Thread: Brazilian Blowout (warning: NOT a FF thread) :)

Default Brazilian Blowout (warning: NOT a FF thread) :)

Thought I should put a disclaimer in the title, since I know where people's minds go naturally when hearing 'blowout'!

Has anyone had this done? Or known anyone that has? Good results? Worth the money??

I just saw my hairdresser this past Saturday and she was telling me about this and she is newly certified in it. Sounds good, though expensive. I think I may do it next time I go....

Brazilian Blowout About Us

That's funny, I just heard about this last week. They said women do it for the summer and it's supposed to calm the frizzies. It's a few hundred dollars.

^^Yea, that's about it. My hair can get semi frizzy in the humidity, so wanted to know if it actually works..

fgg

it sounds like the keratin treatment i've gotten a few times. definitely helps with the frizz.

if this is what i think it is, then yes, it's worth it. my little brother had it done recently - my mother's idea. she wanted his hair to look smooth for his graduation (lots of events, and pictures) and the poor boy's hair is a dry frizzy mess normally and after the treatment he still had his curls but they were shiny and smooth and manageable. he didn't want it done at first and called my mother crazy for suggesting it but he was really happy with the end results.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Omg i thought this was about giving your pubes an FF style blowout
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

How much does it cost and how long does it last? I would definitely be interested. Is this different from thermal straightening/reconditioning?

Well, I don't know a ton about it, but from what I have been told---it IS a Keratin treatment and last for 12 wks. Is supposed to really help w/frizzy hair and takes 90 minutes to 'complete'. There are products that you are to use after (shampoo/conditioner/leave in stuff) which is included in the price. The price in my area for this is $250.00, but could be different in your area.

I think I am going to try it next time I go. My hairdresser is giving first time clients $75.00 off the total price.....

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Me too!!!

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Well, I don't know a ton about it, but from what I have been told---it IS a Keratin treatment and last for 12 wks. Is supposed to really help w/frizzy hair and takes 90 minutes to 'complete'. There are products that you are to use after (shampoo/conditioner/leave in stuff) which is included in the price. The price in my area for this is $250.00, but could be different in your area.

I think I am going to try it next time I go. My hairdresser is giving first time clients $75.00 off the total price.....
    i've had the 12 wk one done twice but you have to not wash your hair or get kinks in it (like from sleeping on it weird or putting your hair behind your ear) for three days. last time i got one that lasts a month and you only have to wait 24hrs to wash your hair. the 12 wk was $200 which included the shampoo/conditioner and the 4 wk one was $75. definitely give it a try!

lol, me three!

Elite Member

What does FF stand for in this context? Femme fatale? Fat fingers?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LaFolie View Post
    Me too!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    lol, me three!
    Glad to see I'm not the only perv who thought this and yet entered the damn thread anyway!
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    What does FF stand for in this context? Femme fatale? Fat fingers?
    Femme Fatale......she loved a good blowout.

Thread Information