Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite zit remedy?

Default What is your favorite zit remedy?

I like Mario Badescu's drying lotion. The pink stuff in the little glass bottle. But I cannot afford that right now, so I need something new.
    I always buy stuff that does not work!

A*O

Only you know your skin, but a friend of mine who is a martyr to zits even if the wind changes direction swears by putting a dab of toothpaste on it and covering with a Bandaid overnight. Apparently the toothpaste dries out the zit and the Bandaid cuts out the oxygen so it more or less disappears. But I think it depends what causes the zit. I know the docs say it's nonsense, but too much chocolate DOES cause zits for me - ditto PMT.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I have some cream that dries them out and they go away within a day, its great, only costs about £4 for a big tube too. I forget the name I'll have a look when I get home
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

AGREED!!!

Mario Badescu's drying lotion is the best thing I've tried.

Lil

If I get an actual spot I have an ancient bottle of some Clinique stuff. Still seems to work though. But if my skin gets all lumpy bumpy (usually a function of hormones or stress or, god forbid, both ) Elemis SOS cream works really well for me. It has lavender it it, and is quite heavy so I just use it at night, but it is really calming and can often head off spots before they get too ginormous.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

Default Re: What is your favorite zit remedy?

I heard that hemorrhoid cream works! For bringing down the redness!
    Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here...
    www.fashion-templates.com

Bronze Member

I use In Your Dreams every night (and a.m.) -- it's a mark. product, super cheap, and works great for me without making dry spots. It's my preventative, really.

When I have a breakout (usually hormonal), I dab a dot of Queen Helene Mint Julep masque overnight ($2.99 at Target/WalMart/Drugstore.com), and I try to do an aspirin mask (learned about that at makeupalley) before my shower.

Bronze Member

My ritual for night time: Wash face first with Cetaphil soap (the white bar). Neutrogena has a product called Advanced Solutions Acne Mark Fading Peel that is an "acne mark fader" and your supposed to put a thin layer on your face and wait for 3 to 5 minutes, then wash it off like a mask.

What I do though is I actually take it and use it as a "scrub" instead - and then wash it off. Then I use Joey New York Pure Pores Roll-On Blemish Fix and roll that all over my face - kind of like a toner. Then I moisturise with Neutrogena Healthy Skin Visibly Even Daily SPF 15 Moisturizer so I don't overdry. I have moved to this regimen after being on Differen Gel and Benzeclin topical treatment (both prescriptions from a Derm.)

For mornings, I just wash with Cetaphil soap and Moisturize with the Visibly Even again. The key also is to stop using all over foundation - (this was VERY hard for me!) so now I just conceal on under eye area and imperfections only (not the entire face) with Almay Skin Smoothing Concealer with Kinetin.

I lightly dust my face with Too Faced Pressed Afterglow (in Lust) after applying concealer and my Too Faced Liquid Light (which is used on the bridge of my nose, and to highlight around the outside of my eyes), then I use Too Faced Blush, then set it all with Almay Clear Complexion Pressed Powder.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

I've had acne more or less since I was in the 3rd grade and nothin but Accutane worked for me and so I always say that I would be so rich if I just put an oil rig on my face and drilled for oil cause so damn much comes outta my skin/big painful zits everyfuckingday of my life!

Bronze Member

.... awww Alice I had the big painful cystic type too so I know how it hurts and affects your self esteem.

Two Index Fingers.
    An EM is like a Scientologist - Unhinged and Unbelievable - Now shutup and place your hands on my EM-Meter

Elite Member

...ew. 1 cycle of Accutane worked for me. For two years now I've gotten compliments on my "perfect" skin, and get at least one on a daily basis at work--let this be our little secret.

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by fatguyinalittlecoat View Post
    ...ew. 1 cycle of Accutane worked for me. For two years now I've gotten compliments on my "perfect" skin, and get at least one on a daily basis at work--let this be our little secret.
    same here but i didn't really need it before hand...i had 10 zits maybe? but i was lucky enough to have it prescribed by my school lol

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Is the effect of accutane permanent? Like, once you start taking it and stop, you won't get zits and oily skin any longer?

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I've heard that applying a damp paper towel of visene (sp?) works to reduce the redness..... I swear by toothpaste and differin gel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information