for acne). Most of the women I know who use it said the insurance company just verified with the doctor that the script was being used for acne and they covered it. Some of the generics are quite cheap if you have to pay out of pocket.

I just bought some off the internet. I went for a low % to start with as I have delicate skin (unlike the rest of me). I think it cost less than $20 plus shipping?

ETA - I'm talking about Retin-A.
    THanks WCG i didn't know this bit "But regular use of a retinoid product also increases the amount of new collagen formed, research has found, and that new collagen will last for years."
    Free Charmed.

Thread Information