Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Do you wash your hair everyday?

Default Do you wash your hair everyday?

I have fine, naturally curly and very long hair. It's always been dry, but has been awful lately. My question is if you don't wash your hair everyday, do you still wet your hair? When I get out of bed, it's really obvious if haven't "styled" my hair every day since it's really curly. Sleeping on it means my curls get crushed or poofed out, so my plan is to get it wet and put in a really good leave-in conditioner that my stylist recommended each day when I take my shower ... I'm just worried that since I also have fine hair that it will look greasy. Yuck.

i have fine hair, and just cannot wash it every day, because it makes it so flyaway. i also cannot just wet it down because that makes it feel dirty.

But since i dont work, i just throw it in a clip.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

nope, i def don't wash my hair very often
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

I wash mine every 2-3 days. I have very thick Blonde hair so it holds up well without having to wash it every day.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

I have very thin/fine hair also--yet have a lot of it, if that makes sense.

I do NOT wash my hair everyday. I started doing every other day about 7 yrs ago and wish I had been doing it my entire life. I will occasionally wet it down if its really fucked up or something on the 'off' day, but usually not.

I swear my hair has really gotten much healthier since I started doing it this way.

I have the opposite problem. My hair is thick, slightly wavy, and has a tendency to be dry. I wash it every second day and I apply special conditioning treatments at the ends. One of my good friends doesn't wash her hair every day. She has curly hair and she uses a curl refresher spray to bring the curls back to life. If I recall, she uses this one.

Rock the fuck on!

My hair is very long, and thick and wavy. I wash it 2-3 times a week. It is just too long to wash it any more, and besides, my hair is much healthier from it.

Standing outside a KFC defending the Colonel

I wash my hair every day. I think I have a touch of OCD and if I don't I feel weird and dirty. I could probably train myself to wash it less often but it would be a challenge.

I also have fine, long hair, and what I do to keep it from getting too dry is to only soap the roots of my hair with shampoo, and then to keep it from looking greasy, I only condition the ends of my hair.

The way I wash my hair now leaves it looking pretty nice, I think so anyway.
    I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them. - George W. Bush

Every 2 or 3 days here. I wear updos almost every day. Hair is to my waist and thick all one length. Living in florida I rarely waer it down. After I wash it I let it air dry or put it up. Its better to not wash every day.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

I have fine hair, but a lot of it and I wash it every other day. Any more than that and it gets too dry, any less and it's greasy. I also keep 2 different kinds of shampoo & conditioner and alternate between them every time I wash my hair. It keeps it feeling moisturized, but not weighed down.

you guys are lucky. i have to wash it every day because my hair is super oily. i can get away with not washing it the second day only if i put it up in a pony tail and only if i know i won't be doing anything that night because by the evening of the second day it's pretty gross.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I have thick curly hair that I blow dry straight. For that reason, I wash it every other day (and plan my workouts accordingly LOL).

I have very thick, straight hair and I wash it 1-2 times a day. It's short though (I'm a guy) so maybe it's different with long hair...

A*O

If I'm in sweaty Gym Junkie mode then I have to wash it every day. If I don't go to the gym I wash it every other day because it's fine and I have to use a lot of product which makes it look greasy after a couple of days max. If I don't put product in it I look like the Straw Man.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    you guys are lucky. i have to wash it every day because my hair is super oily. i can get away with not washing it the second day only if i put it up in a pony tail and only if i know i won't be doing anything that night because by the evening of the second day it's pretty gross.
    For anyone who is interested, I had the same problem. This might be because you wash it too much. I would not recommend washing everyday because your hair might start over producing natural oils being stripped from your hair each time you wash it.

About a year ago I went through a hair obsession phase because I wasn't happy with the way my hair was looking. My hair is naturally thick and wavy but I noticed a lot coming out at the time. My hair was also getting to be clumpy and oily yet dry at the same time. I was washing with mainstream brands like Finesse, Matrix, Herbal Essences and Pantene about every other day, sometimes everyday. After a lot of research I switched to organic non-sulfate shampoos and forced myself to cut down to once-a-week washes. Almost immediately, baby-hairs around my forehead started appearing. I also noticed less hair coming out over time (not immediately). At this point, my hair even seems to adjust better to different climates. All around, I would absolutely recommend going natural.

If anyone is interested, a few other things I have found to be helpful: Don't use hot water on your hair (not great on your skin either). Try to let your hair air-dry vs blow dry whenever possible. The less heat the better. Look for a non-sulfate shampoo and organic if you can. I'm currently using WEN. I still switch between a bunch of brands like Giovanni and L'Bri among others. If you want to go super organic you can try Aubrey's but it didn't work well with my hair type and was hard to wash out without build up (still worth a try). Look for 'tea tree' if you decide to cut down on washes, because your scalp will most likely suffer (and itch like hell) due to the sudden routine switch. Neem oil is also great for scalp health.

Oh and one last thing... I wouldn't trust what your stylist says before further research. My stylist recommended shampoos crammed with harsh chemicals and told me to wash it everyday and iron or blow dry it straight for better health. haha
    Last edited by dangerous; August 2nd, 2010 at 08:53 AM.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information