Thread: Hair colour question

Default Hair colour question

so this friday i have an appointment to get my hair cut and some highlights put in. this is my first time i'm getting colour at this place since i moved here and left behind my wonderful colourist in geneva. judging from how well they cut hair and the colour i've seen him do on friends, i'm not too scared but i also want to make sure he knows exactly what i want.
    i have dark ashe blonde hair. right now i've got my natural colour for the first time in years. i want to get a few highlights. nothing major though, not as light as what i used to get. so i need help finding pictures of ashe blonde hair (very ashy, no yellow or red in there at all) with highlights in it. most of the pics i've seen are lighter than what i want to go now so any help would be greatly appreciated!
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm a big fan of cool ash colors, and I know how hard it is to find. Everything is always so brassy.

Just some random ones I pulled off google:

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

thanks witchcurl!
    i think that first one is really close to what i want, i'm thinking a few lighter highlights as well, but the base colour is similar to my natural colour.
    and i know what you mean about so many brassy blondes. it's like everyone wants yellow hair. and colourists want to give you yellow hair. i've walked out of salons almost crying because the bastards give me yellow hair even after i spend 15 minutes explaining how my hair is ashy, i have no red undertones in there, yellow looks bad on my skin, and they still insist on giving me a warm blonde. ugh.

this is really similar to what i used to get done:

but i want something a little darker. maybe like this:
    but she seems to have some yellow in hers, especially along her forehead. unless it's my monitor that's making it seem that way.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Just make sure you tell the colorist that you want it to be subtle. One time this lady did mine and that shit lastest for YEARS, Sput! I was so pissed!

Oh and ash colors rule.

I have very cool undertones and only look good in ash tones, so I feel your pain. Every time I've ever gotten highlights they always want to put me in the one-size-fits-all golden highlights. I look like shit with gold in my hair.

I've been thinking I want some highlights in mine too, but haven't gone for this very reason. I may borrow some of these pics for my stylist. I haven't let her even try to color my hair yet, but I may test it out and see. She seems pretty color savvy, so maybe she'll get it.

This may be a shade too light, but Claire Danes sometimes has very nice dark blonde coloring:

If you ever want to see a perfect ash blonde, just drag a child in with you to the salon!
    ...of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

^^^^
    ooooh, i love that! thanks! i'm definitely taking that picture with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey Normal View Post

If you ever want to see a perfect ash blonde, just drag a child in with you to the salon!
    ugh, i know!!! not to brag or anything but i had the most perfect hair as a kid, a beautiful ash blonde and with natural hightlights.

I just learned something new. I never took notice between the yellow blonde and the ash blonde. I love all that silvery taupe, the white, the cream, the ashy blonde. So sophisticated. And you're right because mostly you see yellow blondes out there.

Good luck! You'll be gawjus.

Yeah! Glad you liked the pic. It is truly difficult to find a good picture of ash blonde hair. If you've got pink undertones in your skin, the yellow blonde colors just do awful things to you. On a funny note, when you have ashy hair, the stray grey hairs just blend right in, I call them my natural platinum highlights.
    ...of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Thread Information